Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i don't like how you can't fall below your tier...that in itself is completely dumb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    i don't like how you can't fall below your tier...that in itself is completely dumb
    how so?

if you manage to get to gold tier you've shown that you're capable of playing there no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    how so?

if you manage to get to gold tier you've shown that you're capable of playing there no?
    People can get both better and worse. Just because you got gold 3 months ago doesn't mean you're a gold player right now. This is basically what we have right now except with another safety net for rating.

Deleted
    While I like that if u reach a specific tier u can't fall down I'm scared that it will works for bad players too, but I guess we need to see this in action to see how it will position players, now a couple of questions:
    1. Do we start from our current elo? (ye I think so)
    2. What happen if you lose the games to go up in division or tier? When u can do it again?
    3. When should this be released? (I cheated, 3 questions...)

I don't think they can put something like, if one in your team disconnect then you don't lose points, how can they know if your friend simulate a disconnection for you and your team?

Generally I like changing and this new system.

Didn't it say you can only fall down a tier from "decay", as in not playing for a while?

Anyway, these changes looks better for ranked overall. I'm excited to see how it'll end up changing the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Didn't it say you can only fall down a tier from "decay", as in not playing for a while?
    Yes they did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    People can get both better and worse. Just because you got gold 3 months ago doesn't mean you're a gold player right now. This is basically what we have right now except with another safety net for rating.
    pretty much that. they already thought that argument through

and people rarely disconnect in games. frequent disconnects gets you banned as it's counted as leaving the game. I think I see someone disconnecting once in every 30-40 games and then mainly temporarily.

Anyway, these changes looks better for ranked overall. I'm excited to see how it'll end up changing the game.
    Kind of. Say if you are Gold and you lost a bunch of matches, you will start playing Silver players while maintaining Gold status.

I highly disagree with this philosophy. If you can't maintain your level of play, regardless if you have bad games, you should be demoted to the appropriate levels.

Also, duo queue should be removed from this 'competitive' play.

Well, I agree, but on the other hand, if you were Gold once, and keep playing, you will probably be Gold again.
    I just can't imagine anyone who consistently plays the game, never improving.

As I see it, this'll give people who feel they're not at their tier/ELO a "fair chance". If they really want to prove that they're good, they'll gather the points they need, and they'll win at least two out of those three matches.

I know I'm gonna have a shot at Gold (or higher) when this system is in place.

Deleted
    I'd like to be boosted by you if duo is possible

Well, I agree, but on the other hand, if you were Gold once, and keep playing, you will probably be Gold again.
    I just can't imagine anyone who consistently plays the game, never improving.

As I see it, this'll give people who feel they're not at their tier/ELO a "fair chance". If they really want to prove that they're good, they'll gather the points they need, and they'll win at least two out of those three matches.

You make a good point. But I just got a new level 30 recently, and I'm baffled by the amount of people I see with 200+ ranked WINS in the 1400s that were once 1500-1700. Also, the people who were never higher than 1400 yet have over 500 ranked games played.

They might have played a lot before, then come back later to try again when you met them. You never know since you rarely meet the same people multiple times unless you're at such a high ELO that you'll meet the same people consistently (I see this a lot when I watch streams of people from TSM, Curse, CLG and so on, but that's beside the point).

You always get kinda rusty if you haven't played for a while.

Deleted
    I hope this system will work. Sounds more fair than current one.

Mitigates losses due to trolls and feeders, although I expect a lot of QQ when people lose their 'best of 3' matches due to factors beyond their power.
    RETH

Looks good and bad, ups and downs when it comes to ranked. Always some idiot(s) who feeds, afks, trolls etc etc..

Deleted
    I just hope your points don´t decay too fast, I don´t play ranked very often and it´d be nice if you don´t have to play constantly. Also I hope you get plenty of time to play the best of 5 since you can´t really always get the time to play 5 games in a row.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Also I hope you get plenty of time to play the best of 5 since you can´t really always get the time to play 5 games in a row.
    I honestly never played more than 2-3 games in a row. I don't even imagine playing best of 5 in one go being forced upon players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Overall, I like the changes.

Say you're a really strong silver player now. You win your division/tier/whatever matches and hop to gold. Now, instead of the fear of going on a nasty streak of losses, you won't ever drop back down to silver as long as you're playing on a regular basis.

Granted, there are cons, too...when you do move up...you may be matched w/ the bottom of the tier that aren't going anywhere and troll to day's end.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Overall, I like the changes.

Say you're a really strong silver player now. You win your division/tier/whatever matches and hop to gold. Now, instead of the fear of going on a nasty streak of losses, you won't ever drop back down to silver as long as you're playing on a regular basis.

Granted, there are cons, too...when you do move up...you may be matched w/ the bottom of the tier that aren't going anywhere and troll to day's end.
    Well their ELO will still be decreasing when they lose, but I agree it´s dumb because this way bottom gold people could be falling all the way down to bronze level in terms of ELO.

Deleted
    How will placement work with this new system? There's one thing that really worries me - people could get WAY over their skill level via a couple lucky wins in placement matches and then stay there forever due to the the impossibility of falling back down. I could see it being annoying to anyone playing with them... :/

It kinda happened to me in SCII, so it's not a complete what-if scenario. When I played my placement matches for 2nd season of SCII I got lucky, somehow won all of them and placed in diamond despite being silver level player. Well, it was not much of an issue as I swiftly went on a losing streak until I got placed back in my league, but if falling down was locked as it's going to be in LoL the situation would not be very funny for me.