Something I don't get... (In regards to class specific quests/content)

Apologies if someone else has covered this before. Couldn't see any topics after a search.

Blizz have stated quite a few times that they don't like doing class specific quests or content because not everyone will see it. I've always thought it a bit odd, especially when they kept adding rare pets for hunters to tame with no reward (A 25g piece of vendor trash not withstanding) for other classes.
    How can they keep saying that now that they are adding the Warlock quest for green fire, especially with Warlocks being a fairly under represented class? I get this may be a bit of a ploy to get people to roll more locks to bring some balance to class numbers, but this isn't even just a short quest line. This is quite a nice chunk of content, in terms of shiny vanity stuff, new lore and even a nice purple ring at the end of it, and only one class gets to see that.

I don't really have any way to end this post, apart from, yeah, I don't get it.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ommunity-Upset

Grats for the first "upset" post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously they take small steps at a time, and we will likely see even more class specific stuff in later content. As long as it fits and whatnot.

In this case it is a way to implement the much desired green fire, that so many have begged for all these years. They finally found out a meaningful way to implement it, and so they did.

Other classes will get some class specific content later on, i'm sure of it. They just need to find a meaningful way of doing it, and a proper time for doing it.

Deleted
    I have only started playing during Cata, but I would love to see the removed class-specyfic questlines again.
    The only thing I was able to get that looked a bit lke that, were the two low-lvl instance quests from your class trainer in the capital city, rewarding class-flavoured classic gear.

As for hunters getting rare tames - taming (all the tings!) is what being a hunter is about :P

Deleted
    yeah i doubt strongly well see much of other class content... wait a moment
    druid - druid flight form questline
    rogues - legendary questline...
    casters....

id prefer content for all classes....

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't really compare rare hunter tames to class quests. I imagine it's a lot easier to repaint a dragonhawk than it is to make an "epic" quest chain.

Class quests haven't disappeared completely. They've just become less common over the years as tended to either interfere with the leveling process (demons, stances, etc) or become nearly impossible to do as the content becomes outdated (lock/pally/druid mounts.) They still occasionally add them at endgame where appropriate though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the warlock quest is testing ground to see if people like it enough to develop stuff like this for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    You can't really compare rare hunter tames to class quests. I imagine it's a lot easier to repaint a dragonhawk than it is to make an "epic" quest chain.
    Yeah, but I was more thinking of the challenge tames, such as the Molten Front beasts. Yeah, they are only a recolour, but the unique mechanics were certainly new and only hunters ever got to really deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I think the warlock quest is testing ground to see if people like it enough to develop stuff like this for all classes.
    I hope you are right. I mainly just think these things are ploys to try and get people to play under represented classes more. Its mainly reason I think Rogues got their legendary last expansion.