Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Patch 1.7 announced.

So they have posted the details of 1.7 and i am rather looking forward to it, link _ http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates
    Whats everyones thoughts?

Deleted
    Very promising imo. It sure looks like a more interesting event than the Gree one from august. Actually looking forward to this. Nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooo, neat, faction rep! At first when I came to this game I was super excited that there were NO factions to grind out. I wonder what the rewards will be besides a title? I know WoW had it so you could purchase BIS items, depending on what faction it was. I'm guessing this is the "event" in Ilum that the dev's have been hinting at for weeks.

Nice to see the rep may be legacy wide. Now if they can do that with datacrons.......
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A promising, albeit relatively small amount of content.

We should have seen these 'events' coming, since there is a special unlock just for gear from them. How foolish to think it would only apply to cosmetic items, now there will be epics tied to events that are probably as good/better than intro raid gear. As far as the feature, that's awesome. Awfully cheap and lame on the business standpoint with the restrictions/unlocks. Definitely trying to gouge every penny they can.

Reputation is a nice start to providing a purpose to repeating the small amount of content SWTOR has. Making it Legacy wide is amazing for the player, but it also demands that they add more content over time than if it was per character. I hope they can satisfy that end of the deal to make it awesome.

Deleted
    Oh no, reputation farming again... That's what I don't like in WoW. I was hoping that idea won't be implemented into SWTOR...

Although depending how you earn rep and how much is required to reach max level rep and what you get for the rep farming I might be content with it. One positive thing I do see is that it's legacy wide. Oh, I hated so much that for every alt you have you to farm again the rep just to get the items you wanted...

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance someone could post the patch notes to this forum. I'm at work and swtor.com is a blocked site here.

Glad it's going to be free. I was worried after the Makeb thing that every content patch would be a nickel-and-dime affair, but this goes toward putting those fears at rest.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    Any chance someone could post the patch notes to this forum. I'm at work and swtor.com is a blocked site here.
    There aren't any real patch notes for it yet since they haven't put it on the PTS yet. When they do those will be posted. All the info they have so far is:
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    GET READY TO HELP THE GREE - YOUR PROWESS WILL BE GREATLY REWARDED!

Adventure with other Level 50 players or journey alone to assist the Gree in their continual pursuit of information. Those who are brave enough to help the Gree will be rewarded for their service.

Events are available to Free-to-Play Players and Subscribers at no additional cost. Visit the Free-to-Play Features Chart for more information.

Visit the Cartel Market and find items to add to your arsenal. Need Cartel Coins? Buy Now.
    NEW RECURRING EVENT: RELICS OF THE GREE
    • Explore Ilum's contested area in the Western Ice Shelf to uncover the mysterious purpose of the Gray Secant, an enormous ancient Gree starship.
    • Get ready to face a powerful opponent that awaits you at the center of this ancient vessel.
    • Earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly-advanced weapon and armor!
    • Look for opportunities to join this recurring event throughout the rest of the year. More details to come!

NEW SYSTEM: GALACTIC REPUTATION
    • Check out an all new exciting way to level up your character.
    • Advance through six ranks of increasing prestige: “Outsider”, "Newcomer", "Friend", "Hero", "Champion", and "Legend".
    • Earn Reputation Points by completing missions for allies such as the Gree and the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire.
    • Galactic Reputation is tied to your character’s Legacy, so enjoy earned Reputation Points and ranks across all characters in your Legacy!

That's it so far. There some pics too, but no more info.

Deleted
    I am far to exited for some ilum pvp again, also 'Earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly-advanced weapon and armor!' I just want nice shells for my sorc >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Arlee!!!

Deleted
    Sounds great. I actually like reputation farming as I hopefully can log in, do stuff for half an hour and advance my char a bit. But while I will be in full WH or better on my main by the day 1.7 is out, I hope Ilum doesn't result in mindless ganking of recruit/pve geared people.

So, there's a daily area in Ilum to try and reinvigorate world PvP, and a global reputation faction that does... well I honestly have no clue what it does. Is it just a title system?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    So, there's a daily area in Ilum to try and reinvigorate world PvP, and a global reputation faction that does... well I honestly have no clue what it does. Is it just a title system?
    *DETAILS TO COME SOON* You know, the disclaimer on everything they do that still hasn't become a reality yet. I'm sure it will be implemented as a half assed feature that will get some pach love in a few months. Who knows?

I don't think they would provide too many rewards, since then they can't charge for those items on the cash shop. So I'm very curious to see where they go with this. Maybe just a few mount and pet reskins that have other variations on the Cartel Market.

That's pretty much what I am wondering. It seems like they are saying indirectly that they expect PvP to happen... but idk. I thought they recently had indicated that they had given up on World PvP on Ilum? The title system could just be related to how much you do during the event though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That's pretty much what I am wondering. It seems like they are saying indirectly that they expect PvP to happen... but idk. I thought they recently had indicated that they had given up on World PvP on Ilum? The title system could just be related to how much you do during the event though.
    Here's the thing with the daily area on Ilum. Unless there is a reward for actually engaging in PvP, people will do what they did in Ilum 1.0 and avoid it in favor of completing the PvE objectives. So it's entirely pointless unless they can incentivize it, and I'm skeptical of their ability to do so.

They haven't given up on world PvP on Ilum, in fact I remember them talking about it more than a few times in generic terms, but they did say that additional world PvP isn't on the table right now.

As for the title system...I really don't see how it's a feature that's exciting or even really productive. Grats, you now get titles based on how many daily quests you've done? Does it even do anything? I mean, it's nice and all, but it's far from a feature that you would fit prominently into the marketing for the patch...

Yea I really just don't know. Honestly at this point I am keeping my hopes and expectations low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea I really just don't know. Honestly at this point I am keeping my hopes and expectations low.
    To be fair they did mention: "enjoy earned Reputation Points and ranks across all characters in your Legacy" which leads me to believe that it will either be another tree system like legacy, an enhancement to legacy, or a currency system to get gear and QoL things.

I mean the possibilities are endless, but that doesn't mean it's going to be awesome when we see it. I do feel like it has a little more depth than first glance, but there's a high chance they haven't even ironed that out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    To be fair they did mention: "enjoy earned Reputation Points and ranks across all characters in your Legacy" which leads me to believe that it will either be another tree system like legacy, an enhancement to legacy, or a currency system to get gear and QoL things.
    It's a possibility, but from what they've written it just seems that you'll get the titles from how they've worded it. Reputation points seem to be the requisite thing to grind for the titles, and the only thing they seem to reward is the titles. I'm hoping they're just being cautious and it will include more though. We'll see.

Hmmm seems big, just not aimed at me... Will have to wait and see what else is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a possibility, but from what they've written it just seems that you'll get the titles from how they've worded it. Reputation points seem to be the requisite thing to grind for the titles, and the only thing they seem to reward is the titles. I'm hoping they're just being cautious and it will include more though. We'll see.
    I actually don't see anywhere that they even mention titles. They said progress through 'ranks of increasing prestige" and then listed what those ranks are. So I'm not sure how you have that impression.