Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    kelesti you mad somehow?

sry but you are moderator - how you can post over and over like some "wowfanboy bashing a game" - how bout being constructive and not spam and care about YOUR forumrules?

have a nice day
    I haven't logged into a blizzard account since late april/early may. I find that hard to be a WoW fanboy. I'm calling ArenaNet out on what they say compared to what they do. Any game developer will tell you "what they want to do" over the future. That's because it's cool, it's exciting, it's fun. The problem is not this. The problem is when this becomes the primary method of relaying information to you, not what we are doing, what we want to do.

WarCraft did this for awhile on quite a few things. Polygon updates to models for example. How many years did they tell fans that "It's something we want to do". Apparently now they're kind of pretending to work on it? First example that comes to mind, I'm sure you can think of others. Unfortunately, ANet doesn't have a "Here's what we're doing in the meantime and when you can expect it by". They really don't. The only thing they have is repeating ad nauseum what they want to implement over the course of the existence of the game. No actual facts. No timeline. No...anything.

@Karizee: The eSports community felt ready to jump on and take GW2 from the getgo. There was a lot of excitement built around it, but right from beta there were things that needed to be addressed for that to happen effectively. ArenaNet was made aware of these extensively through beta (probably through Alpha too). Now that it's 5 months in and, well, we're still waiting for some of those features to even start being developed? Add them all in, it won't matter when that ship has sailed to clearer waters. It really truly feels like it missed that opportunity. But I'm no seer, could be completely wrong, just my take on it. And hey, what do I know right?

@woodydave44 Appreciate the backup. Just a headsup though, I identify as female but thanks. Also, ESO, I'm not sure how well that would translate into an MMO. The world and the lore are quite rich, but the entire point of the games is to become near godlike, and well that doesn't work so well in a multiplayer environment. Color me concerned.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I haven't logged into a blizzard account since late april/early may. I find that hard to be a WoW fanboy. I'm calling ArenaNet out on what they say compared to what they do. Any game developer will tell you "what they want to do" over the future. That's because it's cool, it's exciting, it's fun. The problem is not this. The problem is when this becomes the primary method of relaying information to you, not what we are doing, what we want to do.
    ArenaNet cant tell you what they are doing because thats all subject to change meaning broken promises meaning enraged customers. And as far as ive heard they are following through on the systems they said they are working on. Not everything can be done on your or anyone-else's time table. They let you know before release this is our plan for Esports. Now just because that was the plan doesnt mean that it had been executed. It was still a work in progress and theres nothing wrong with that. There is a community that likes esports and they wanted ppl to know that it was something they wanted to do as well. But there are alot of systems that go into that stuff that were not ready in beta or even up till now. They are finally getting closer to executing their plan. Complain once its launched and poorly done, not while its still being put together and you cant see any of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    ArenaNet cant tell you what they are doing because thats all subject to change meaning broken promises meaning enraged customers. And as far as ive heard they are following through on the systems they said they are working on. Not everything can be done on your or anyone-else's time table. They let you know before release this is our plan for Esports. Now just because that was the plan doesnt mean that it had been executed. It was still a work in progress and theres nothing wrong with that. There is a community that likes esports and they wanted ppl to know that it was something they wanted to do as well. But there are alot of systems that go into that stuff that were not ready in beta or even up till now. They are finally getting closer to executing their plan. Complain once its launched and poorly done, not while its still being put together and you cant see any of it.
    Assuming ''enraged costumers'' are an actual threat to arenanet,aren't they already producing those ''enraged costumers'' by being late and unclear about what they're going to do?So your logic disproves itself.

There are mmo's that can be clear and communicative about what they're going to do,and there are mmo's who can't.
    It's fat bullshit to pretend people will get mad if more precise information is given,how can you get mad when all information is given to you,if something is delayed because they have to work on other stuff and they tell you immediately,what is there to get mad about?Instead of waiting patiently and excitedly for a feature just to read a declaration that stuff is on the way,this declaration that has low value in the eyes of the players due to its vagueness?
    Tell me how does one get ''enraged'' more in the first situation?

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    It's fat bullshit to pretend people will get mad if more precise information is given,how can you get mad when all information is given to you,if something is delayed because they have to work on other stuff and they tell you immediately,what is there to get mad about?
    There are people bitching as we speak that server transfers are going to cost gems now, when this has been known since BETA. Just because you give the information doesn't mean everyone is going to be listening, unfortunately. Not disagreeing that ANet should be more precise and communicative, merely saying that even if they were, I'm sure customers would find a way to get mad, regardless.
    Last edited by BlairPhoenix; 2013-01-16 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    He isnt game bashing, he's stating facts. Anet has been saying the same thing over and over for months "we want to do this."

Guesting feature, for example, was supposed to be in at release. It wasnt, and many WvW players quit because of it (free transfers). Priestage path will be a nice addition..... but a little too late now to be honest, as any hardcore Wvw/RvR player has already decided on giving ESO a try.
    She isn't bashing and sure shes stating facts. But sometimes I think the concept of time is forgotten...maybe some logic too.

I was too late and the convo developed too much. But Zeek Daniels really said what I wanted to say.

I'm not defending Anet directly cause they do have numerous flaws including the communication with their customers. But in the end it's only one company, that needs to look out for problems in PR. Too much is bad, too little is bad, just enough is still bad in the many eyes of the beholders.

The fact that the Esport wasn't ready at launch hurts? Yes it does (Altho I believe that the ones that actually are going for it, cause seriously you probably are not one of them, still play). Maybe not as much, fine. But they do (saddly went against Team Legacy again T.T) and I'm pretty sure they do alot more for the "construction" of the game than alot of us here (well duh). Saying that they are repeating themselves is a pretty ridiculous fact used in a statement. The plan was to do it at launch > couldn't make it happen > continue to work on it untill done > It's done.

In between of course, lots of details and problems, but last time I checked there is a difference on we're working on it and simply "we want to do this" and the latter like suggest by many here. And that's why I think as express in another post, that it's very much whiney, and I hoped (and as blair stated, probably unsuccessfully hoped) that the news on Guesting would be upwards, take a look at the thread and realize, it's just never enough.

Personally I follow the logic: New MMO which is always messy (Just the MMO part is messy by itself) > Promises > What has been done. Far far from perfect, but it works and it's realistic. I mean, we are finally getting PvP on diablo 3 right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    There are people bitching as we speak that server transfers are going to cost gems now, when this has been known since BETA. Just because you give the information doesn't everyone is going to be listening, unfortunately. Not disagreeing that ANet should be more precise and communicative, merely saying that even if they were, I'm sure customers would find a way to get mad, regardless.

I'm convinced some people would bitch if ArenaNet sent them a singing telegram.

In fact, I will go so far to say I think some people are paid to bitch ;-)
    Valar morghulis

Never know. What if Arena.net sent you this kind of telegram?

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I'm convinced some people would bitch if ArenaNet sent them a singing telegram.

In fact, I will go so far to say I think some people are paid to bitch ;-)
    "He's off key!"
    "I'm deaf way to be non-inclusive ANet"
    "Why a singing telegram? It's just lame/stupid/childish"
    "ANet should be using their time more constructively instead of doing stupid crap like this, they should be fixing the game!"

Complaints that I could think of, off the top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    "He's off key!"
    "I'm deaf way to be non-inclusive ANet"
    "Why a singing telegram? It's just lame/stupid/childish"
    "ANet should be using their time more constructively instead of doing stupid crap like this, they should be fixing the game!"

Complaints that I could think of, off the top of my head.

I know! Let's play Bitch Bingo!

http://i.imgur.com/owpfR.jpg
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-17 at 12:54 AM.
    Valar morghulis

Alright guys, reign it in.

