Deleted
    Our mastery just needs to be treated exactly as the former Windwalker mastery

their mastery was the proc free tp/bok, and then it became a passive with a fix %, and they introduced a new mastery

WE need the same:

having gift of serpent as a passive with fix %, and having added a new mastery fiting better with our playstyle

I just want them to make Gift of the Serpent a baseline spell for Mistweavers and just totally revamp mastery into something else, similar to what they did with Windwalkers and combo breaker. It's quite easily the worst mastery out of the all healer masteries, and like Reglitch said Gift of the Serpent is a fine spell but it is absolutely god-awful as our mastery.

Edit: Poster above me beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Okay, I did.

Disclaimers: Excluding any gear with Hit. Excluding trinkets. Excluding all cloaks except legendary healer cloak. Excluding socket bonuses. No differentiation between 1H, OH, and 2H pieces was made.

T16 PTR from wowhead (including MW heirloom pieces, which are higher ilvl it seems):
    Mastery: 2/5 Tier pieces, 18/38 (47%) Heroic non-WF non-tier pieces
    Spirit: 5/5 Tier pieces, 26/38 (68%) Heroic non-WF non-tier pieces

Contrast to T15 (TF is different because of Ra-den):
    Mastery: 2/5 Tier pieces, 12/31 (39%) Heroic non-TF non-tier pieces, 15/36 (42%) Heroic Thunderforged pieces
    Spirit: 4/5 Tier pieces, 25/31 (81%) Heroic non-TF non-tier pieces, 28/36 (78%) Heroic Thunderforged pieces

The facts, presented. Spirit looks better, Mastery looks slightly worse. What do you guys make of this?
    Thanks for doing this. Adding numbers provides a much more fact-based basis of discussion than my (slightly hyperbolic?) vaguely-remembered impressions (for example, I had forgotten about some of the crit/mastery and haste/mastery pieces because I had filed them away under "drops that aren't really what I want.")

One thing that's very nice is that we have more options in terms of gear than we have in the previous tiers. 3 boots instead of 2 (one from Ra-Den). 2 belts compared to 2 (one from Ra-Den). 3 bracers instead of 2. Amulets & Rings are pretty much the same, but it seems that there are going to be more gearsets to play around with to find a BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch
    1. At the mercy of the environment, one fight can be 10% pick up rate and another could be 90%
    2. Lags behind initial healing payload but does nothing proactive for the next.
    6. Cannot be picked up by NPCs, disqualifying it for Vailithria, Tsulong, Immerseus-esque fights.
    7. Doesn't spawn on overhealing, cannot be distributed evenly, stepping on one pile of spheres means you absorb all of them and incur hefty amounts of overhealing.
    Obviously, #6 hurts us this tier. Did they say that they were working on a fix so the orbs would work in Proving Grounds? Such a fix would hopefully affect Immerseus, as well.
    Given our overhealing %, how much would a fix to #7 improve the stat? I would say that #1 is the worst offender on the list (maybe why it's listed first?), but I'm wondering how much of an increase in spawn rate you think would be necessary to make the stat more attractive? #2, it looks like they're working on with the 2pc bonus. I'm thinking that it's like the enhance shaman 4pc, they're using the set bonus to test a possible improvement to the class for the next expansion. (Not that the healing game needs more absorbs.)

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    Our mastery just needs to be treated exactly as the former Windwalker mastery

their mastery was the proc free tp/bok, and then it became a passive with a fix %, and they introduced a new mastery

WE need the same:

having gift of serpent as a passive with fix %, and having added a new mastery fiting better with our playstyle
    You're more likely to see a mastery change in 6.0 or maybe 5.5 (they did say a balancing patch post SoO), if it did indeed happen now and GotS was made a baseline with say a 15% chance, you would likely see some number tweaking (mostly down) in certain parts of your toolkit depending on the style of mastery they impliment. Since monk healing isn't exactly terrible even with the complete and utter randomness of your mastery. What type of mastery do you see having more synergy with the monk healing style?

ReM / uplift % chance on heal to smart heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think our mastery should have something to do with Smartheals...

