[Discipline] Spirit Shell & Rallying Cry

Quite a simple question really: Is it often beneficial to hold off using one of your Spirit Shell casts in an encounter when you know Rallying Cry will soon be getting popped?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Quite a simple question really: Is it often beneficial to hold off using one of your Spirit Shell casts in an encounter when you know Rallying Cry will soon be getting popped?
    It will probably be more beneficial to use them separately, atleast if you are talking 10 mans, instead of wasting it for bigger numbers.
    use it when it would save lifes instead. Besides, you wouldnt need it before spirit shell is used already. Using Spirit Shell after the damage wont help much, and a proper used Spirit Shell (which is sooo hard to do) should be all you need at that point.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Thanks for the quick response and clarification. It was just something I was thinking about before to get a bigger absorb out of the CD. It's a moot point regardless seen as the Warrior I play with just pops it whenever he feels like it'd be fun to smash another button.

10+ Year Old Account
    More often than not Rallying Cry is used reactivley while Spirit Shell is used preemptively.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    More often than not Rallying Cry is used reactivley while Spirit Shell is used preemptively.
    Maybe in 25m. In 10m you don't always have that many cooldowns to pick from.

Though with a disc priest I guess you don't really need any more cooldowns than SS.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

If you mean to use rallying cry to increase your cap amount for Spirit Shell, I'd say definitely don't do it in 25man. You rarely have time to cast enough PoH's to stack spirit shell anywhere near cap in 25man.