Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    This can already be accomplished by solar beam....
    RoP is far superior becaus it sticks to the target while it silences and disarms the target and everyone around it.
    Solar Beam is easily avoided by moving out of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    RoP is far superior becaus it sticks to the target while it silences and disarms the target and everyone around it.
    Solar Beam is easily avoided by moving out of it.
    You can the person who has RoP, I think theoretically you can get out of a RoP faster then you can get out of solarbeam.

And the person that said a team would roll5 monks...My team would crush your team, running 5 of any class is not really viable.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

if 15 monks can coordinate the kind of scenarios you are talking about than they deserve to win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You can the person who has RoP, I think theoretically you can get out of a RoP faster then you can get out of solarbeam.

And the person that said a team would roll5 monks...My team would crush your team, running 5 of any class is not really viable.
    How do you get out of RoP when it is ON you? It doesnt matter if you move 5000 yards. It will still be ON you.
    Also.. rooting someone in solar beam forces you to use 2 CC to get the same effect as RoP and the target will still
    be able to melee you as opposed to being in RoP where the target also gets disarmed. RoP is superior by far. No competition.

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you get out of RoP when it is ON you? It doesnt matter if you move 5000 yards. It will still be ON you.
    Also.. rooting someone in solar beam forces you to use 2 CC to get the same effect as RoP and the target will still
    be able to melee you as opposed to being in RoP where the target also gets disarmed. RoP is superior by far. No competition.
    If it is on you, you are screwed but if it is not have the person who has it go left and have everyone else go right and bam it is easier to get out of it then solar beam. if you are melee you would not want to melee in a solar beam anyways, the only person who should be in it is their dk and you should not be focusing him at that time anyways.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    If it is on you, you are screwed but if it is not have the person who has it go left and have everyone else go right and bam it is easier to get out of it then solar beam. if you are melee you would not want to melee in a solar beam anyways, the only person who should be in it is their dk and you should not be focusing him at that time anyways.
    Yes... if the monk horribly fails with using RoP then it is easier to counter. That is true.

Deleted
    me and my friend do that sort of stuff in AV on our rogues, love smoke bombing our boss and watching their tanks die

Deleted
    I honestly think spell would be fair game if it could only be casted on friendly players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I honestly think spell would be fair game if it could only be casted on friendly players.
    If it triggers DR, has a longer cooldown and can only be cast on friendly players i would see this being balanced in arenas.

If it triggers DR, has a longer cooldown and can only be cast on friendly players i would see this being balanced in arenas.
    Or if it affected your team as well perhaps, excluding the monk that cast it.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    I can't imagine how DRs should work with such a spell. Think of solar beam, it doesn't trigger DR either. A longer cooldown would be appropriate though.

The ability in its current state needs to be scrapped.

Can rogues still FoK/deadly throw while disarmed by this?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gnolp View Post
    RoP is currently NOT affected by DRs. Almost certainly unintended though I'd think.
    This. Eating a full 8 second disarm through RoP as a warrior with pvp 2 piece (50% disarm reduction) followed by a 4 second dismantle shows this to be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

First of all, it's only 8 yards. So it's not preventing casters. Second of all, frost DKs and ferals will still be able to deal some sort of damage. Lastly it wont ever happen in a random BG because of the coordination required, and in RBGs I dont think you will see 5 monks on the same team in a 10man. Even then it will be less gimimicky than aoe-gripping a team into solarbeam + ursol's vortex.

Just RoP the healer. Free 8 second silence on the person.

Ummm.... you cast that on a DK and he can't do anything at all. Silence stops all defensives and spells and disarm stops all strikes. DK would be a sitting duck for 8 seconds not being able to defend themself or do any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Boomkin / Rogue synergy isn't all that great at all. The only time they somewhat worked well together was late Cata when you could setup a 100-0 in a beambomb, and even then it wasn't as good as Lock/Rogue, Spriest/Rogue, Hunter/Rogue, Mage/Rogue for Rogues and Mage/Boomer, Lock/Boomer, Spriest/Boomer, Ele/Boomer for Balance druids.

Any rogue comp with a monk healer will be able to achieve a RoP-bomb. AND it includes disarm. AND the RoP is 'moveable' if the target blinks / leaps / displacers / gets gripped out of the bomb (cast it on the nuke target). There is a few reasons why a ring of peace with bomb is more potent than a beambomb.

Imagine a Warrior or Feral CD stacking while you get RoP-bombed on by a shadow blades dancing rogue. Literally 0 chance to survive unless you're a paladin with bubble.
    you cant bubble if you are silenced

Quote Originally Posted by Xnon22 View Post
    you cant bubble if you are silenced
    You can't bubble if you've been interrupted. You CAN bubble if you are silenced.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Ummm.... you cast that on a DK and he can't do anything at all. Silence stops all defensives and spells and disarm stops all strikes. DK would be a sitting duck for 8 seconds not being able to defend themself or do any damage.
    The spell only has a small radius. Any decent DK would run out and cast ranged spells, or switch target of course.

Deleted
    The spell only has a small radius. Any decent DK would run out and cast ranged spells, or switch target of course.

he said if you cast that on the DK, if its cast on the DK he cant run out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    he said if you cast that on the DK, if its cast on the DK he cant run out of it.
    Why would you cast it on an enemy target in the scenarioes the OP described?