Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I wish more people who actually read books would post in the top 10 authors thread. Most of the people posting haven't really read much at all
    Glen Cook is probably the only author I adore that people probably haven't heard of. Everyone else is probably already in that list, and for good reason.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    So my mother says
    ^_^

But often I think people just get pissed because I refuse to respect their garbage-based opinion. Itsamuth does that all the time, ranting about how I don't believe his opinion over academic studies
    Girls are never right. It's a fundamental truth!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I wish more people who actually read books would post in the top 10 authors thread. Most of the people posting haven't really read much at all
    I just took a look at that thread. Can I marry Kasierith?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well no I deserved them. But I'm sorry, most of the people on the rogue forum need to be told they're fucking retarded.
    If by "the rogue forum" you mean "the WoW forum".

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Glen Cook is probably the only author I adore that people probably haven't heard of. Everyone else is probably already in that list, and for good reason.
    His Garrett P.I. series is seriously one of my favorite series ever. EVAR.

@SemSem -> This one! http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...antasy-authors

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea it was still going tbh.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account

I actually haven't read many in that series :-/

I keep meaning to but then I find one of his one-off sci fi books sitting alone and forgotten on a shelf in the bookstore, and I. MUST. SAVE IT!

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:46 AM ----------

I think she's already taken, isn't she? Besides, she's in the US right now! We'll never let her leave!

* laughs evilly
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Ive not read any of Cook's sci-fi, but I've read his Black Company, Garret P.I., and Instrumentalities stuff.

She's mine! Mine I say!

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 09:48 AM ----------

Oh. Like who ever goes into that forum =/

I'm pretty sure Kasierith is actually a guy. Since we all know girls are stupid. /Cue Laize!

If by "the rogue forum" you mean "the WoW forum".
    Probably. But the rogue forums (even here) always have a special talent for making me cry. When I feel like finding proof that eugenics is good, rogue forums will be my very first link.

[/COLOR]

I think she's already taken, isn't she? Besides, she's in the US right now! We'll never let her leave!

* laughs evilly
    Fine, we'll just have an online affair in which we read books all day every day

I need to find new authors and read more books. MORE BOOKS. Sucks dick being poor and not being able to buy books, the local library has like 20 books in English. Also people need to stop buying me half-complete series, HOW DO I GET THE OTHER FUCKING HALF?!?! ITS TORTURE YOU FUCKERS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive not read any of Cook's sci-fi, but I've read his Black Company, Garret P.I., and Instrumentalities stuff.
    I love the Instrumentalities series, it's fun seeing a reinvented medieval Europe.

His sci fi is pretty good. Start with the Starfishers series; the first book is a bit byzantine like most of his stuff, but it really hits its stride in the second book and I couldn't put the third book down. Then pick up Passage at Arms, which is probably the best sci fi book I've ever read and is tangentially related to the Starfishers series.

The Dragon Never Sleeps is another good space opera book. I don't think it has anything to do with his other sci fi, though, it's a stand-alone.

Darkwar is probably his best book. The sheer scope of the plot is crazy.

Girls are never right. It's a fundamental truth!
    Pfft you're just jelly :3

10+ Year Old Account
    She's mine! Mine I say!
    Didn't they teach you to share when you were in school?

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 03:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Tell me quickly what's the story, who saw what, and why, and where?
    Let him give a full description, let him answer to Javert!

In this nest of whores and vipers, let one speak who saw it all!
    Who laid hands on this good man here? What's the substance of this brawl?
    I'm going to end up having Les Miserables memorized just by being around you!

Pfft you're just jelly :3
    Quiet, you
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2013-01-17 at 09:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the Instrumentalities series, it's fun seeing a reinvented medieval Europe.

His sci fi is pretty good. Start with the Starfishers series; the first book is a bit byzantine like most of his stuff, but it really hits its stride in the second book and I couldn't put the third book down. Then pick up Passage at Arms, which is probably the best sci fi book I've ever read and is tangentially related to the Starfishers series.

The Dragon Never Sleeps is another good space opera book. I don't think it has anything to do with his other sci fi, though, it's a stand-alone.

Darkwar is probably his best book. The sheer scope of the plot is crazy.
    Thanks for the tip. I really need a new fantasy series to start. Well first I need a job to provide the money to buy the books. But soon. :3

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I really need a new fantasy series to start. Well first I need a job to provide the money to buy the books. But soon. :3
    They don't pay you for modding this place? /retracts mod app he never actually submitted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Ain't that the truth?

If you're new to Glen Cook, you really should start with his Black Company series. I don't know if it's his best, but it's his most balanced and it's a complete series unlike the Instrumentalities (which I'd recommend, except it's ongoing.)

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't pay you for modding this place? /retracts mod app he never actually submitted.
    * laughs hysterically

Paid?! XD

I'm still waiting on the cookies you're supposed to get when you make a successful app!

Ain't that the truth?

If you're new to Glen Cook, you really should start with his Black Company series. I don't know if it's his best, but it's his most balanced and it's a complete series unlike the Instrumentalities (which I'd recommend, except it's ongoing.)
    hes still writing Black Company books following... well if you've gotten to the glittering plains you know what I'm talking about.

Garret P.I. isn't finished either.

I like the Ilium/Olympos duology. Anyone else read that? So choke filled with references, I love it

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 09:56 AM ----------

Didn't they teach you to share when you were in school?
    Must have been in one of the grades I skipped. Like sex-ed.

I like the Ilium/Olympos duology. Anyone else read that? So choke filled with references, I love it
    Is that... Dan Simmons? I much prefer his Hyperion stuff.