WHY ME!? Video card help, please!

Alright guys well the good news is this is the first time posting here on my new computer I just finished building (first time, yayyyy!). The bad news is I am STRESSING my video card!! The first one I got I had to return because the HDMI port was not working. This one seems fine HOWEVER unlike the first one I am unable to completely insert the PCI express power cables. Its a gigabyte gtx 670 and it has one six pin and one eight pin. The six pin inserts all the way until it is flush. The eight pin, however (which inserted all the way on my first one btw) inserts until about 1.5 millimeters before complete insertion. I tried about 10 times out and in again and braced the back of the card with my middle finger as I pushed and applied the limit of the pressure I felt comfortable with. During the final push as it slides in it felt as if the pins were making contact so that's why I decided to go ahead and give it a try (appears to be working fans are spinning and I am using it right now) but it still is not all the way in despite the enormous amount of pressure I applied (the six pin and the eight pin on the first card both slid all the way in on the first card with the same ease as the six pin did here) and the latch on the power cord is unable to hook on the connector because it's not in all the way. Is this something I should worry about? If it wasn't getting the power from all the pins it wouldn't even work, right? Do I have to worry about it falling out some time, and if one of the pins disconnects will that, like, fry the card? I mean I could live with it and if a problem arose RMA it if I had to I suppose but how uncommon is this problem? I'm also afraid that if I go to sell it in the future to upgrade if this will give me a problem.

Thanks for the input guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    RMA it now and get a good card. Why put up with a half-assed card until it breaks? You paid for it, make sure it's right
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Did you check the socket on the GPU to see if there was any obstructions like a bit of packaging or the likes? Sounds to me like there is something in there that should not be.

Thanks for the input, guys...

Great news! After rocking the cable back and forth a little bit I was able to get it all the way in. I noticed the connections on the gpu were really secure. I didn't want to do this initially because while installing the case's usb 3.0 connections onto the motherboard header (my mb and case have the new standard 3.0 connection with the large solid cable that connects two 3.0 ports) I had some difficulty and began to rock the cable back and forth; I got it in and it still works but I almost snapped the header off the motherboard. So I learned not to rock connections but apply direct force however rocking here I was able to connect the power all the way into the gpu with about 50% of the force I applied while trying to plug it straight in and failing every time.

I'm glad I got it though really wanted to play some games after work tonight not have another headache!

15+ Year Old Account
    yep, sometimes the pins inside the connectors don't align properly and a little rocking is needed to seat them all into alignment. glad to hear it worked
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right