Complaining about complainers is still complaining.

Boohoo. Tissues located in gem shop.

Stay on topic.

-- Fencers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hardcore play or design doesn't have a lot to do with game imbalance, bugs or game breaking mechanics. Several of the most widely recognized hardcore MMOs were rife with bugs, imbalances and so on. They still are- to this day.
    Will have to politely disagree. Funny that in your next statement you yourself make the distinction between "hardcore" and hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hardcore play or design doesn't have a lot to do with game imbalance, bugs or game breaking mechanics. Several of the most widely recognized hardcore MMOs were rife with bugs, imbalances and so on. They still are- to this day.
    Uh, really, no. No MMO I've ever played has had anywhere near the level of game-breaking imbalances that every Elder Scrolls game has. It has always been totally trivial to break the games to the point where you just one shot everything from stealth or perma stunlock every enemy you meet or whatever because they just expect their players to be RPers who choose not to use the gamebreaking stuff. They don't just not even attempt balance but the games are designed so that a good min/maxed build becomes automatic godmode at some point and most of the fanbase will shout at you for using a min/maxed build.

That legion fizzled out years ago. Most of the market currently are "new MMO" players, post-Warcraft. Those players are in the overwhelming majority, casual play orientated.
    Not really to the point of the ES games where the game basically expects you to "min/max" to the other direction, to make some real effort to build your character so that it never becomes game-breakingly powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I know! Let's play Bitch Bingo!

http://i.imgur.com/owpfR.jpg
    Except the free space still costs 2 silver because nothing in GW2 is free.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I missed it but there is still no word about the broken Conditionsystem...
    I would be glad if they come up with a solution to make conditionbuilts actually worthwile.

like slightly higher damage compared to direct DPS
    changing the 25 bleeding cap
    changing the queue like burning/poision timer so your cond will not be delayed by others
    A form of removalprotection
    change Confusion in PvE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Except the free space still costs 2 silver because nothing in GW2 is free.

CONGRATS! You just earned a Cow Dunk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d73PL_7x5M

Thank you for playing and come again!
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Maybe I missed it but there is still no word about the broken Conditionsystem...
    I would be glad if they come up with a solution to make conditionbuilts actually worthwile.

like slightly higher damage compared to direct DPS
    changing the 25 bleeding cap
    changing the queue like burning/poision timer so your cond will not be delayed by others
    A form of removalprotection
    change Confusion in PvE
    Do you mean that the condition system isn't doing what is intended => broken
    Or do you mean that condition system is working but isn't good?

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Do you mean that the condition system isn't doing what is intended => broken
    Or do you mean that condition system is working but isn't good?
    It's definitely not broken, in fact I'd say it's working exactly as intended.

... But the design intent is terrible and clearly had 0 forethought.

"Hmmm what do we do when 50 players are fighting this dragon and stack 243 bleeds on it?"

"Ehhh just cap it at 25. F**k Necromancers, no one likes them anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    It's definitely not broken, in fact I'd say it's working exactly as intended.

... But the design intent is terrible and clearly had 0 forethought.

"Hmmm what do we do when 50 players are fighting this dragon and stack 243 bleeds on it?"

"Ehhh just cap it at 25. F**k Necromancers, no one likes them anyway."
    If there are 50 players on one event I doubt it matters if bleeds have a cap. The thing will die anyway without you doing anything but spamming attack 1.

Though to fix this any bleeds being applied while there is max stack could just convert into extra raw damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If there are 50 players on one event I doubt it matters if bleeds have a cap. The thing will die anyway without you doing anything but spamming attack 1.
    That's not a strong point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Though to fix this any bleeds being applied while there is max stack could just convert into extra raw damage.
    Terrible idea, the advantage of DoTs is it's more damgae per skill use but not at once ( in most cases) if you then convert this to instant damage suddenly DoTs would be superior to 'normal' instant dmg skills