Deleted

Random "lag" spikes during games.

Hello!
    Yesterday I started having some "lag" spikes during ANY game. I'm not sure if it's lag, because my ping is 26/27 for the whole time. I even raided yesterday night without any issue, but when I played LoL was really unbearable :S
    I tried repairing the game and even reinstalling it: nothing changed.
    Sometimes the game stops, then after a while I see everything happened in the meanwhile at high speed >.>, while sometimes it says "attempting to reconnect".

What do you think it can be?

It is a ping problem, If i am not mistaken everyone has been getting them over the last few days, it is not normal for it to go as far as "attempting to reconnect" though.

This issue has lost my team 3 ranked games in the past 3 days unfortunately but riot have said they are fixing it and no one on my team had anything like this last night so I assumed it is cleared up

Deleted
    If it's during any game and your ping stays low it could be your hard drive.

I had something similar happening to me in WoW exactly like you were having. Eventually as far as I could tell there was a messed up hop (not personal ISP) between me and Blizzard's servers, which is why it only happens in one or a few games based on sever location, that would randomly drop packets for a time causing everything you do to 'lag out' until the hop starts functioning again or you route to the servers is changed and all the packets are sent making everything go 'light speed'. It took like a month for the server to get fixed, or taken off routing duty.
    Last edited by Balmazer; 2013-01-16 at 12:46 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Defragment (I'd recommend Refraggler software) your HDD if you haven't in a while. And well, I guess this is fine but make sure you have a bit of free memory, like 20-30% etc that let's every possible program keep working on the background without annoying your games performance.

Every time I've got those "lag spikes" looking like the game kind of "blinks" it's a memory problem-

Deleted
    I will defragment...but i still hope it's an issue on their side!
    It feels a bit weird that it occured in a night :S

Thanks everyone <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I had some issues with lag yesterday, and I'm on my university internet which is remarkably fast. So I don't think it's my connection. It could be, but I doubt it.

In the past there have been times where the problem has been on Riot's end. I kinda hope this is one of them because it would suck to play this whole semester with random lag >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negation View Post
    I will defragment...but i still hope it's an issue on their side!
    It feels a bit weird that it occured in a night :S

Thanks everyone <3
    I'd rather have it be a problem on my end, as those tend to be a lot easier to fix.

it happens to me now to . What should i do to fix it out ?

Deleted
    Ive had random lag spikes ever since the Vi patch. It has killed me in several games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was having client issues (not the in-game client) yesterday and the day before for some reason. Stopped today but whenever I was joining a game or in the lobby for a game it would lag out and I would miss bans, champion selection, or even being able to join a game.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I was having client issues (not the in-game client) yesterday and the day before for some reason. Stopped today but whenever I was joining a game or in the lobby for a game it would lag out and I would miss bans, champion selection, or even being able to join a game.
    I had random lag today that got me killed once and almost a second time. I was sitting in a bush and just started AAing the minions. I was playing Vayne and had decent lifesteal, so I actually almost lived while my support Elise tried to kill them.

Then after the game LoL bugged out so I couldn't go to the score screen and it took me 3 tries to log back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I had random lag today that got me killed once and almost a second time. I was sitting in a bush and just started AAing the minions. I was playing Vayne and had decent lifesteal, so I actually almost lived while my support Elise tried to kill them.

Then after the game LoL bugged out so I couldn't go to the score screen and it took me 3 tries to log back in.
    Tell the internet it's a noob and should l2p, maybe then it will play better and help you out more... Because that's how you get it to play better, by insulting them.

(not)
    EDIT: Axethor lied and just doesn't know how to play. That lag was him reaching for pretzels on his table.
    Hey everyone

One of my old WoW friends (met him when I joined the guild Im in currently, though dont play WoW anymore) was telling me about this when we were playing Together. Once told me his ping skyrocketed to 1600 :O. Think it is either a server problem, or a ping problem.

Deleted
    Today's patch seems to have fixed my problems Hope that yours are gone aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negation View Post
    Today's patch seems to have fixed my problems Hope that yours are gone aswell
    I wish, they got worse. I couldn't do anything for the first 5 minutes of my last game.

Deleted
    bump

I'm having the same problem.

Today I repaired my client and it seemed like it worked, but 10 minutes into the game it happened again and i kept getting lag spikes upwards of 3000 ping that made me go from 4/1 to 6/7. They happened every 30 seconds or so for at least 10 seconds each. There's no downloading or uploading going on and my brother, who uses iLoL on a Mac, isn't having any trouble.

Windows 7
    Wireless connection through O2 ISP
    I'm only at 20% Fragmentation so I doubt that would fix it.

Deleted
    I think we all have those problems with lag you talk about every single game. So do not even worry. ; )

I've been getting the same thing for the past week or so. My speed will just cut out, even though my displayed ping will be about 24ms. It'll then attempt to reconnect, and when I can act my ping will sky rocket, and eventually settle. It'll happen every 10 minutes or so. I'm with Sky Broadband in the UK, and they haven't yet detected any issues on the line.
    RETH