Poll: Your Preference?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WotLK DK vs. Today's DK

Just want to see which version people prefer now. Today, you've got Blood, 2H and DW Frost, and Unholy. Unholy is a good bit behind Frost and nobody actually plays it in competitive PvE.

WotlK you could do any spec DW or 2H I believe. Tanking could be achieved in any spec or min/maxing using all 3, putting points in certain locations of each tree, etc. Also there was DW Unholy, I'm pretty sure. As DPS.

Thoughts?

Lk DKs kicked ass, i miss the old unholy blight and later arp blood dps.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate and love the system of MoP: Balacing issues and having to respecc alot between speccs was a bad habit, but it added alot of flavour. I loved tanking as unholy anti-magic knight of the apocalypse... or the non-trivial self-healing a blood dps could create, but in the end I think it's better today, since we don't have to be scaled around spec 1 for fight x, spec 2 for fight y and spec 3 for fight z and it's way more balanced than the differences in tanking were back in lets say ulduar. nothing comes even close to an unholy tank dk on mimiron 25 hardmode or a blood tank dk on vezax 25 hardmode, etc.
    Being unhittable on patchwork 25 for about 20s in blues was fun too...
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk DK, when the most optimal dps rotation could be executed in a single macro.

Nah, the MoP version provides much better balance. Yeah Unholy might be sorta bad right now, but anyone that keeps up know it'll be stronger or equal to frost again in a patch or two. That's the way things go.

Deleted
    I miss blood dps. And I miss some very old spells that used to make me say "whoaaa", like Hysteria, or Shadow of Death.

I also miss being able to use corpse explosion on players.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-01-16 at 12:57 AM.

Deleted
    Tanking (for any class) is so much more interesting in mop than wotlk, the dps specs are a bit more difficult (not that frost is hard now either) and closer together. I don't really see any advantage with wotlk (unless you want to be broken I guess).

Wotlk DK was amazing imo. I will forever miss Blood dps =/

And I will forever miss frost tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    idk to me it feels the same, end of wrath i played dw frost and now my dk is 2h frost and i dont think the rotation has changed very much, other than outbreak and new bloodtap

I vote for cataclysm - miss gaming runes with Blood Tap + Runic Empowerment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    All I remember from wotlk is when blood dps was still respectable (the phrase "heartstrike, lol" comes to mind), and then it was nerfed putting unholy on top, which proceeded to be nerfed and put frost DW on top were it relatively stayed until now.

I like MoP's frost because it feels a bit more fluid.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

I always enjoyed Blood dps because of the overall feel of the spec, with incredible amounts of burst damage when timed right, and the poor man's version of Sweeping Strikes/Blade Flurry that was Heart Strike before they nerfed it.

To be honest, when I look at what they did in terms of separating Feral and Guardian druids, I don't see why they couldn't do something similar for Blood. Of course, they would have to give it a different name in order to differentiate the DPS and Tanking versions respectively.

Well Unholy vs. Frost at the moment is just the usual fluctuation in balance that's constantly going on in the game. Being 2H vs. 1H... to be honest I don't get Blizzard's thinking on that, or weapons in general - to my mind they should either balance it so that anything your class/spec can wield is equal in DPS terms and it's pure personal preference, or they should say "frost is 1H unholy is 2H" and just prevent you from being able to use things that are inferior for your spec. But that's just me.

As for the old tri-tanking model they had well... it was a big experiment and I think they learned valuable things from it but ultimately it was not a sustainable design and DKs were just better off with a dedicated tanking spec. Also it would've been completely incompatible with the new MoP talent design anyway. Good thing they bit the bullet in Cataclysm.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Palanaar View Post
    I always enjoyed Blood dps because of the overall feel of the spec, with incredible amounts of burst damage when timed right, and the poor man's version of Sweeping Strikes/Blade Flurry that was Heart Strike before they nerfed it.

To be honest, when I look at what they did in terms of separating Feral and Guardian druids, I don't see why they couldn't do something similar for Blood. Of course, they would have to give it a different name in order to differentiate the DPS and Tanking versions respectively.
    I think that if anything Blizzard regrets having 3 specs per class and if they had it over again they'd make fewer specs rather than more. They made a concession to Druids because both Cat and Bear had such a long history in the game, and were such completely distinct specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Just want to see which version people prefer now. Today, you've got Blood, 2H and DW Frost, and Unholy. Unholy is a good bit behind Frost and nobody actually plays it in competitive PvE.

WotlK you could do any spec DW or 2H I believe. Tanking could be achieved in any spec or min/maxing using all 3, putting points in certain locations of each tree, etc. Also there was DW Unholy, I'm pretty sure. As DPS.

Thoughts?
    i dont care what anyone says im not switching from unholy to frost just because frost does like 1000 more dps O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I just miss all the talent points, I didn't care if 90% of them were mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss not having a pet for Unholy.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont care what anyone says im not switching from unholy to frost just because frost does like 1000 more dps O-O
    Not that I'm trying to deter you from playing the spec you prefer, but It's much higher than 1000, it's between 5-10k on most fights.

Other than Blood DPS and 3.1 Unbreakable Armor, I'd say the MoP iteration of the class is better in every way. I also much prefer the more lenient rune system to the Wrath model where using GoD you sometimes had shy of 0.5 seconds to refresh your diseases. Not to mention OB is now on KM... KM felt kind of redundant when it didn't include Frost's primary ability.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Peoples saying WOTLK's DK was more fun than mop dks just did not play wotlk, or lies,or enjoyed blood dps, or just enjoyed how damm OP it was. It was only about: diseases~> spam scourge strike/obliterate ~> waste rp ~> refresh diseases with pestilance, and yeah, it was op like hell, but not fun at all(only if you enjoy being op like hell).

Wotlk dk's had some shining moments but my main gripe is that the class changed so much from launch to icc you often found yourself changing play styles after every patch. I am glad it has settled down in that respect.
    tl;dr Is just another way of saying I am about to troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    And I will forever miss frost tanking.
    Respect.

I tried getting into Blood Tanking in Cat, but I just didn't care for it. I loved Frost Tanking. Loved it. I don't even play my DK anymore...