10+ Year Old Account

Just started my Account back up.

Ok so, I haven't played rift since a few months after release due to lack of time to play. I played a rogue to level 60? i think that was the top level. Also a warrior tank to level 50. I just wanted to know what has changed in the game and in these classes. Also anything major worth noting will help. I am looking to start these classes from scratch again and not just jump right back into them. Thanks.

Forgot to ask, is there oceanic shard(s) yet? or one where oceanic players congregate? I played on the "unofficial" one at release but not sure if it has changed.

Another question, Does it have a dungeon finder like thing yet? I remember there being talk about it when i was playing.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-01-16 at 04:55 AM.
    Aye mate

1)There is a dungeon finder.

2)Max level was 50 so you have 2 levels 50, max level is now 60.

3)Classes have been overhauled insanely, up until May 2012 that i used to play there were changes all the time, as far as i know 1 month before the expansion around mid-October they did major changes to all classes, you need to start all over if you wanna catch up or start reading 10 pages of patch notes and figure out whats going on.

4)I think the oceanic shards are still "unofficial" but there might be a tag for them now..at least i remember something like that.

Generally unless you have been playing over the first ~12-14 months of Rift to see how it was changed which you havent it means you are gonna encounter a completely different and new game.

And as far as i know Storm Legion is rather awesome, i havent tried it myself and never will cause i simply cant play MMO's anymore but from all the talk and everything a MMO fan, can not like it.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-01-16 at 05:58 AM.

Laethys is the Oceanic Shard. It's still hosted in Dallas like all the NA shards but it's where all the Oceanic guilds and probably 90% of Oceanic players are.

You say you played until a few months after release, that's close to a year and a half ago. The changes since then are immense and don't be surprised if you don't recognise the souls anymore. Each has been tweaked, altered and then completely overhauled at least once, sometimes twice.

Deleted
    On their official forums there is a list of all the things that have changed since release, i would link it but i am on a community computer and i cannot access gaming sites other then mmo champ, primal might be able to link it for you he is on every forum going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    On their official forums there is a list of all the things that have changed since release, i would link it but i am on a community computer and i cannot access gaming sites other then mmo champ, primal might be able to link it for you he is on every forum going.

Here's the one you're talking about I think:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3953340

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Here's the one you're talking about I think:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3953340
    Thanks azuri