Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    TLDR: Druids bring the same utility (or less) as other healers but do less healing.
    that just made me lol there isnt a healing class/spec that would have MORE UTILITY and if u think there is pls do explain that in detail

[QUOTE=Mudkiper;19842894]Stronger hots means they will heal more before the targets are topped, but still...

The issue with resto druids in PvE is that the other healers are all very strong at topping the raid relatively fast - that is their roll, a resto druids job is to help raid heal to a degree but mainly to help cushion the raid with hots while they're healed up.

QUOTE]

Finally someone knows what is a Rdruid for....
    but tbh, we are still very shit...

If they increase the ppl healed in Elflorecent circle (like 5 people), and scale haste better, we will be in a competative position.

Increasing healing done across the board won't solved the problem we're currently having imo.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 04:51 AM ----------

[QUOTE=Thexx;19870444]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post

Aside from Tranquility, Stampeding Roar, Ironbark -- and, oh, battle rez? -- there are fights where using your symbiosis correctly benefits the raid. That's not utility?

Deterrence to break ice traps on Stone Guard and to soak sparks on Heroic Will. Spiritwalker's Grace for a moving Tranquility on Lei Shi or Ta'yak, or any fight where your raid's strat has you moving at a critical time. Ice Block to negate Amber Shaper's debuff, Garalon's Crush while kiting, Feng's Arcane Resonance, or pinning arrows on Spirit Kings. Having an immunity to save healing or DPS from having to break you out of something is always an asset to the raid. Immunities and CDs aren't unique of course, but they add to our versatility - especially if you raid 10's, and your guild doesn't have infinite class comp choices to swap in and out on every fight.

We bring great CC for heroic Will adds, and Mass Entanglement has saved my ass from heroic Lei Shi's adds several times. We have great mobility, can give the whole raid a sprint, and can heal well on the move - I've saved lives several times from being able to top people off quickly if they get clipped with Attenuation on heroic Zor'lok.

Absorbs aren't the end all, be-all winner all the time, either. Anything with ticking damage like heroic Will or Garalon will eat those shields off and your HoTs will help keep the raid leveled off. Absorbs don't mean jack when healing Tsulong during day phase, so I'll be happy with the buff there. A blanket 10% buff is kind of lazy, yes, but it's not going to straight overheal on every fight.

We're still not perfect -- for the love of god, PLEASE let us put mushrooms on players instead of planting them! -- but saying that we have no raid utility to bring besides healing is just silly.

Orly...I only can agree to Stoneguard Deterrence, and IB on Amber...

Also, H Will, ummm....ummm...really? though its good to have a back up Deterrence, but not 100% necessary if you CC the adds correctly...

Btw, Giving whole raid sprint...its not a Rdruid dedicated spell...Not to say its a bad talent...but nothing great to mention...(2 GCD to get back to heal) hmmm...

Comparing personal CD vs other healers...we don't have much to compare...

Sym a Shaman...ye, Tranq while running is definately fun...HEHE...

Sym is not a Must imo if you knows how to position urself correctly..but saying we brings the whole SHE BANG to the raid...i don't think so...you have all other class that can do the same, but better...or your raid is not positionning themself "correctly".

Anyway, that's just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Worthless compared to anything else they could have done?

You know what I would have done with Swiftmend?

Item - Druid T15 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Swiftmend’s ground effect can now be manually placed and it's radius increased by 10%

Something like that, I mean for fucks sake at least that is 'somewhat' better considering Efflorescence is a crappy small little circle, Where as healing rain is a giant fucking circle
    Let's be realistic and not wish for the stars. They're NOT going to change our spells that drastically, especially not for a 2 set bonus. I'm just glad they didn't give us more mana savings on RJ and say "hey, blanket everything in sight."
    Ashr

10+ Year Old Account
    Until we know what the buffs are we can't really say anything about it. At least it's something and they are acknowledging we need buffs.

"Naturalist: This new passive learned at level 10 by Restoration Druids increases all healing done by the Druid by 10%."

Dat bandaid.
    Yay more overhealing
    Last edited by Monkeyofcode; 2013-01-17 at 06:28 AM.

"We are going to slightly increase Resto druid healing across the board."
    And they gave us +10% all healing ) Unexpected.

Happy.

People really need to look at full context before they overreact (or underreact) to specific changes.

1. 30% reduced healing across the board for all healers.
    2. Wild Mushrooms absorb overhealing from Rejuvenation, allowing them to become a massive burst heal if used correctly.
    3. Rejuvenation's mana cost has been reduced by about 9% baseline.
    4. Resto Druids are getting a 10% increase to healing across the board (after the 30% reduction affecting all healers).
    5. Disc priests are being majorly nerfed.

Of course, these aren't permanent and may change by time 5.2 comes, but I would not be surprised to see druids well above other classes on many fights after these changes go through.

Less healing across the board likely means that snipe healing won't be as effective and that hots will have more opportunities to heal up their targets. Druids being buffed by 10% puts them on par (minimum) with most healers on fights where druids should dominate but are currently underperforming. Wild Mushrooms can make up the for our lack of burst, and may be godly on some fights. The Rejuv cost reduction further reinforces the previous two comments. And now Disc priests won't be able to completely marginalize our healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    People really need to look at full context before they overreact (or underreact) to specific changes.

