Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Hunter DPS in Cata

I know this is a little late, but please bear with me. I saw a thread from Patch 4.2 where a hunter had proved (via screenshots) that he was doing 35k DPS at ilevel 340 on a single-target instance boss fight that lasted well over a minute. How was this possible?

I was doing 100k on Mannoroth when people were bad.

I slept through a Madness LFR (literally, I dozed off and people had moved on to the next target) and managed 70k.

It really depends on the target. Dummy? Ultraxion? Mannoroth?

You'd need to show us the screenshots to tell you. MM has the 100% crit burn phase of Aimed > Steady > Steady until the boss was at 90%, so they could have easily bursted it then called pet and feigned death and their recount would have stayed at whatever DPS was shown when he stopped attacking.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lord Godfrey. I'm looking for the screenshot.

Deleted
    Also there was a bug that allowed you to tame a silithid in AQ with a buff that increased haste (and dmg?) resulting in crazy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    I know this is a little late, but please bear with me. I saw a thread from Patch 4.2 where a hunter had proved (via screenshots) that he was doing 35k DPS at ilevel 340 on a single-target instance boss fight that lasted well over a minute. How was this possible?
    35k wasnt high DPS in cata

Btw, dungeon finder gets the 15% damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    35k wasnt high DPS in cata
    You missed the part that it was at 340 ilvl (blue 5man heroic gear was 346).

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    You missed the part that it was at 340 ilvl (blue 5man heroic gear was 346).
    Now was this before or AFTER the survival nerf of early cata? Because hunters had mad high flat damage numbers in a few of our spells at the beginning, plus the flat damage boosts from hunter's mark and AotH
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Now was this before or AFTER the survival nerf of early cata? Because hunters had mad high flat damage numbers in a few of our spells at the beginning, plus the flat damage boosts from hunter's mark and AotH
    This was done as MM. Here's the link:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-where/page18