Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Movies] Most iconic quotes from your favourite movies/movie era

Being a child of the 80's, my most iconic quotes boil down to 2. See if you can guess what movies and franchise they are from

End of Line

The Spice must Flow

What are your most iconic movie quotes?
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Red vs Blue.

"And while the law has many penalties for the atrocities we inflict on others, there are no punishments for the terrors that we inflict on ourselves." - The Director

Deleted
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man."
    - The Dude

(also one of the greatest comebacks in movie history)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Losers always whine about doing their best. Winners go home and f**k the promqueen."

From the movie 'The Rock'

"Luke, I am your father" - It was such a kick to the gut when he said that.

I'm paraphrasing here "Harry it's time for you decide between what is easy and what is right". - Dumbledore I'm not sure why but that quote has stuck with me.

15+ Year Old Account
    "thats what she said"
    wayne's world

"I'll be backh."

Why so serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.-Jim Gordon: The Dark Knight

Anything the Joker/Bane says, Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy.

CIA Agent: At least you can talk! Who are you?
    Bane: It doesn't matter who we are... what matters is our plan. No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
    CIA Agent: [Pulls hood off to reveal Bane] If I pull that off, will you die?
    Bane: It would be extremely painful...
    CIA Agent: You're a big guy.
    Bane: ...for you.

Calm down, Doctor. Now is not the time for fear. . . . That comes later! -Bane

I'm going to make this pencil disappear! TADA! Its gone. -The Joker

Oh, you. You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible, aren't you? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won't kill you because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever. -The Joker
    Putin khuliyo

Arrows cost money. The Irish are free.

"Take that, you winged spawn of Satan!!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Anything the Joker/Bane says, Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy.
    Joker: Do I really look like a man with a plan?
    Joker: I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught one.

Roland Daggett: I paid you a small fortune...
    Bane: And you think this gives you power over me?

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Arrows cost money. The Irish are free.
    Didn't I tell ya before? It's my island

Aside from John McLane's epic yippie ki-yay blast, the best line from Die Hard "Gonna need some more FBI guys I guess" after watching Hans Gruber's men blow up the FBI helicopter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hephij View Post
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man."
    - The Dude

(also one of the greatest comebacks in movie history)
    the dude has so many amazing lines I find out the other day my friend hasn't seen The Big Lebowski, so of course I sat her ass down and MADE her watch it, it's now her favourite film

Ezekial 25:17

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
    Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
    And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

the single greatest monologue in cinematic history, from one of the best films ever Pulp Fiction.

VERY close second, from the CRIMINALLY unknown In Bruges:

Eirik: I was trying to rob him. And he took my gun from me. And the gun was full of blanks. And he shot a blank into my eye. And now I cannot see from this eye ever again, the doctors say.
    Harry: Well to be honest it sounds like it's all your fault.
    Eirik: What?
    Harry: I mean basically if you're robbing a man and you're only carrying blanks and you allow your gun to be taken off you and you allow yourself to be shot in the eye with a blank which I assume that the person has to get quite close to you then, yeah really it's all your fault for being such a poof, so why don't you stop wingeing and cheer the fuck up.
    *Eirek starts to stand up*
    Yuri: Eirek - I really wouldn't respond.
    Eirik: I thought you wanted the guy dead?
    Harry: I do want the guy dead, I want him fucking crucified but it don't change the fact that he stitched you up like a blind little gay boy, does it?

Ralph Fiennes is just... Legendary, he can deliver ANY line and make it sound amazing.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

"What does God need with a starship?"

Agent Smith's monologue which includes "Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure." has always stuck with me. Mostly for a very silly reason, though: My dad's a bald black man whose head sweats when he eats, and my sister and I used to love teasing him by imitating the interrogation scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "What does God need with a starship?"

Agent Smith's monologue which includes "Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure." has always stuck with me. Mostly for a very silly reason, though: My dad's a bald black man whose head sweats when he eats, and my sister and I used to love teasing him by imitating the interrogation scene.
    I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.

Hugo Weaving is boss.
    Putin khuliyo

Klaatu barada nikto!

May the Force be with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    "My heart is as great and vast as all of Siberia!"
    "Does that mean its ice cold as well?"