Playing on US from EU?

Hey I can't seem to find how to do this online (I suck at finding this stuff plus I'm going to bed).

I have a friend in America he's west coast (dunno if it matters) and we would like to play together, I suggested to play on Us with him how do I do this?

Any links to info would help
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Hi there, just to clarify - there is currently no crossover from an EU account to a US one (and vice versa). That is to say that each of the regional games are completely separate and there is no cross-functionality. What you and your friend may want to do is to have one of you send the other a Recruit-A-Friend link, and then that person could start a new account in that other region. The downside is that the new account would yet need to be upgraded, but the good news is that you'd both enjoy bonuses out of the promotion which would help new characters level 3x faster for 90 days. I hope that helps!

Wow I never knew we had Blizzard employees posting on these boards! Way to go MMO-champion.

Like Araxom said, you can play just fine on the US realms from Europe but you'll need a US battle.net account with WoW on it. In a similar fashion I have played with Americans and Canadians on my European realms before.
    Last edited by Lackluster; 2013-01-15 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi there, just to clarify - there is currently no crossover from an EU account to a US one (and vice versa). That is to say that each of the regional games are completely separate and there is no cross-functionality. What you and your friend may want to do is to have one of you send the other a Recruit-A-Friend link, and then that person could start a new account in that other region. The downside is that the new account would yet need to be upgraded, but the good news is that you'd both enjoy bonuses out of the promotion which would help new characters level 3x faster for 90 days. I hope that helps!
    ^this and also if you already have World of Warcraft installed then You don't have to download the entire client again.
    just open the file "config.wtf" in your "world of warcraft\wtf" folder and change this

SET locale "enGB"
    SET installLocale "enGB"

to

SET locale "enUS"
    SET installLocale "enUS"

and You can play the US world of warcraft license.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    I may have run into some problems:

1. When putting in an address I just made up one?
    2. My payment details and stuff were from my country (UK).
    3. I found today my account is banned and unplayable.

How can I pay for my account and play it?

P.S. I paid digitally but must I have to buy a US physical copy and buy US game time cards?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)