Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Diablo 3 - Dueling

Decided to test out dueling on the PTR client 1.0.7. As you can see it didn't work out too well. May the person with the best gear win and the others fall to their demise. Not what I expected after eight months of development...

This wasn't in development for 8 months, team deathmatch was which was delayed or possibly scratched. This is dueling which took all of [insert small number of minutes here] to implement. That's one reason why people are upset. It's literally just having the ability to damage other players and could have easily been in game at launch. Best gear win was the expected outcome of Diablo pvp wasn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    This wasn't in development for 8 months, team deathmatch was which was delayed or possibly scratched. This is dueling which took all of [insert small number of minutes here] to implement.
    Then they should've put this dueling in the release version, if it's that basic and simple.

Giving it too us now hurts even more, because people who don't follow the forums WILL think this is what they've worked on for over half a year.

Kinda makes me want to laugh at these Twitch streamers building their D3 pvp 'Teams', how much they spent and how much time they invested in trying to predict and obtain a top set of gear for it.

Basically pointless when you can still 1-2 shot people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Hopefully they will make it better in the future.

Yeah it's D3, it's a gear game... The fact you expected it to be balanced is ludicrous.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xGr1mx View Post

Decided to test out dueling on the PTR client 1.0.7. As you can see it didn't work out too well. May the person with the best gear win and the others fall to their demise. Not what I expected after eight months of development...
    Pretty sure they have said pvp will not be balanced in this game. I could just be imagining this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor View Post
    Yeah it's D3, it's a gear game... The fact you expected it to be balanced is ludicrous.
    I don't think most people were expecting it to be balanced, only hoping that it wasn't a game of who can one shot the other first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've heard, high health barb tank specs, and high dex DH/monks can live forever with their dodge/mitigation. It's all about figuring out what works in PvP over what works otherwise. You can't just walk in there with a glass cannon spec like 99% of the PvE is, and expect to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Then they should've put this dueling in the release version, if it's that basic and simple.
    This has been said many times and as noted in my original post; it's one of the reasons people are upset it took so long to get this very basic form of pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I don't think most people were expecting it to be balanced, only hoping that it wasn't a game of who can one shot the other first.
    Well, the guy in the video was hardly skilled. I would rather wait till people actually start investing into PvP sets and specs before making a judgement. Personally, this video was not exactly that informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I don't understand how anyone ever thought it would be something else? Besides a lot of people dont have nearly enough defenses atm to complain about this. Everyone built the least amount of defenses required to kill the mobs they wanted and now expect it to work in pvp. It's just silly.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    HOLD THE BUS!!!!!

Better gear = win?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychoblu View Post
    HOLD THE BUS!!!!!

Better gear = win?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?
    Happened in Diablo 2, as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    From what I've heard, high health barb tank specs, and high dex DH/monks can live forever with their dodge/mitigation. It's all about figuring out what works in PvP over what works otherwise. You can't just walk in there with a glass cannon spec like 99% of the PvE is, and expect to win.
    Expecting a hydra build to work in pvp is just wishful thinking anyway.
    Try CM, Archon.

Also expect to get raped by Barbs/ Monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm beginning to think Blizzard has pretty much given up on this game.

So I started playing Diablo TWO again

So here's what I wanna propose to Blizzard: Re-release Diablo 2:LOD and just update the graphics. Viola, smash hit game all over again.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Damn, that looks pathetic. We need some white knights to enlighten everyone else on how they didn't drop the ball on pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    Damn, that looks pathetic. We need some white knights to enlighten everyone else on how they didn't drop the ball on pvp.
    I was just passing by, and even though I am not much fan of D3, but I must tell that you can't have balance and equality in RPG's "PvP", it's a laugh to discuss any serious PvP in this genre. Of course gear will decide outcome. If gear wouldn't be deciding outcome and only "skills" would allow you to win, gear would just become boring and it wouldn't be really stimulating to get better gear.

But knowing how Blizzard works and the fact that too much people can't understand that simple rule (which I described above), be ready to see various caps and penalties to stats/gear/talents/abilities soon. But would you really want it?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's ok guys our overlord jay wilson will fix it he's good at making video games.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    It's ok guys our overlord jay wilson will fix it he's good at making video games.
    No he won't.