If not, maybe something like our ToT 2pc, with the healing increase (based on matery rating) on ReM per jump.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Quote Originally Posted by Suplift View Post
    i'm sure the numbers you pulled worked out for you, but isn't 12k haste a tad balls'y for ilvl 530? i'm 542ish on live and i'm still at 6k

- - - Updated - - -

Or did you take the amp trinket?
    I took the amp trinket just to get to the BP because I couldn't reforge inside the instance. I run wit 12k on live too. I might drop it for crit to spam more surgings (with the glyph), but on the other hand that would increase the surging's cast time. So I'm not sure how to regem for 5.4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    None of our stats = 0 hps increase.
    Mastery = more orbs // scaling may suck compared to crit but it is still higher then 0
    Have you ever noticed that if you get "lucky" on Primordius with 3-4 stacks of mastery buff (3 stacks is equivalent 15k mastery rating I think) you don't start getting 30% of your total healing from GoTS? Yesterday I got 3 stacks of mastery for 2 min, then refreshed these and got a forth for another 2 min. And you know what was the percentage of GoTS out of my total healing? 16%. Usually it's about 10%. I think that accounts to useless.
    Last edited by Yonie; 2013-08-13 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonie View Post
    Have you ever noticed that if you get "lucky" on Primordius with 3-4 stacks of mastery buff (3 stacks is equivalent 15k mastery rating I think) you don't start getting 30% of your total healing from GoTS. Yesterday I got 3 stacks of mastery for 2 min, then refreshed these and got forth. And you know what was the percentage of GoTS of my total healing? 16%. Usually it's about 10%. I think that accounts to useless.
    Not to mention its a very movement heavy fight wich greatly favours mastery.

Have you ever noticed that if you get "lucky" on Primordius with 3-4 stacks of mastery buff (3 stacks is equivalent 15k mastery rating I think) you don't start getting 30% of your total healing from GoTS? Yesterday I got 3 stacks of mastery for 2 min, then refreshed these and got a forth for another 2 min. And you know what was the percentage of GoTS out of my total healing? 16%. Usually it's about 10%. I think that accounts to useless.
    Do you have any numbers of overheal amounts?

--------
    The 2p t16 is it amount healed, or amount healed + overhealed that gives the final absorb?

If its answered before sorry, sitting on the phone and searching kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 7e7en View Post
    Do you have any numbers of overheal amounts?
    Unfortunately our logs are closed so I can't show them (and they're in Russian anyway ). GoTS overhealed for 38%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonie View Post
    Unfortunately our logs are closed so I can't show them (and they're in Russian anyway ). GoTS overhealed for 38%.
    Reglitch's Spreadsheet has a GoTS section with a WoL import if you want to use that

Deleted
    If the first buff on primordius is mastery, i dispel it asap. Normally i wont dispel a mastery debuff unless all other buffs are away!

Deleted
    Looks like the healer cloak had it's RPPM halved,

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Looks like the healer cloak had it's RPPM halved,
    Do you think that's a change to the base proc chance? or simply reflecting it no longer scaling from haste?

Edit: NM i just saw that its down to 0.54 procs per minute baseline...blargh
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-08-13 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    Hey, my guild mistweaver asked me to post here and ask what he could do to improve. He's not really sure where to begin.
    Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dymonks/simple
    Just from checking the armory and some general rules of thumb:

)Get rid of all those Blue Spirit gems. Only get purple INT/Spirit gems if you want a blue socket bonus, and only for blue sockets with a decent bonus like a good INT chunk. Otherwise, just get INT reds and screw the socket bonus, Spirit is that mediocre.

)He should be able to hit the ~6150 Haste cap as my ilvl is similar to his and I reached it comfortably, but if not he should be losing ~500 of that haste to get back down to the ~3150 breakpoint and pouring everything into INT and Crit.

)Avoid Mastery at all costs, reforge out of it without question, either to reach a haste breakpoint or for more crit otherwise. Spirit isn't much better but at least it's not Mastery, he should never need to reforge into it at the very least.

Beyond that general fight stuff is keeping ReM and Expel Harm on CD and using all his chosen talents to pool and then use as much Chi as possible for steady amounts of Tea. He won't be going crazy with Fistweaving stuff without the LMG so tell him to get that asap, it's SO good the difference without it is literally night and day.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...50577597911040

Gonna shoot this in here too quickly, reply to this. They obviously think it's fine our cooldown does half of everyone elses including a class that has two of them.
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2013-08-13 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Wrong link

Hurrr Its instant!.....

It doesnt matter that its instant when there is time enough for every other channeled cd to do its work in 99.99% of all cases

It's instant, but so is a TFTed Uplift, which we can do 4 times as often....

Do not tell them Uplift is doing the same healing amount They will reduce it >_<

No matter what they do i will still use my entire tool kit and try to be effective. When i see the amount of answers to paladin tweets vs. monk tweets i am a sad sad panda.

Can anyone tell me if
    a) the new RJW is scaling with haste and
    b) Is the healing cloak still better than the dps cloak with it's reduced rppm ?
    We do get eminance healing with CJL and the dps one
    Last edited by anfis; 2013-08-13 at 08:41 PM.