Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naturalist (New) Increases all healing you deal by 10%. Druid - Restoration Spec.

And there's your answer.
    I blog about Resto Druid stuff at WTS Heals.

What the f is that? lol pretty straightforward.

Deleted
    So... 10% more overhealing

:/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well played Blizzard, Well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Damn it! I finally put the druid on the shelf to only focus on 1 character and they go ahead and buff it :/

Deleted
    Hots are obselute in heroic raiding, 10 % won't chance that.

Deleted
    Hi guys just a little though I dunno if it already exists for resto ain't really heals much on me druid but what if over healing from dots put like a life seed on the target that did a burst heal for the amount overhealed by hots on next attk or something. It's not an absorb but seems like it fits with druid style of healing

Again sorry for stating this if it already exists kinda getting back into druid again. Hope this was constructive
    Wikidsik

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    The only problem of druids is that paladins and priests have absorbs and to absorb damage means that you are always the first healing the target and not doing over healing.

As i said in an official post on the wow forums the healing provided by the mushrooms could be over healing as well.

All druids need is an absorption, let the extra healing from mushrooms generate an absorption effect and we are perfect.
    OR change our mastery to: x% of your overhealing will be converted into a living seed effect that will heal the target the next time it is damaged.

Tadaaaaaaaaaaa!! the druid is fixed and everyone is happy
    yes!!

expand living seed to work with most or all spells. leave mushrooms as they are, don't buff them, they're a horrible mechanic.

i don't want absorbs. i can play my priest or pally if i did.

Oh look another pve change that will ruin pvp, nothing new here, because you know druids are totally not the best pvp healers atm.

Good news, got all the healers at 90s but i don't really enjoy them. Just the druid.

Btw, isn't the massive disc priest nerf going to help r. druid healing as well? As it stands now, Disc Priests gonna absorb a ton less damage (no more guaranteed DA from PoH and quite nerfed Shell aswell).
    Considering its very likley to see H.Pallies absorbs tuned down as well, there's going to be a lot more reactionary healing in 5.2.

What do you think?

Deleted
    10% more healing isnt going to make any difference, we're still going to lack burst AOE ...... 10% more healing just means 10% more over healing.

We'll have to see how the mushrooms play out i guess

Deleted
    [QUOTE=fyl;19842101]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Slightly lagging behind does not mean "bad". Resto Druids do well if played correctly, but "theoretical max" is below others. Resto Druids still bring Tranq, which is a potent healing CD.

lol, resto druids dont do well, even played 100% correct we still fall behind, its all over the forums and blogs with complains about it, we lack some things, a nice burst aoe heal is one of them. So the slightly increase across the board is a welcome change.

Look at the data from last month.

and since when was healing about raw output numbers? i see resto druids being in allmost every single heroic progress guilds for raid utility. its not like omg omg these priests can theoretically pull 20k more hps..... healing is just not about that

Deleted
    [QUOTE=vamonos;19869969]
    Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post

and since when was healing about raw output numbers? i see resto druids being in allmost every single heroic progress guilds for raid utility. its not like omg omg these priests can theoretically pull 20k more hps..... healing is just not about that
    thing is, what kinda raid utility do we rly have compared to others? a priest has a raid dmg reduc cd, a 40% single cd, an OP spirit shell that destroys most boss encounters, way better single and AOE healing, they can do shit tons of DPS while bein able to still heal.

Obv a priest is a bad example, as its quite frankly overpowered.... but even so, compare a druid to a pala/shaman and they will lack.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Oh look another pve change that will ruin pvp, nothing new here, because you know druids are totally not the best pvp healers atm.
    Because you know, This game has and always will be focused on PvP first and foremost over PvE....

wait...

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Deathruler11;19870036]
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post

thing is, what kinda raid utility do we rly have compared to others? a priest has a raid dmg reduc cd, a 40% single cd, an OP spirit shell that destroys most boss encounters, way better single and AOE healing, they can do shit tons of DPS while bein able to still heal.

Obv a priest is a bad example, as its quite frankly overpowered.... but even so, compare a druid to a pala/shaman and they will lack.
    tranq, tree of life,iron bark,natures vigil,stampeding roar,typhoon(usefull knock back on some fights like hc feng),lets not forget one of the most important ones a combat ress,symbiosis, and a few more personal cds and cc's that about summ it up?

Deleted
    pvp buff (and pretty much needed). problem with resto druids in pve isn't lack of healing, is paladins and disc priests absorbing too much damage.

[QUOTE=Deathruler11;19870036]
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post

Aside from Tranquility, Stampeding Roar, Ironbark -- and, oh, battle rez? -- there are fights where using your symbiosis correctly benefits the raid. That's not utility?

Deterrence to break ice traps on Stone Guard and to soak sparks on Heroic Will. Spiritwalker's Grace for a moving Tranquility on Lei Shi or Ta'yak, or any fight where your raid's strat has you moving at a critical time. Ice Block to negate Amber Shaper's debuff, Garalon's Crush while kiting, Feng's Arcane Resonance, or pinning arrows on Spirit Kings. Having an immunity to save healing or DPS from having to break you out of something is always an asset to the raid. Immunities and CDs aren't unique of course, but they add to our versatility - especially if you raid 10's, and your guild doesn't have infinite class comp choices to swap in and out on every fight.

We bring great CC for heroic Will adds, and Mass Entanglement has saved my ass from heroic Lei Shi's adds several times. We have great mobility, can give the whole raid a sprint, and can heal well on the move - I've saved lives several times from being able to top people off quickly if they get clipped with Attenuation on heroic Zor'lok.

