Legendary Quest - 2nd part

I guess that what pushed me to create this thread is the fact that I tried to do it alone. I've slacked a bit on the first part so I only now completed the second part that gives you the "Eye of the Black Prince" (extra prismatic socket on a Sha-Touched weapon). For those of you that aren't there yet, be sure that you will do it with other people or you will have a bad time since this part of the quest has PvP forced into it.

The first quest requires you to kill the commander of the opposing faction in Krasarang Wilds (he has 120m health). This forces you into their territory and if your realm is active, it will take you a while to kill since people questing there will screw you over.
    The second quest requires you to WIN a Temple of Kotmogu and a Silvershard Mines battle. Now this can be almost impossible because it requires other people to give a fuck... and they don't. It took me 1 hour to get the win in Kotmogu and 6 hours straight for 1 win in Silvershard Mines.

Now don't get me wrong, I like PvP, I am on a PvP realm but there's a time and place for that. Not everyone likes it and not everyone feels like doing PvP at a certain time, maybe they want a break.

Now that's out of the way, what's your opinion on forcing PvP into the legendary quest chain?

Also, here's a video with basically what's above and the "cinematic" at the end of the "Chapter II: Wrathion's War".

Last edited by Ichifails; 2013-01-15 at 11:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    legendary = not everyone can achieve this and it should be
    ...pain in the bottom

All the legendary items should require an enormous effort or great luck (sulfuras, thunderfury). So this is fair in my opinion.

So, speaking as a total PvP noob, who barely ever PvPs, hates it usually and was utterly dreading this part of the quest...

I don't mind it. Yeah, it took me a couple hours in each BG to get the 1 win I needed, but honestly? I learned a bit more about my class, tried out a new perspective on the game. Actually did the new BGs (which I wouldn't have bothered with otherwise). Had a few lols with my 0 PvP resi, by using Touch of Karma to blow other people up when they tried to blow me up...

It was different, it was interesting. It was a bit of hard work and I feel rewarded. I'm not going to be rushing back into PvP anytime soon of course, but I don't mind that I was forced into it for a little bit. Opened my eyes, broadened my view of the game and my experiences. Sounds like a good thing to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Now don't get me wrong, I like PvP, I am on a PvP realm but there's a time and place for that. Not everyone likes it and not everyone feels like doing PvP at a certain time, maybe they want a break.
    But you are on PvP realm. Now imagine how people on PvE realms feel about that Krasarang Wilds quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    But you are on PvP realm. Now imagine how people on PvE realms feel about that Krasarang Wilds quest.
    It doesn't flag you for PvP anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    It doesn't flag you for PvP anymore.
    Oh, great if so. I am still collecting 6k VP, but should be at that quest next week. Glad to hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so in order to get a legendary that will make me super strong in all branches of the game, including PvP, I have to prove that I'm good at all branches of the game, including PvP?! HOW BOUT THAT SHIT?!

Damn Blizzard forcing me to do the PvPs! DERP!!!