1. 30% reduced healing across the board for all healers.
    I think that's only for PVP? Battle Fatigue was increased from 15% to 30% afaik.
    Ashr

Quote Originally Posted by achareat View Post
    Everyone's talking about "stealing" healing that other healers do. If you are thinking in those terms, it implies that there isn't enough healing to do. If other healers get to heal before you, let them, you will have more mana left for intensive phases.
    You're missing the point ... here's the (example) scenario:

Drood healer notices someone's health is creeping down. Drood casts a hot. After the first tick, Paladin healer heals that person up to full. Rest of the Drood hot is overheals.

This can be addressed with communication and trusting in healing assignments, but in the middle of a frenzied/complicated encounter, you can't enumerate each target you've just hotted -- it's just not feasible for many reasons (clogging up voice chat, for example) -- and when things are chaotic and you feel like you need to toss out those hots, it's easy to stray from assignments. Or if assignments aren't ultra specific (such as, "Drood and Shammy on raid, Pally/Priest on tank" rather than "Drood on group 1 except the tank, Shammy on group 2, Pally/Priest on the tank").

I mean, I don't play a Tree myself, but this is my understanding of the frustrations from multiple Drood healers (that I play with and that I'm reading here in this thread)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    I think that's only for PVP? Battle Fatigue was increased from 15% to 30% afaik.
    Oh, hmm. I guess I need to look into that to see if I misunderstood. I really don't keep on top of PVP changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    You're missing the point ... here's the (example) scenario:

Drood healer notices someone's health is creeping down. Drood casts a hot. After the first tick, Paladin healer heals that person up to full. Rest of the Drood hot is overheals.
    Crap paladin end of. It is a requirement to see incoming heals!, although if that person was close to dying it is an other story.

The flat 10% was unexpected but needed :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Crap paladin end of. It is a requirement to see incoming heals!, although if that person was close to dying it is an other story.

The flat 10% was unexpected but needed :-)
    Needed but implemented wrong

Also "crap paladin end of it"? What about the other 3 healers in the raid? What about that damage thats going out hard so the other healers have to cast hard and fast so people dont die?

It's not simple and a simple fix will not help us( not as much as you'd think).
    Last edited by Monkeyofcode; 2013-01-17 at 07:45 AM.

I see it coming:
    Addon to keep track of Shrooms power
    /cast Bear Form
    /cast Might Of Ursoc
    /cast Wild Mushrooms: Bloom

BOOOOOMSHROOMS!
    Last edited by Purpleisbetter; 2013-01-17 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    I see it coming:
    /cast Bear Form
    /cast Might Of Ursoc

BOOOOOMSHROOMS!
    cast bear form is redundant.

you still need rejuvenation to tick and overheal after you buff your HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    I see it coming:
    /cast Bear Form
    /cast Might Of Ursoc

BOOOOOMSHROOMS!
    Lol!!! Hey, might as well put a stamina trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Irzerg View Post
    Finally someone knows what is a Rdruid for....
    but tbh, we are still very shit...

If they increase the ppl healed in Elflorecent circle (like 5 people), and scale haste better, we will be in a competative position.

Increasing healing done across the board won't solved the problem we're currently having imo.
    Druids aren't shit. We're just "okay" and not worth bringing over another healer currently for most heroic progression fights on the cutting edge (aka pushing for world firsts). We can comfortably (not as comfortably as other healers) heal every progress fight right now, it's just not ideal.

The 2 piece will be decent for 25m, and useless most of the time in 10m. I'll most likely be holding onto my heroic t14 until I have full heroic t15.

The across the board healing increase will help a lot, really. 10% to everything is a lot more than it might sound like at first.

I'm in a 15/16h guild and I generally keep up with most of the other healers in my raid, other than our Disc Priest, on most fights. I've healed a healthy portion of progress fights and not been a burden while doing so, and also healed 13/16h (haven't done Protectors or Tsulong yet since they're fairly recent kills).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Acorns/simple

Armory link before some troll calls bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Lol!!! Hey, might as well put a stamina trinket
    Shhhh!!! ;p

Disc Priest will have to relearn thier healing tactics next patch. The changes to DI, SS, PW:shield etc will balance them out I think.

I honestly think the 10% will help alot. While my Rejuv does a lot of healing, When I am a dedicated tank healer, I notice my direct casted heals (HT & RG) are lacking compared to other healers etc.

If I read the notes on Wild Mushrooms correctly, the healing done is spread between everyone stacked near it... so that can prove to be a very powerful tank heal if placed near 1-2 tanks and healing only them. It also will be stronger in healing 10 mans. I am very happy with what is happening. I don't need to see Druids top the charts I just want to see our line move from drastically below the others to near equal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Until we know what the buffs are we can't really say anything about it. At least it's something and they are acknowledging we need buffs.
    Well hopefully the buffs come before I come back to the game, I'd hate for my beloved druid to be left out of all the fun btw, I LOVE your avatar

Deleted
    The problem as I see it is other healers abilities conflict with the Druid's heal over time style of healing. Disc & HPala's stacking absorb shields and Resto Shamans with really good raid cooldowns are healing faster and stronger than we can.