Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Incoming Community Upset?

Anyone think a large majority of the community is going to get butthurt that Warlocks will be getting a ring for their exclusive quest chain?

My first reaction to seeing that was, it's pretty awesome they're actually implementing something for class specifics again, and that it sucked they took that away after Vanilla so much.

Hopefully this leads to something similar in he future.

I don't know. It's possible, seeing as the community can find anything to complain about. I can't tell at this point, however.

It's only 489 ilvl though?

yeah ... butthurt with ilvl 489 ring ? really ?

It's ranked lower than the VP gear available from the 5.1 factions. People whining about it will be whining for the sake of whining, not because it's an actual problem.

Ilvl only being 489 makes it "not-so-great" once the quest is actually available. LFR will drop gear close to that. 1 simple ring 5 or 10 ilvl's above LFR loot wont make many cry.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

If people can complain about flying mounts, doing too many dailies for their own good or pet battles, of course they can complain about a little ring for some warlock as well.

Deleted
    Since when can one wear 3 rings? One from VP, one from Klaxxi and a 3rd?!

The first few warlocks who do get the ring will probably sell or disenchant it.

I think a lot of it is people are going to see "Epic Reward" and the fact that its a nice starting piece as soon as you're level 90, and that is what people will be upset about.

I personally love the idea of this, and I don't even currently play a Warlock, I haven't even touched my Warlock since the end of BC.

Only time will tell what this eventually leads to, but for now, I'm expecting a lot of BS regarding it.

should have never taken class specific items out of the game in the first place.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

15+ Year Old Account
    I think we should only get vanity/transmog stuff from class quests, not items that u can get from raids/LFR/rep gear etc

And, ppl will complain about ANYTHING
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Yeah that ring is going straight to the vendors when I get it.
    I do however love the idea of class specific quests and lore chains.
    Maybe this is the first part of what many other classes and/or races are about to experience?

Deleted
    I support even more class specific quests/items. Locks getting green fire, I hope other class will get something cool in future

10+ Year Old Account
    no since most of the people who actually wanted to invest time on thier caracter would already have and equivalent if not better

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy Ilvl 496 from Shieldwall/Dominance and get 489 from Klaxxi-Exalted.

There ya go: Warlock ring is totally unnecessary.

Honestly, it's the whole going from 'we don't want to spend a lot of resources on something that only affects a certain percentile of the player base' to 'Quest chain! Only for Warlocks!' that sort of bothers me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    Honestly, it's the whole going from 'we don't want to spend a lot of resources on something that only affects a certain percentile of the player base' to 'Quest chain! Only for Warlocks!' that sort of bothers me.
    It's locks. Get used to it. Blizzard always loved them. Besides, they have been crying for green stuff for 8 years now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    If it's a prelude to a return of class-specific quests for all of us, then I'm fine with it. Warlocks are (were?) very underrepresented, a lot was done to draw interest in them for players whom didn't necessarily meet the skill cap to put up Warlocks very strong damage output.

Doubt it. It's not that strong of a item they get.

I find it awesome that Blizzard adds this quest for warlocks. Makes them a bit unique and cool. Maybe this is the return of class specific quests? If so, that would be awesome.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.