Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.3 won't have a raiding tier

Quote from this thread on the forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592242035

Right now we’re planning for them to return in 5.3, which will not have a raid tier, and offer upgrades again as people will have likely have some currency to burn.
    How does everyone feel about this?

This goes by what I predicted about MoP; that it would have more patches more often.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

How do I feel about them coming out with tons of content between raid patches? It's fucking great.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.2 has a raid tier.

So why should 5.3? I mean, don't you want some time at least to progress through the tier before getting a whole new one? I like it how it is. Lots of content updates. It all feels new so fast.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great. So we're looking at SoO at the earliest being late this year. Later yet if Blizz is smart and goes for 4 tiers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm not surprised, and most people shouldn't be, it falls right in line with what Blizzard has said about their new patching structure. As long as it comes out in a timely manner, I'm all for it. I really like the feel of these "lore" patches in between tiers, it gives us more to do with out the pressure of completely re-gearing, and the way the lore has be introduced so far has been excellent, IMO. Also, if SoO is not 5.4, I'm very curious about what they have in store for us.
    Last edited by kolston; 2013-01-15 at 05:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Great. So we're looking at SoO at the earliest being late this year. Later yet if Blizz is smart and goes for 4 tiers.

Why would they even go for four tiers. I mean what else could they go for for a raid? I mean there is not much left. I mean I can't even think of anything they could go far at this point. The Thunder King would be resolved at this point and what else would they have to deal with?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They have already said numerous times that they are shooting for 3 tiers per expansion.

Keep in mind that expansion are also coming out faster (what they plan).

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post

This goes by what I predicted about MoP; that it would have more patches more often.
    You mean what was explicitly stated by Blizzard representatives pre-mop beta right?

5.3 not having a raid tier isn't news nor needs a discussion. All signs point to them keeping their promise with huge raid tiers followed by smaller additions to the game.
    Great idea, great expansion.
    Now if people can just realize dailies aren't mandatory and stop quitting over them, we can chalk this up to my favorite era in WoW ever.

There's always some new bad guy to resurrect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Why would they even go for four tiers. I mean what else could they go for for a raid? I mean there is not much left. I mean I can't even think of anything they could go far at this point. The Thunder King would be resolved at this point and what else would they have to deal with?
    Garrosh says hi.

No, really. Isn't he supposed to be the final raid boss of the expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    How do I feel? Well I feel as if Blizzard is doing exactly what they said they were going to do.

Ofcourse alot of people are going to bitch and moan about the fact that there isn't a new raid every patch, since the other 8 million players don't matter, but whatevs.

I am a little bummed about the whole upgrade thing being put on hold for 5.2 since I haven't had much time to dedicate to playing in the past month, so now I'm going to need to grind out those Valor points, but oh well :P

But yeah, as Darsithis said, 5.2 is going to be a raid tier, so why should 5.3? Majority of players have just finished Terrace, and there are alot who are still progressing. 5.2 is going to have close to the same amount of bosses as the entirety of t14, with some of the bosses looking rather interesting and difficult. So if release was any indication, then a majority of players won't have finished t15 until halfway through 5.3, seeing as how it'll only be about 2 months until 5.3 after 5.2 hits

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Garrosh says hi.

No, really. Isn't he supposed to be the final raid boss of the expansion?
    I believe he was talking about if there was another raid before the SoO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    How does everyone feel about this?

Doesn't everyone know that's how they're going to be doing it, GC said ages ago that they plan to do a raid patch -> none raid patch -> raid patch.

Common knowledge and far better than what we had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Thehealbus View Post
    How do I feel about them coming out with tons of content between raid patches? It's fucking great.
    ^ I agree with, IF it was the truth.

How do I feel about them coming out with LITTLE BITS of content between raid patches THAT ONLY ADDS MORE DAILIES? Not so fucking great.

^ is the truth, and how I truly feel.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    5.2 has a raid tier.

So why should 5.3? I mean, don't you want some time at least to progress through the tier before getting a whole new one? I like it how it is. Lots of content updates. It all feels new so fast.
    Haha, you know you've been a mod too long when you assume the worst out of posts. Seemed very neutral in tone to me -- if anything, pleased.

Back on topic: Freaking love the major patch / minor patch / major patch / minor patch cycle they're doing. Just hope 5.3 includes some dungeons. Hopefully 3 (wouldn't be mad at more than that) ... but at least 2.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

How do I feel about them coming out with LITTLE BITS of content between raid patches THAT ONLY ADDS MORE DAILIES? Not so fucking great.

Heaps of content for me, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't content, otherwise raid patches don't count as content either, since PVPers don't like them. It's not the truth, it's you not wanting to do dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

Done the new dailies? They actually give quests which pass the general story line forward in between, and some of these quests are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Common knowledge and far better than what we had before.
    Unless they add more than just a daily hub and a meh thing to do on the side (Brawler's guild is fun for about an hour or so, then it gets meh), I can't say I agree with this being "far better". I'm not expecting a raid tier or anything, but maybe a dungeon or some questline (THAT ISN'T TIED TO A DAILY HUB) or some random fun thing to do (Dailies aren't considered 'fun things').

I feel like if they made Brawler's guild give some decent rewards at rank 7-8, I'd actually be pushed to do them, and that might have been enough content (that, or gating you to 1 rank a week, but you're still allowed to fight ANY of the bosses you've killed previously). Once I hit 7, I just stopped because it didn't feel worth it, plus it got boring.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

If you really like dailies why don't you just make an alt and start from scratch? It's essentially the same "kill X of Y" shit for 90 levels. Plus the lore is better.

Well since there can't be much less content than in cataclysm I suppose I don't really care.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-01-15 at 05:26 AM.