10+ Year Old Account

[Holy] Cast Time Added to Blinding Light

In the most recent 5.2 PTR, a cast time of 1.8 seconds was added to Blinding Light solely for Holy, as it apparently was too easy for us to produce long CC chains.

What are your thoughts on this nerf: will it impact your usage of the spell, and how does Glyph of Blinding Light (changes Blinding Light to a 3 sec. knockdown instead of a disorient) compare with the default usage now?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blinding Light has a 1.8 sec cast for Holy only. We think Holy's CC chains are too strong at the moment, but we don't think Ret or Prot need the nerf.
    Personally, I can see where they are coming from. And if I still want to put people through our Hammer-BL-Repent chain, all this changes is leading off with Hammer of Justice IMO. I don't think this nerf will have any impact on our ability to pull off "strong" CC chains.
    Last edited by kleinlax21; 2013-01-15 at 04:24 PM.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

All I can honestly say to this is ... Really? You realize chain CC is a problem that's making pvp just plain infuriating in a lot of cases and the first spec you go after is holy? I'm going to go put on my shocked disbelief face and sit in my confusion corner for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    All I can honestly say to this is ... Really? You realize chain CC is a problem that's making pvp just plain infuriating in a lot of cases and the first spec you go after is holy? I'm going to go put on my shocked disbelief face and sit in my confusion corner for a while.
    Your post reminds me of the E-Trade baby commercial where he does that.

In all seriousness, I can't help but agree with you. At least they hit Feral Cyclone and Blood Fear as well though..
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah? They hit a bunch of other CC's and Holy can do some pretty nasty CC chaining, as there is little DR involved. After a CC chain you can also kick the other healer, done correctly an opponent can't cast spells for quite a while, especially if you are blood elf.

This is the wrong way to nerf it. Blinding Light will now be used excusively offensively, just opening the paladin up to another interupt (that most likely won't happen, as those who allowed a paladin to do repent>HoJ>BL>repent already weren't taking steps to stop the paladin. All you have to do is switch to the paladin), and BL will never be able to be used defensively optimally. Consider a time when two melee are on the paladin. Will the paladin try to cast a BL? He'll have to juke a kick. If he did that, he might as well spend that time trying to juke a kick for FoL.

I made a post on the official forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7591982092 , and it reads:

"Since the proposed cast time on Blinding Light isn't going to serve it's intended purpose in most situations, i.e. teams that allowed a paladin to do this 4 spell cc train without any interruption will still let it happen, and it'll only stop a very small percentage of occurrences, and cause Blinding Light to be worthless to try to juke cast on melee for a defensive CC (Seriously, I'd rather juke cast a heal), I propose a different method:

Make casting Repentance put Blinding Light on a 20 second cooldown, and vica-versa. Of course, casting Blinding Light will put itself on it's intended 2 min cooldown, but it will also put repentance on a 20 sec cooldown. This will in effect distrupt the strong "holy" cc chain (any paladin spec can do it) as the solo cc'er, but will keep it's effectiveness when used in combination with another player's cc's, which blizzard encourages in it's competitive play, or allow it to be used defensively."

feel free to go to it and post on it, perhaps blues might actually pick this up, or maybe you have your own input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah? They hit a bunch of other CC's and Holy can do some pretty nasty CC chaining, as there is little DR involved. After a CC chain you can also kick the other healer, done correctly an opponent can't cast spells for quite a while, especially if you are blood elf.
    It's a fair point, although being a human I don't have the blood elf silence to work with. I haven't done any PTR playing for 5.2 yet, so there are definitely changes I'm not aware of. I'm mostly a little confused because it seems like there are bigger fish out there than holy pallies in terms of pvp balance. To be taken with a grain of salt I guess, since I'm primarily a 2v2 player and that isn't blizzards first target for balancing pvp.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a fair point, although being a human I don't have the blood elf silence to work with. I haven't done any PTR playing for 5.2 yet, so there are definitely changes I'm not aware of. I'm mostly a little confused because it seems like there are bigger fish out there than holy pallies in terms of pvp balance. To be taken with a grain of salt I guess, since I'm primarily a 2v2 player and that isn't blizzards first target for balancing pvp.
    They are hitting Resto druids with the Cyclone DR nerf, Blood Fear is getting a total rework, a lot of instant CC is getting hit, mainly.

Its only a cast time for holy. Not really a big deal. Maybe they can put it on the holy shock crit haste buff.

Eh, I think they should really just put every form of CC on the same category (or maybe reduce it to two categories instead of what - eight?), make you CCable twice instead of three times and extend the duration of CC immunity. Also, why the hell have they still not given an explicit, visible, stacking debuff in game so you can easily track people's DR status without addons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    This is the wrong way to nerf it. Blinding Light will now be used excusively offensively, just opening the paladin up to another interupt (that most likely won't happen, as those who allowed a paladin to do repent>HoJ>BL>repent already weren't taking steps to stop the paladin. All you have to do is switch to the paladin), and BL will never be able to be used defensively optimally. Consider a time when two melee are on the paladin. Will the paladin try to cast a BL? He'll have to juke a kick. If he did that, he might as well spend that time trying to juke a kick for FoL.
    I use BL offensively 4/5 times anyway. If I feel I need to use it defensively I tend to use one of my other options first. It's a fair nerf cause CC in this game is effing rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dak79 View Post
    I use BL offensively 4/5 times anyway. If I feel I need to use it defensively I tend to use one of my other options first. It's a fair nerf cause CC in this game is effing rediculous.
    And, can you not see how the rest of my post(s) point out a good way to actually STOP this ridiculous cc chain and not at all hinder it's defensive use? I'm not asking/hoping that it won't be changed, I just want a different one.
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI