10+ Year Old Account

Impending Victory idea for QoL

i play a 90 ret, 90 dk, and 90 warrior. all have pros and cons to each, but the largest is the warriors survivability in groups. not dungeon/raid groups, but i noticed while grouping up for random world events and such they are too reliant on other players for offheals. not everyone uses grid, or is a good player to know to throw some offheals. my ret can just wog myself out of danger, the dk death strike. the warrior? sit in second wind and hope it does the trick or one 10 (15% soon enough) heal every 30 seconds.

why not remove the cooldown on impending victory and give it a resource cost to trade damage for some survivability? give it a 50-60 rage cost for a 10-15% self heal. its a decent chunk, removes the offensive ability for a few seconds at least and if you choose to spam two consecutive, its a decent self heal, however you just lost most of your pressure/offense.

seems fair and would increase the QoL for things out in the world/dungeons/lfr/raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that idea would make this skill usefull. So blizzard wont do that.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Brilliant idea, but in addition they need to make IV heal for 100% more dmg and free cost after killing someone with exp/honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, if I wanted to do that, I'd just roll a Blood DK.

Secondly, the rage cost you mentioned (50-60) should be looked at with Shield Barrier. In most cases, even Blizz admits that Shield Barrier is very good. At a full stack of Vengeance, and burning 60 rage, my Shield Barrier seems to do about 15% of my max health in absorbs. What you're proposing would not only replace the absorb with a heal (which could be considered even better than absorb), but would not require Vengeance to have this full effect.

Warrior self-healing is about the bottom of the heap, I will agree with you there. But I think your original idea is overcompensating, and would be PvP nerfed immediately. Also making a single talent too good is exactly what Blizz is trying to avoid. How about a tamer version that isn't talent-specific, like "when you become enraged, you have an X% change to get a stack of Victory Rush"? Maybe with an internal cooldown to keep it from being extreme. VR has no rage cost, and would not greatly hinder the warrior's rotation the way a 60-point rage dump would.

Deleted
    lol don't touch my ~1% dps skill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zcorn View Post
    lol don't touch my ~1% dps skill
    Pretty sure using IV instead of the normal rotation/fillers is a dps loss ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Pretty sure using IV instead of the normal rotation/fillers is a dps loss ? :P
    No.
    We are not gcd capped so you don't use IV instead of a filler, you use IV instead of nothing. (Well, it has still a rage cost, so you have to compare its DPR with the DPR of WS.)

PVE (Fury): If you want to increase your dps, IV. If you want the best survavibility, ER.
    PVE (Prot): ER.
    PVP: SW.

(Yeah, I know, it is not a perfect rule, like on Ta'yak you want to spec for Second Wind.)

How is IV a dps increase? you lose 60 rage in the process of using that spell.

If your talking live IV, i guess it is a dps increase.

I was answering to santa666 who replied to zcorn who obviously talk about live IV.
    Anyway, I don't like OP's proposition. I would like to have more self heal but it's also what it means to play a warrior, you have very few active heal.
    I just need some self heal for solo purpose but current talents are very good for this (and 2p prot T15 will be perfect.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    No.
    We are not gcd capped so you don't use IV instead of a filler, you use IV instead of nothing. (Well, it has still a rage cost, so you have to compare its DPR with the DPR of WS.)
    I just went with what rusty posted in the fury guide :P
    Quote:
    "There shouldn't be very many, if any gaps in your rotation, so taking Impending Victory will result in loss of a CD if you decide not to waste a global on it, and loss of DPS if you do decide to fill a global with it. "

maybe it changed, but it should be less gaps now then start of expo ?
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-01-17 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote:
    "There shouldn't be very many, if any gaps in your rotation, so taking Impending Victory will result in loss of a CD if you decide not to waste a global on it, and loss of DPS if you do decide to fill a global with it. "

Near BiS myself and there are quite many gaps in my "rotation" that should be handled with battle shout, heroic throw or impending victory.
    All those three are better than a unprocced wild strike unless it's inside a CS-window for some reason but that hopefully shouldn't be.

Quote:

I ddin't read this guide, so don't know what it says.
    But, not only Fury's cycle is not gcd-capped but you shouldn't aim for it. If you're not-enraged not-cs you shouldn't do anything else than BT if you have correctly handled your rage. Even while enraged not-cs, you should use WS only to dump your rage and prevent you to cap (except for a Bloodsurge proc, obv).