Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So I started doing this new thing...

I was bored today and sitting in org, im playing a new alt and leveling engineering. Long story short i have 14 explosive sheep in my inventory... They are only worth 1.2 gold altogether so they are barely worth selling. I notice a mailbox nearby. The first idea that popped into my head was to send them to a friend and make some joke that they probably wouldn't even find funny. That's when it happened.

Some guy walked by with a name I liked. Why not send these 14 sheep to this guy? Surely he would enjoy the surprise! Who doesn't like opening a mailbox and finding 14 sheep stuffed in there, and wait THEY EXPLODE? This is like Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate) but with EXPLOSIONS. It was at this moment that it struck. My idea. I'm going to travel Azeroth, the Outlands, Northrend, and Pandaria to find the most obscure and (probably) trivial objects that I can find and send them to random people I see logged into the game nearby me when I get to a mailbox.

I CHALLENGE YOU FRIENDS. I challenge you to do the same, go out there, find something weird, whether it be a pretty rock, delicious cave mold, explosive sheep, or some of the zestiest damn clam meat you can find, and send that to someone random. Bonus points if they respond comedically, and even more bonus points if you post the funny response on this thread.

I'll go first. (my character's name is valuemenu btw)

The bottom got a bit cut off, so here's the full letter, I didn't fake this, it's legit.

My grandfather passed away recently, he used to say to me "Valuemenu," he'd say, "Valuemenu, never underestimate the value of clams. Especially the zesty ones."

I never forgot that great man, just as I'm sure the victims of the great clam massacre won't forget his name. "Tom, the clam-gorger".

As I said, he passed recently and left me these clams. I've always hated clams. I thought you should have them.

How do I know you? You're in the AH in front of me right now. I'm watching you.

-V

Now get out there and have fun.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

simply brilliant all the junk in my bank will now be useful as last, will try this ASAP I'm off work.

So this is what I should do with the 40 thermal anvils I made leveling engineering...

Number 3:

Text:

Copper, copper copper.

I enjoy copper, do you enjoy copper?

Let's find out, here is some copper.

Be responsible with it.

Here's a list of things to NOT do with your new copper.

Do NOT:
    -Eat it
    -Throw it at children
    -Force children to eat it
    -Throw Children
    -Eat children
    -Melt it down and drink it
    -Melt it down and reshape it into statues depicting filthy alliance champions
    -Get rid of it (it's a gift, be grateful)
    -Ask me for more

DO
    -Enjoy it

I'm watching you

-V
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2013-01-16 at 08:11 AM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it wrong the first thing I noticed is that the OP is 10 gold short of beeing leet?

Number 4:

Text:

It hurts me to part with this great treasure, but it is time for me to move on, someone else needs to have a turn enjoying the wonder that is...

my old [HEAVY STONE]

Whether you choose to make it into a paperweight, or put googly eyes on it and call it Jessica Biel (ooh-la-la), it is your choice. But really, those are the only two choices. Really, only the second one is viable. This rock doesn't handle paper well, it actually loses to paper in a popular game we play.

Take care of Jess Biel
    -Darsithis

I did something similar to this recently actually.

I was wandering about Shrine gathering flasks and stuff before raid, kinda bored since it was a Tuesday so that means everything reset. Well I see a hunter randomly toss a trap across the bank room. I walk up to it and do a /s "Hey you! You you, hunter (can't remember the name) I know this is yours come over here!" He spun in a circle then fired another trap at the same spot. "Sir you must refrain from leaving these traps about, Pandaren are very inquisitive folk and someone could lose a paw because of your shenanigans." The hunter walks over and goes, "Why should I? I do what I WANT" and starts dancing. (at this time a pandaren player who was walking by slowly starts creeping twords the trap).
    I say to the hunter one more time "Sir please, the Pandaren, they just don't know better. The Shrine of the Two Moon society would deem it a great aid to us if you would stop your actions." At this point, the trap despawns, right as the pandaren was about to step on it too. The hunter does a /cry and says "I.... I am sorry I just wanted attention."
    I reassure him "Do not worry, nobody was harmed. In fact, you seem to have learned from your ways! So you will most likely receive a mail from the SotTM society soon with a small reward." The hunter does a /shrug /cheer and /bow then runs off. At which I tell the pandaren to go about it's business, and he logs out just as I say it xD
    So then I look back at the hunters name and go to a mailbox and write him a little note from the "Shrine of the Two Moons Society" and send him a Primordial Ruby I had in my bag at the time, saying that the gem is quite precious, and it is a reward for being such a help in troubled times.

