Deleted

Lenovo Laptop. Need help chosing!

Mornin' guys and gals!

I've been writing with a mate who's advised me to get a Lenovo as my new work and gaming laptop.

My budget is 1400$ (7000 Kr. in Danish currency + Danish prices are slightly higher), and I've narrowed it down to two choices.

Produktbeskrivelse Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E530 3259 - 15.6" - Core i7 3632QM - Windows 8 64-bit - 8 GB RAM - 1 TB Hybriddrev
    Systemtype Notebook
    Operativsystem Windows 8 64-bit
    Processor Intel Core i7 (3. gen) 3632QM / 2.2 GHz ( 3.2 GHz ) / 6 MB Cache
    Hukommelse 8 GB DDR3
    Lagring 1 TB Hybriddrev ( 16 GB flash ) / 5400 rpm
    Optisk drev DVD-skriver
    Billedskærm 15.6" LED baglys 1600 x 900 / HD+
    Grafik NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M / Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 2 GB
    Netværk 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0 , Gigabit Ethernet
    Batteri 6-cellet - op til 7.3 timer
    Sikkerhed Fingeraftrykslæser
    Farve Matblå, trimmet med et tyndt sølvbånd (side)
    Dimensioner (B x D x H) 37.7 cm x 24.5 cm x 3.53 cm

vs.

Lenovo Ideapad G780 + NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M / Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 2 GB

Processor familie Intel Core i7
    Processortype i7-3632QM
    Turbo frequency (max) 3.2 GHz
    Processor cores: 4
    Systembus 5 GT/s
    L3 cache 6 MB
    Processor socket Socket 1224
    Producent processor Intel
    Number of processors supported 1
    Internal memory 8 GB
    Intern hukommelse, teknologi DDR3-SDRAM
    Memory layout 2 x 4 GB
    Hukommelsessokler 2x SO-DIMM
    Maximum intern hukommelse 8 GB
    Total storage capacity 1000 GB
    Storage media type HDD
    Number of hard drives installed 1
    Harddisk kapacitet 1000 GB
    Hard drive interface Serial ATA II
    Hard disk størrelse 63.5 mm (2.5 )
    Indbygget kortlæser Ja
    Kompatible memory cards MMC, SD
    Screendiagonal 439.4 mm (17.3 )
    Skærmopløsning 1600 x 900 pixel

They are practically the same. Same pixels, although the Ideapad has a 17" inch screen and is slightly prettier than the Thinkpads IBM style model.

Just wondering if anyone has experience/knowledge of Lenovo, since I've researched and heard that they
    are incredibly well made and reliable. My previous laptop was a HP pavilion dv7 which ended up glitching and being repaired 4 times in a year
    So it's incredibly important that my next buy lasts long and doesn't mess up just by using WoW and Cubase 6.

But yeah, just wondering if the newer Ideapad G-series would keep cool and serve as well as the Thinkpad model? It costs slightly less, so might
    aswell save a few pennies if so.

P.s It has to be a laptop I'm afraid. I'm a musician so PC mobility is a must.

Thanks for any feedback! And have an amazing day everyone
    Last edited by mmoc8614890c22; 2013-01-16 at 06:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The second one doesn't.. seem to list a video card. I'm sure there is, I just don't know what it is.

Deleted
    Ah! Edited, it was in the comps title which I wrote in myself. Sorry for the Danish btw. Haha thought the details are the same so it's easy enough to figure out.
    But they both have NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M / Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 2 GB dedicated mate. So basically same vs. same. Just 1 has a bigger screen with same reso.

Main reason for the thread is if people know if the models are just as reliable? I know that the Thinkpad is the most sold in the world? In business etc. because of it's fast and easy update systems, fast booters, long lasting hardware etc. Just curious about their newer models. Not sure if the prettier models have sacrificed some of the well-earned respect the Thinkpad has earned.

So yeah LF lenovo fans that have some experience or hear say about the Ideapads in comparison really Can order today. Will get the Ideapad on Friday or the Thinkpad on Monday most probably. So if I can save 100$ and get it earlier without any sacrifice then I might aswell do so

The Thinkpad models are more durable. They're designed to have a much higher MTBF for business purposes. That, and they have that little red pointer ball in the middle of the keyboard for mouse movement.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics