Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Blue says: ilvl 460 by completing Dread Wastes quests. False information????

Note: serious thread, leave ur funny replies elsewhere.

A blue poster said the following thing:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

And saying that LFR is so easy it is not when you need ilvl463 to get in the first one. so you need to do dailys to get gear that gets you up to the ilvl or ofc buy gear at 20-30k gold a piece.
    So just leave the topic.

LFR requires you to have ilvl460, which you can get by completing all the Dread Wastes quests, some Townlong Steppes rewards, and if you're still lacking gear for some reason: heroics/scenarios. You don't need to dailies to get in.
    I can reach ilvl 460 with just completing Dread Wastes quests?? How?? I am Pandaria loremaster and i didn't even reach a average ilvl 450 at the end of the Dread Wastes zone.

So what have i done wrong? I am pretty sure i didn't pick the wrong rewards and if something was an upgrade for me i took it.

I think the blue is telling us false information here.

Yes, he/she is wrong. The highest quest rewards are 450. So unless dailies and VP rewards are counted as "questing", it's not possible to get 460 without doing either dungeons or PvP.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    they must be playing different game cause highest q rewards are ilvl 450 blues...unless you count epic ring / neck for getting exalted with klaxxi/golden lotus

I think they are referring to the fact that if you complete all the quests in Dread Wastes you will be honored with Klaxxi, and can thus buy the honored rep gear. You do not need to do any dailies for klaxxi to get to honored.

If you are on an alt, they get to honored with Shado Pan by questing in townlong now with the rep commedation which you can buy at revered.
    Normally you are just shy of honored (unless you are a human toon). At honored you can get some rep gear.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    they must be playing different game cause highest q rewards are ilvl 450 blues...unless you count epic ring / neck for getting exalted with klaxxi/golden lotus
    This is the only thing I can think of that they could possible mean, besides valor gear, which will be mostly unobtainable except maybe the Klaxxi.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, stretching it a bit thin here, but "Townlong Steppes rewards" could include the valor vendor at Niuzao Temple. Just a thought.

OT: This is definitely incorrect, as the highest ilvl quest rewards are 450 I believe. Perhaps he DOES mean valor gear? With the commendation, you can get well into revered from the quest chain itself, and without it, I'm sure you can get well into honored.

Well ofcourse there bullshitting.

That guy was just trying to combat all the reasonable questions with his own opinion. The fact that Blizzard haven't relieased yet that having no way to gain rep besides daylies, are a bad game-design is astonoshing for me. Clearly there just gonna shoot down anyone that whines about it by now.

I miss the days of grinding tokens, mobs and sometimes daylies. Choice and options - MOP has no diversarity inn solo content pretty much.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-01-16 at 11:07 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    This is the only thing I can think of that they could possible mean, besides valor gear, which will be mostly unobtainable except maybe the Klaxxi.
    Golden Lotus and August Celestials, definitely.

Klaxxi and Shado Pan are both easily obtainable now with the buffs to rep. Klaxxi was always easy to get to honored by questing in dread wastes, but now with the 100% rep gain commendation, you can also get Shado Pan to honored by just doing Kunlai+townlong.

OT: This is definitely incorrect, as the highest ilvl quest rewards are 450 I believe. Perhaps he DOES mean valor gear? With the commendation, you can get well into revered from the quest chain itself, and without it, I'm sure you can get well into honored.
    Without the buff you will get Klaxxi to honored, but shado pan you will be at 3000 and something out of 6000 into friendly by doing the quests in Kunlai+townlong. Doing 1 run of ShadoPan Monastery and killing Sha of Anger will only get you to around 4500/6000 into friendly.

With the buff you almost get Klaxxi to revered, and you definitely get Shado Pan to honored.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-01-16 at 08:58 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Note: serious thread, leave ur funny replies elsewhere.

A blue poster said the following thing:

And saying that LFR is so easy it is not when you need ilvl463 to get in the first one. so you need to do dailys to get gear that gets you up to the ilvl or ofc buy gear at 20-30k gold a piece.
    So just leave the topic.