It was absolutely hilarious to see him just aimlessly and randomly go along with it. The real kicker is that after I was going to send 2 half stacks of int and agil flasks to my bank alt, but forgot I had sent him mail. I send mail and it auto goes to him because I never changed who would receive it, and by this time I notice and accidentally write my bank alts name then realize what I had done, his name already long gone in the chat box xD Luckily, he logged on today for the first time ina while and sent me them back! Maybe because I randomly sent him a gem, or maybe he was just kind.

Long story sorry x.x

Man! Great idea! Now I know what I'll do till 5.2 ha ha ha AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I did something similar to this recently actually.

I was wandering about Shrine gathering flasks and stuff before raid, kinda bored since it was a Tuesday so that means everything reset. Well I see a hunter randomly toss a trap across the bank room. I walk up to it and do a /s "Hey you! You you, hunter (can't remember the name) I know this is yours come over here!" He spun in a circle then fired another trap at the same spot. "Sir you must refrain from leaving these traps about, Pandaren are very inquisitive folk and someone could lose a paw because of your shenanigans." The hunter walks over and goes, "Why should I? I do what I WANT" and starts dancing. (at this time a pandaren player who was walking by slowly starts creeping twords the trap).
    I say to the hunter one more time "Sir please, the Pandaren, they just don't know better. The Shrine of the Two Moon society would deem it a great aid to us if you would stop your actions." At this point, the trap despawns, right as the pandaren was about to step on it too. The hunter does a /cry and says "I.... I am sorry I just wanted attention."
    I reassure him "Do not worry, nobody was harmed. In fact, you seem to have learned from your ways! So you will most likely receive a mail from the SotTM society soon with a small reward." The hunter does a /shrug /cheer and /bow then runs off. At which I tell the pandaren to go about it's business, and he logs out just as I say it xD
    So then I look back at the hunters name and go to a mailbox and write him a little note from the "Shrine of the Two Moons Society" and send him a Primordial Ruby I had in my bag at the time, saying that the gem is quite precious, and it is a reward for being such a help in troubled times.

It was absolutely hilarious to see him just aimlessly and randomly go along with it. The real kicker is that after I was going to send 2 half stacks of int and agil flasks to my bank alt, but forgot I had sent him mail. I send mail and it auto goes to him because I never changed who would receive it, and by this time I notice and accidentally write my bank alts name then realize what I had done, his name already long gone in the chat box xD Luckily, he logged on today for the first time ina while and sent me them back! Maybe because I randomly sent him a gem, or maybe he was just kind.

Long story sorry x.x
    Funny people played along so well! That's really interesting, I love random things.

-Darsithis

Deleted
    I actually do something similar, although it's a little bit less friendly. I have an alt called Goblinmafia which I use to send rotten bear carcasses along with friendly advice to people who repeatedly undercut me on the AH :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulbukh View Post
    I actually do something similar, although it's a little bit less friendly. I have an alt called Goblinmafia which I use to send rotten bear carcasses along with friendly advice to people who repeatedly undercut me on the AH :<
    hahah that is brilliant!

10+ Year Old Account
    i do similar things all the time with friends during raids , we used to trade eachother various useless stuff or throw those annoying skulls/leather balls, and time logout so they cant throw it back... so we started to mailing them back ;] from balls to gray stuff... yesterday i mailed him 17 stacks of pearl milk... glass by glass ... dam he gonna be happy when he discovers it

he dosnt use any mail addon either

xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zulbukh View Post
    Truly epic. If only there were severed horse heads to send them instead.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Truly epic. If only there were severed horse heads to send them instead.
    Try this for your Alliance friends: Severed night Elf Head

Deleted
    Fun idea, a little RP from time to time doesn't hurt

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw man, best idea I've seen around in quite a while. I almost feel like activating my wow account solely to do this! x]
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Aw man, best idea I've seen around in quite a while. I almost feel like activating my wow account solely to do this! x]
    I'm glad people like my idea. Now to log on and see if I got any responses.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I'm glad people like my idea. Now to log on and see if I got any responses.
    Let us know if anyone did
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

So you are basically spamming peope.

When I logged in after Christmas I had a letter in the mail for me. I did not recognize the name on it. There was no text in this letter. Attached was one piece of Coal.

...yeah.