Absorbs aren't the end all, be-all winner all the time, either. Anything with ticking damage like heroic Will or Garalon will eat those shields off and your HoTs will help keep the raid leveled off. Absorbs don't mean jack when healing Tsulong during day phase, so I'll be happy with the buff there. A blanket 10% buff is kind of lazy, yes, but it's not going to straight overheal on every fight.

We're still not perfect -- for the love of god, PLEASE let us put mushrooms on players instead of planting them! -- but saying that we have no raid utility to bring besides healing is just silly.

Deleted
    ok i dont know how these started but ever since i posted with quote theres allways the wrong person as "originally posted" and the right one on the top as "[QUOTE=Deathruler11;19870036]" :P

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest ive NEVER cared about healing meters as a druid in raiding, as long as boss dies, people alive and you're not 50% behind other healers, but PVP buff to Resto is absolutly needed, right now anyone can kill us even without CDs, we're that weak, 30% nerf hit Rdruids much more then other healers.

This is high rated bracket, not 1200 2v2 that i can heal thro naked.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Thexx View Post

Aside from Tranquility, Stampeding Roar, Ironbark -- and, oh, battle rez? -- there are fights where using your symbiosis correctly benefits the raid. That's not utility?

Deterrence to break ice traps on Stone Guard and to soak sparks on Heroic Will. Spiritwalker's Grace for a moving Tranquility on Lei Shi or Ta'yak, or any fight where your raid's strat has you moving at a critical time. Ice Block to negate Amber Shaper's debuff, Garalon's Crush while kiting, Feng's Arcane Resonance, or pinning arrows on Spirit Kings. Having an immunity to save healing or DPS from having to break you out of something is always an asset to the raid. Immunities and CDs aren't unique of course, but they add to our versatility - especially if you raid 10's, and your guild doesn't have infinite class comp choices to swap in and out on every fight.

We bring great CC for heroic Will adds, and Mass Entanglement has saved my ass from heroic Lei Shi's adds several times. We have great mobility, can give the whole raid a sprint, and can heal well on the move - I've saved lives several times from being able to top people off quickly if they get clipped with Attenuation on heroic Zor'lok.

Absorbs aren't the end all, be-all winner all the time, either. Anything with ticking damage like heroic Will or Garalon will eat those shields off and your HoTs will help keep the raid leveled off. Absorbs don't mean jack when healing Tsulong during day phase, so I'll be happy with the buff there. A blanket 10% buff is kind of lazy, yes, but it's not going to straight overheal on every fight.

We're still not perfect -- for the love of god, PLEASE let us put mushrooms on players instead of planting them! -- but saying that we have no raid utility to bring besides healing is just silly.
    People aren't saying resto druids don't bring ANY utility.... they are saying they bring the exact same utility as every other healer and are still 10-20% behind them.

Sorry, but every healer has a 3+ minute healing CD. It may not be full AoE like Tranq (although for some specs it is). Every healer has an Ironbark type mechanic. It may not be 20% reduction (for one spec it is 40%...), but every spec has a tank cd (including shamans if you want to use certain totems that way).

Sure, not every healer can speed up raid members.... but considering that is extremely situational (and I mean extremely), not necessary for any fight, and it is an ability EVERY DRUID SPEC BRINGS, it really isn't a big deal.

You mentioned battle rez. TBH I could have just quoted you saying that to discredit your opinion, but I decided to go on. If you still think battle rez is "utility", then you must be a few expansions behind.

Symbiosis is a fun ability, but overall it is pretty much just a personal CD for a druid, and nothing more. The fact remains that every single other healer has 2-3+ different utility spells as well (some specs have a lot more than that), and a lot of those specs have really good personal cooldowns to soak things as well.... and yes Druids are 10-20% behind.

You mention absorbs not being that good on 3 fights (Will, Garalon, and Tsulong.... which absorbs are still amazing for tank damage on Will and Crush damage on Garalon, but let's pretend they aren't good for those fights).... so on 3 out of 16 fights absorbs arent that good.... but on every other fight they are the best healing in the game, and TBH if you have been paying attention they have been that way for many tiers.

The fact is healing has changed. The bottom line is Blizzard has changed the way they view damage and therefore they changed the way healing works. At the beginning of Cata, they decided to reduce 95% of spiky damage and to get rid of healing roles (if you don't know what I mean, then I am not talking to you). Most guilds are no longer assigning healers for 95% of fights, because it doesn't matter anymore. It used to.

The game has changed, and healing has changed. The problem with resto druids are that they simply aren't good unless their HoTs can tick.... and on most fights, they can't. Now, if you are 2 healing (10 man) or 3-4 healing (25) heroic ragnaros pre-nerf, then resto druids are amazing. If you are 3-4 healing heroic 25 mans, then resto druids are very good. They are able to HoT tons of people... and if those HoTs can tick, they do great healing.

But because of the way healing has changed, you no longer have holy paladins and disc priests tunneling tanks.... you no longer have people respecting their own healing groups.... because they can get more HPS but sniping heals. Someone could be at 70% with a Rejuv and a Wild Growth on them, but if it is a HPS gain for someone else to flash heal them to top them off even though no more damage is coming, might as well! That's the problem with resto druids.

TLDR: Druids bring the same utility (or less) as other healers but do less healing. In heroic modes, it actually matters. The problem is Blizzard changed the way healing and damage taken works after WotLK, and druids haven't been the same since.