Poll: Do you use addon to heal ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    you said that you cant see how decent healer would be doing without it, i, personally dont use it, and my number are pretty neat but i dont want to prove myself here, but i had some pretty good comment in raid about my healing numbers (always top in healing done and the lowest in overhealing)

Hmm... Well, maybe it's just because I raid hard modes (Not trying to be elitist here) but I have a hard time seeing how someone that clicks every individual frame and presses their buttons afterwards can play to their potential. In that short little window of opportunity that it takes to click the players, someone else can beat you to the punch and heal that person first but if you don't mind that. I guess there's nothing wrong with it. That kind of playstyle for casual playing is probably okay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Nope.

I use the default UI and that is it...

No Vudho, Healbot etc and so on...funny too see how healers CRUMBLE without it "I CANT HEAL WITHOUT MY HEALBOT MAN"

So when patch day comes, It is like nothing changed for me.
    Haha same here, as a Resto Shaman i always get a laugh out of the Priest and Pala I raid with when a patch hits and they can't play anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    Hmm... Well, maybe it's just because I raid hard modes (Not trying to be elitist here) but I have a hard time seeing how someone that clicks every individual frame and presses their buttons afterwards can play to their potential. In that short little window of opportunity that it takes to click the players, someone else can beat you to the punch and heal that person first but if you don't mind that. I guess there's nothing wrong with it. That kind of playstyle for casual playing is probably okay
    i love my razer naga ..... hehe using wow frame with my raser, and my totem on keyboard pretty effective tbh
    i click heal, target the other player to heal while casting it = win/win

Vuhdo, weakauras, and gnosis, cant stand the default raid frames. Lots of mouseover macro's.

Deleted
    Any experienced 'frame clicker' can heal just as fast. It's the same, except that you don't use macro's for it. I also move forwards or sideways with WASD, instead of turning >.< i hate having A/D turn my char, that's what i have my mouse for

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I'm clear on what addons you're talking about.

I heal with a basic Grid addon, and Decursive. No mouseover healing. I have tried, and despised, every single healing addon that dealt with mouseover healing.

I used to heal with Blizzard raid frame but I changed to Grid because it looked smoother and I could change it to look how I wanted it to look. I can definitely heal without the addons I have just fine, although it makes me extremely anxious. When 5.1 hit, all chi tracking addons broke for a day and I didn't realize it until I was already in LFR on my mistweaver. Still managed to top the meters by counting the number of chi I would have available from the spells I was using and then using the chi. Not a preferred method, though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I use standard blizzard frames and nothing more. I heal, dispel, and use cooldowns by clicking on frames and using keybinds.
    This. I see no reason for any addons.

Addons = easier to heal = boring.

I tried once to use on my resto druid during WotLK, to never use it again. It turned healing boring and nothing challenging.

i hate just clicking while healing. i dont know how anyone can enjoy playing wow like that. i dont care if it improves your performance by a little, which I think is bs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted No as I don't use any real "healing" addons such as decursive/healbot, but I do use shadowed unitframes for my raid frames and party frames and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I'm not sure I'm clear on what addons you're talking about.

I heal with a basic Grid addon, and Decursive. No mouseover healing. I have tried, and despised, every single healing addon that dealt with mouseover healing.

I used to heal with Blizzard raid frame but I changed to Grid because it looked smoother and I could change it to look how I wanted it to look. I can definitely heal without the addons I have just fine, although it makes me extremely anxious. When 5.1 hit, all chi tracking addons broke for a day and I didn't realize it until I was already in LFR on my mistweaver. Still managed to top the meters by counting the number of chi I would have available from the spells I was using and then using the chi. Not a preferred method, though. :P
    when i talk about addon is: healing addon, the one that will replace your wow ui and playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    I voted No as I don't use any real "healing" addons such as decursive/healbot, but I do use shadowed unitframes for my raid frames and party frames and such.
    thats a good example of a no !

Hmm well maybe it's just the raider in me that would like to see world of log numbers from a healer that actually clicks like that O_o and perhaps compare them to other healers

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use addons to heal. The only addon I need to say I use is Decursive. But that's it. *Shrugs* I'm just simply that awesome I manage to top meters even though I got nothing else than gear'n skill to help me to the top~

Standard Blizz frames and clique and a few key binds. No fuss no muss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Any experienced 'frame clicker' can heal just as fast. It's the same, except that you don't use macro's for it. I also move forwards or sideways with WASD, instead of turning >.< i hate having A/D turn my char, that's what i have my mouse for
    exactly ! Anyone can do anything with a base amount of pratice !

10+ Year Old Account
    vuhdo was always my bread and butter.

Deleted
    I can't heal with or without addons. I only have a resto offspec because enhancement is melee crap anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to heal entirely without addons whatsoever. I think I started using them with ZA during TBC.
    Recently I noticed that I have to make some change. I realized how dependent I got to Healbot. I have it always disabled unless I am in heal spec, and managed to queue for a couple quick runs lately, forgetting to enable it before hand. And since it apparently became a habit nowadays for some tanks not waiting for their group to either be there already, or getting prepared, I ended up being in combat the moment I enter the dungeon. Which makes it impossible for Healbot to come up properly.
    I found myself to become nervous about where my spells actually are and what not. Like I never healed without any help before. That has to change. And I am just too lazy all the time, to go ahead and make the adjustments to use the in-game raid frames.
    I always cheer when Blizz integrates functions that make me able to ditch addons for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    I don't use addons to heal. The only addon I need to say I use is Decursive. But that's it. *Shrugs* I'm just simply that awesome I manage to top meters even though I got nothing else than gear'n skill to help me to the top~
    i can understand how rewarding it is indeed !

15+ Year Old Account
    O_o.. how so?
    I don't use mouseover macros and you can ask my guild members if they think I'm a good healer or not. All you really need are the right spells bound to the right keys and you're good to go.

A mouse with lots of buttons is great for this. I use a Naga.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present