LFR requires you to have ilvl460, which you can get by completing all the Dread Wastes quests, some Townlong Steppes rewards, and if you're still lacking gear for some reason: heroics/scenarios. You don't need to dailies to get in.
    I can reach ilvl 460 with just completing Dread Wastes quests?? How?? I am Pandaria loremaster and i didn't even reach a average ilvl 450 at the end of the Dread Wastes zone.

So what have i done wrong? I am pretty sure i didn't pick the wrong rewards and if something was an upgrade for me i took it.

I think the blue is telling us false information here.
    Considering you get honored w/ Klaxxi by completing all the quests in Dread Wastes its not a complete lie.

Deleted
    He says that you can get item level 460, which is required to enter LFR, by doing

- Dread Waste quests
    - Townlong Steppes quests
    - heroics and scenarios

So you don't have to do one single daily quest. And that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    He says that you can get item level 460, which is required to enter LFR, by doing

- Dread Waste quests
    - heroics and scenarios

No he says that you can reach ilvl 460 by doing:
    - Dread Waste quests
    And if you still have not reached ilvl460 yet after this you can do
    - heroics and scenarios
    also to fill in the gaps to reach ilvl460.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post

- Dread Waste quests
    - heroics and scenarios

So just leave the topic.

The blue poster only mentions heroics/scenarios if the Dread Wastes quests and Townlong Steppes rewards didnt get you to 460 avg item level though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Well, stretching it a bit thin here, but "Townlong Steppes rewards" could include the valor vendor at Niuzao Temple. Just a thought.

But how do you get Valor without doing Dungeons/Scenarios/Dailies? The blue post basically says you can get to 460 without doing any of those, which is just wrong.

Deleted
    Hmm then he probably confused 460 with 450. Everyone makes mistakes.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah you have to run dungeons to get to ilvl 460, i did it with my alt, wanted to prove to guildmates that it was possible to do lfr without getting one daily reward... it is absolutly possible and doesn´t even take very long
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Ilevel 460 can be earned through the use of crafted gear, the quest rewards from Dread Wastes, maybe the blue ones from Townlong Steppes, and then a few heroic drops. It helps more if you are a caster, cause the 476 Staff from Inscription helps boost you alot more than a 463 + 476 Offhand Fan. It also takes all of five DAYS on an alt to get from Neutral to Exalted with the Klaxxi, if you got the Grand Commendation, and that nets you a 489 Ring. 5 Days worth of dailies is not much to ask for, 40-45 quests total (8-9 dailies x 5 days, depends if you get the set at the lake or not, as it only has 8, the rest have a 9th). It does take 2 weeks to get Exalted w/ Golden Lotus from Neutral with the Grand Commendation effect, but that is another 489 item (necklace).

I got ilevel 460 without touched a scenario or heroic on my Lock, never even did Townlong Steppes either. Had enough JP from Cata/normals to get 2 458s (cloak and bracers), otherwise, it is ALL quest rewards and crafted items. It's doable.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 04:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    But how do you get Valor without doing Dungeons/Scenarios/Dailies? The blue post basically says you can get to 460 without doing any of those, which is just wrong.
    I never spent a point of Valor on anything to reach 460. Nor did I do a Heroic or Scenario.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 04:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NovxSH View Post
    Considering you get honored w/ Klaxxi by completing all the quests in Dread Wastes its not a complete lie.
    Honoured on the first toon. With an alt and the Grand Commendation, it is about 11,000/21,000 Revered on the first day alone.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Draztal is the worst CM ever. He only bullies people and spreads misinformation. He never has a clue what he is talking about. Just look at some of his other posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Draztal is the worst CM ever. He only bullies people and spreads misinformation. He never has a clue what he is talking about. Just look at some of his other posts.
    Statement: I must do dailies to reach ilvl 460 in order to queue for LFR

Blue: No, you don't.

I think he knows what he's talking about, you won't reach it with only via pure questing tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post

You don't need to dailies to get in.
    Was the main point and that is true.

The blue answers an absolute post that states there's only 2 viable ways to LFR; dailies or BoEs from AH or similar. Some in this thread have even called that post reasonable. The blue on the otherside shows that there are alternatives, and even leaves the option open that we may need to do heroics/scenarios.
    As people have mentioned it is quite possible to gear up for lfr without dailies and BoEs, and if you don't have the valour or justice atm when done with the dread wastes, then simply do a few heroics/scenarios.