For all you pet pokemoners out there.

I recently started playing with the battle pets. It didn't take me long to realize that blizzard pet store pets are extremely overpowered, unfairly overpowered i'd say even. Does anyone else share these sentiments?

They aren't really more powerful than any other blue, but they generally have some good moves to make them worth buying for pet battlers. But i've seen some that were just as strong come from drops and battles, you just have to work for them a bit instead of buying.

So yeah, they are powerful because they have good moves, but you can find the same power in game with some work/luck

Quote Originally Posted by vgfreak2008 View Post
    They aren't really more powerful than any other blue, but they generally have some good moves to make them worth buying for pet battlers. But i've seen some that were just as strong come from drops and battles, you just have to work for them a bit instead of buying.

So yeah, they are powerful because they have good moves, but you can find the same power in game with some work/luck
    Hmm really? Cause i've farmed all the new old raid pets and they're all blue quality. None of em came off as strong at level 6-8 range.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    I recently started playing with the battle pets. It didn't take me long to realize that blizzard pet store pets are extremely overpowered, unfairly overpowered i'd say even. Does anyone else share these sentiments?

I have 2-4 pets at 25 now. Only 1 of them being a pet store pet. I don't feel they are any stronger than a normal pet.

There are just as many *OP* pets out there that are caught in the wild or various other places vendors etc, the store ones aren't really all that special at all. I own, but don't use any of them in my battles. Prefering certain other pets instead. My onyxian whelpling for example is one of my go to pets for almost everything, fluxfire feline is another that can be devastating (and just got slightly nerfed recently).

( My basic team for example for the thundering spirit tamer in pandaria is : Silkbead Snail Level 25 uncommon - Plains Monitor Level 25 Rare - Onyxian Whelpling Level 25 Rare)
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-01-15 at 06:08 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    You want something that is truly OP? Then feck the Blizzard Store Pets, it's a myth really. No, get the Fluxfire Feline, a slime thing and a frog.... That's all you need.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I don't think they are, but would understand if they were.

Lil' Deathwing should logically be stronger than that fawn you caught in Elwynn Forest.

Deleted
    Hmm really? Cause i've farmed all the new old raid pets and they're all blue quality. None of em came off as strong at level 6-8 range.
    Let's take, for example, Corefire Imp. Damage-based heal, a DoT that works even if this pet is not active, plus the humanoid self-heal (works even if inactive). I levelled this pet through pvp battles in no time and still enjoy it. It's quite good against mechanicals (Lil'XT, if you take store pets).

Lil'KT can do nothing against Rabbits. Just grab a blue-quality rabbit and enjoy the show. Rabbits become quite powerful when they can get Flurry+Dodge+Burrow skills. Then again, any frog/toad is a hard counter to most undeads.

By the same reasoning, rabbits are quite good against Lil'Ragnaros. Moths usually have access to their cocoon strike quite early.

Given any store pet, it's easy to build a team which will obliterate them. And this team will have nothing but most common wild pets.

Deleted
    FFF owns all, store pet are mostly inferior actually, there's always a better wild pet equivalent of them. The only part store pets dominate in is the undead pet category, there's almost no wild versions in that category.

Out of my main (only) 3 pets, my Cinder Kitten (store) dies (on average) more than my Sulfuron Harbringer (raid), who dies more than my Panther cub (quest) so i'm fairly sure they're all pretty equal
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

^_^ Ahh, well that's good to know. I stopped playing when I was getting one-two shot by pet store pets. I'll look into other pets some more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knough View Post
    Out of my main (only) 3 pets, my Cinder Kitten (store) dies (on average) more than my Sulfuron Harbringer (raid), who dies more than my Panther cub (quest) so i'm fairly sure they're all pretty equal
    Could it be that Cinder is Elemental and you often fight pets that are strong against Elementals?

Id have to say it truly depends on how your team matches with there team, but if you have a team of wild grays vs store blues even with a favorable combo you would still struggle. Very few of what i consider to be my top pets are store bought, the archeology gnome is one of my favorite pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. So far my Idol from AQ40 is far more powerful than any of my pet store pets. I've been using him since.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^_^ Ahh, well that's good to know. I stopped playing when I was getting one-two shot by pet store pets. I'll look into other pets some more
    Only time I come close to 1-2 shooting anything is they are weak vs what type I have.(lil'XT)

Deleted
    People tend to instantly forfeit the match when they see my FFF, unless they have one too.

Deleted
    I've been leveling multiple pets to 25 every day by soloing the water pandaren with Anubisath... Store pets are not special.