Stampede & Raid FPS Lag

In our 25M raids as of just recently, we've started seeing people experience serious frame lag (as in makes the game basically unplayable) around the same time as stampede is used on certain fights, most notably Sha of Fear and Amber Shaper Un'sok. I still can't conclusively say that it definitively is stampede, as eliminating all other variables would be ridiculously time consuming and not really reasonable during limited raid time when we are trying to get things done. But it does seem to correlate pretty well with when we do use it, and when we stopped used it.

Basically I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I posted about it in the WoW bug report forums and also bumped a thread mentioning similar issues in that same forum, but they seemed basically ignored.

Deleted
    Well I don't have the best computer (laptop) and one day I was playing with a friend and we were doing lfr. When the group poped bl on elegon I was screwed! I started dpsing 2 minutes later while my friend had absolutely no problem (On world sha, I am able to play again near our kill some times). In my 10 mans I have never problem. So according to mine experience it sounds me like a computer problem. Though, your stampede is maybe making their computer problem worse so they lag/can't play, I don't think this has to do anything with blizzard since the main problem (meaning the computer "skills") isn't theirs.

Yep, we have the same issue sometimes. We run 3 Hunters in 25m and sometimes on Sha and Amber Shaper FPS drops to like 4 for 15 seconds when Stampede is used.

Deleted
    If they're using recount, tell them to try turning it off. It's a major resource hog during spam times.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's barely a hiccup for my setup but... It's still noticeable, like a 1.5 second dip. I would think If I attempted raiding on my laptop this would seriously screw me up. (I use really lightweight addons on my laptop but I could still picture it going south)

It's just the amount of data you're trying to process/send/receive. All of a sudden the fight is going: "OKAY THERE IS NOW 5 MORE MOVING THINGS ON THE SCREEN ALL WITH THEIR OWN SEPARATE BEHAVIOURS, I MUST TELL THE SERVER AND GET YOU THE CORRECT INFORMATION ON THEM. LOADING, STAY WITH ME HUMAN. OKAY GOT EM, CARRY ON PLAYING" Multiply that by a few other hunters potentially doing the same and... yeah.

Depending on your computer/internet this can cause problems. Heck I know a few people with such bad setups that even me summoning GoAK causes a slight skip.

Only thing you can really do is... well upgrade computer/try to tone down ingame effects, check addons and what they could be doing with raid information and stopping them from attempting to record it and slowing you down.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have noticed the same by me. Playing on Ultra i have normaly no problems, but sometimes (not everytime, i think its depend on wich day or something) when i pop Stampede i have laggs for the time of it.

This is weird. I thought it was just me having that issue. I have noticed this exact thing very significantly on Sha of Fear. Every time when I use Stampede, and for its whole duration. I don't recall it happening on our first few kills, but lately it's happend every time I have been there.

Fortunately I personally haven't been having issues with it, but it's crippling to a few of our other raid members. And as irritating as it is for me to just completely pull a high damage cooldown from use, it's not worth knocking even a single other player out of commission.

Of course now it causes me to worry on every other fight - "if I use stampede here am I going to freeze up 3 people?". Really sucks.

I'm not sure I buy the argument that "there are now 5 more moving targets on the screen" and their clients can't handle it or whatever. Pretty sure our DKs use AOTD at the start of that fight, and that's even more new targets. Also pretty sure all of our hunters use the stampede glyph, so they don't really all have different behaviors. I'll test snake trap at around the normal time we'd use stampede next time we're on amber shaper. But I'm pretty sure it's just something wrong specific to stampede. Unfortunately further testing will be difficult because my raid as a whole is now very much against the use of stampede. I sort of wish I never made it public knowledge to the raid and just told the hunters to stop using it, as now they are going to blame anything and everything that lags them on it.

the only time is lag is P3 of elegon... and think pretty much everyone lags there... 100 FPS for everything else.

Deleted
    My computer is pretty beastly (sig) and i still have issues when 2-3 of us hit stampede

Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post
    My computer is pretty beastly (sig) and i still have issues when 2-3 of us hit stampede
    And see that's one of the weird things about it. My computer is about a year old now, i5-2500k (not overclocked at all), 8g memory, GTX560, a good system but not in the price/power range yours is. And I have pretty much zero issues with stampede or frames lag in general, on ultra settings running a fairly large number of addons (20-30?). Difficult to put a finger on what is really causing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    People could turn of recount for a start. No reason for anyone but the raid leader to use it.

When you have 25 people using the same addon that causes a heck of a lot data to be transmitted all over the place, it will cause a lot of lag when you have 2-4 hunters using Stampede. Makes sense.

Deleted
    I personally never had any issues with Stampede. Now I have quite a decent computer which might be why I'm not noticing a problem, but I do have to admit that the final phase on Elegon 25 man causes a lot of issues. Popping Stampede in that phase as well as other raid members using abilities like Stampede, Dire Beast, Grimoire of Sommonmoredemons makes my computer cry for mercy.

I don't know, as other said before try turning off Recount if you have that active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens for me on a lot of fights, but only on the initial pull when all summons (Stampede, GoAK, Spirit Wolves, Dire Beasts etc) are being spammed and Heroism goes off. It's just a lot of information for any PC to process, especially a slightly older PC like mine (i5-750 @ 2.8 GHz). It's not really framerate lag so much as it is like a latency increase. All of my actions take an extra 0.5-1s to occur.

I personally didn't notice anything major, however when I used my 2nd stampede on Sha of Anger 25N my game froze up for a second but was fine afterwards. There were no complains of lag from anyone else though.

It never used to happen, but today while doing terrace LFR, every time I used stampede I could barely do anything. After the raid I complained about the issue to a guildy druid that did the raid with me and he said he also had weird fps drops, after talking a bit more it was at the times when I used stampede, at the start of the fight and close to the end. I have a feeling something was broken last batch of hotfixes or at the weekly maintenance.
    I have a 10 ma raid later today and will see if it also happens there.

Deleted
    Raiding on a more or less shitty computer and whenever I use stampede it lags for like 3 seconds every time (10 man raiding), while being in a 5 man group or even solo it still freezes for about a second. For me it doesn't matter if I pop stampede or another hunter, freeze is always the same for me.

So yes a good computer is definitely helping with this, one thing I did notice though is when I use stampede on Sha of Fear it lags instead of freezing for a good 20 secs... and others in my group also report lags so there might be something to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Fortunately I personally haven't been having issues with it, but it's crippling to a few of our other raid members. And as irritating as it is for me to just completely pull a high damage cooldown from use, it's not worth knocking even a single other player out of commission.

Of course now it causes me to worry on every other fight - "if I use stampede here am I going to freeze up 3 people?". Really sucks.

I'm not sure I buy the argument that "there are now 5 more moving targets on the screen" and their clients can't handle it or whatever. Pretty sure our DKs use AOTD at the start of that fight, and that's even more new targets. Also pretty sure all of our hunters use the stampede glyph, so they don't really all have different behaviors. I'll test snake trap at around the normal time we'd use stampede next time we're on amber shaper. But I'm pretty sure it's just something wrong specific to stampede. Unfortunately further testing will be difficult because my raid as a whole is now very much against the use of stampede. I sort of wish I never made it public knowledge to the raid and just told the hunters to stop using it, as now they are going to blame anything and everything that lags them on it.
    AotD is multipe of the same ghouls hitting for a known amount of damage.

Stampede is summoning 4 of your pets from your stable, with the buffs they autocast, anything else they autocast, with the spec they were in, with the stance they were in, etc. Lots more to process, especially if your pet is casting a raid wide buff at that point and the game has to say "Oh hey, you have this buff now for 30s!"