Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Tigon thread. ('secret' race?)

Behold, Tigon!

http://www.wowpedia.org/Tigon

What is a Tigon you ask? Tigon are a very ancient race, and therefore not much is known about them. So little, in fact, that the name Tigon isn't official, but rather the name given to models using the Tigon body from datamining. Roar from Karazhan being the most famous of "Tigons" and High priestess Kilnara from Zul'Gurub transforms into a 'Black Tigon'. They existed far before playable Worgen (They do not use the Worgen animations or structure AFAIK) and have never had a proper reveal by Blizzard. Maybe if we amass tweets to Mr. Kosak he'll spill the beans on just what they are.

Let your speculations run wild. What are they? Where do they come from? Are they loa? an entirely new race? Natives of Azeroth on some faraway continent?

I think they are dogs.

Deleted
    Never gave them much thought really. Would be cool to see a tribe of them somewhere.
    always viewed them as shapeshift forms of trolls

Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    Never gave them much thought really. Would be cool to see a tribe of them somewhere.
    always viewed them as shapeshift forms of trolls
    Reminds me of the show Gargoyles when they come across a small band of gargoyles in London, one of them being a tiger humanoid. Also, the group the Mutates -- where the leader is a black panther hybrid.

Wouldn't mind seeing more of these guys, but I doubt they'll be implemented to any serious degree anytime soon.

I've never thought of them as their own race; 3 of the four have been Trolls becoming imbued with the power of a God, more akin with Druids' forms than anything, and the fourth could be yet another transformation or costume. Or, since this is Kara we're talking about, an actor who was magically fused with their costume and stuck that way thanks to Kara's crazy magical properties.
    It'd be cool to see them as a race I guess, but with no existing lore (as a race anyway) it'd feel awfully random and forced. Plenty of other MMOs have "big cat" anthro races, it'd seem kind of bandwagony, as it's something a lot of people think is cool but they only play them for looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO they're just a model and transformation - not race.

Maybe some kind of off shoot from the Tol'vir? They look similar, but ofc only on 2 legs.

They are a model introduced for a raid fight in vanilla. Not a race. Like many others, they were later re-used for other purposes.

There is no lore about them because there's nothing for lore to be about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite sure they're just half animal, half humanoid troll transformations.

The "tigon" in question first appeared in Zul'Gurub... High priestess Arlokk (replaced by Kil'nara) and High Priest Thekal (who dropped the swift zulian tiger) would turn into these creatures by invoking an animal transformation.

It's nothing particularly out of the ordinary... several Trolls turn into animal-humanoid creatures.

As for Roar in Karazhan, I'm fairly certain he was just another strange anomaly... no more strange than how a troll found her way into a human acting troupe, or why Karazhan has a titanic construct in it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    IMO they're just a model and transformation - not race.
    I'd of thought the same thing too, but given that Blizzard actually named them 'Tigon' in the spell tooltip instead of like 'TrollTransform11' throws bells to me. I'd give them a shot as possibly being something other than a troll mixed with a tiger.

I'm pretty sure they're just a loa/troll fusion hybird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I'd of thought the same thing too, but given that Blizzard actually named them 'Tigon' instead of like 'TrollTransform11' throws bells to me. I'd give them a shot as possibly being something other than a troll mixed with a tiger.
    Blizzard names their models all kinds of weird things. I wouldn't read into it.

For example, Freya in the game files is named "freia." Thorim is called "thorum." That probably doesn't mean there are evil twins of the ulduar watchers meandering around. There's a model file for the old spirit of competition pet called "Chinese dragon." That doesn't mean that the country of "china" exists in World of Warcraft... For all these examples, and the Tigon, Blizzard just named them whatever came to their mind when working on it.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-15 at 06:48 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Regardless of being a possible transformation of a Troll, still interesting to see why or how In more detail as to how they do this, and also, if there are more we haven't seen because there has been no reason for them to transform up until this point.

Tbh we have had dog people, fish people, insect people, reptile people, bird people, cow people, statue people

Always kinda wondered where cat people were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82
    Regardless of being a possible transformation of a Troll, still interesting to see why or how In more detail as to how they do this
    Unless I missed something in the patch notes, the "tigon" hasn't manifested in the game since 4.1, and that was because it replaced another Tigon from vanilla WoW... so in essence, we haven't seen hide nor head of a tigon since BC, and even Roar could be chalked up to "Karazhan spectral wierdness."

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Tbh we have had dog people, fish people, insect people, reptile people, bird people, cow people, statue people

Always kinda wondered where cat people were.
    They're called Tol'vir.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Tigon aren't a race at all, stop making things up. :I

tigon = a troll who turned into a tiger/panther hybrid with the power of the loa.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:06 AM ----------

also: I hope one day druids get to use the tigon model as cat form somehow
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Eh, that's nothing. Back in Vanilla i replaced Moonkin with Ragnaros. Promptly hit my head on a twig in felwood.

Maybe a pre-study for the tolvir or whatever the name is for the guys in Uldum?
    I hope we find this race in some future xpac; doesn't look bad.

Deleted
    in mists of pandaria art book you can find picture of white Tigol in some kind of priest/monk robes page 169