Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    sure

after my raid last night, i'll push to 10k haste to have the EnvM further breakpoint, because
    1) i really liked having lots of haste
    2) i ranked on almost everyboss ( 5th, 6th, 12th on tortos, jinrokh or horridon if i remember well, and other bad ranking)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...3%AEp/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...m/healingDone/
    Not to be the anti-haste zealot in the room, but you ranked because you're using 4 and a half healers (that shaman...wow, using Healing Wave more than Chain Heal on most fights), not because of anything specifically related to your build. Try a fight where you actually have to use more spells than Uplift and Renewing Mist (like, say, Iron Qon) and see how well your 10k haste does for you.

Deleted
    indeed the rankings are something to look for far away

always easier to rank with 4 heal than 6, always easier to rank without fucking disci/hpal

But i FELT confortable, and i really noticed a better chi generation, which is something to consider

Deleted
    We have chi coming out of every orifice with 6141 haste breakpoint. I don't think haste really changes much in actual honesty. Soothing would still give us a lot of chi for spending very little.

I'd like to ask if Serpent's Zeal needs to be up for Xuen to generate healing via Eminence when summoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I'd like to ask if Serpent's Zeal needs to be up for Xuen to generate healing via Eminence when summoned.
    Not as far as I know since Xuen is not considered one of your auto-attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Not as far as I know since Xuen is not considered one of your auto-attacks.
    So, just summon and get heals from him?

Deleted
    Can confirm, you don't.

You don't need Serpent's Zeal. Standard Eminence healing applies, on both the paw damage and Tiger Lightning.

question, I read one person mention using jab occasionally to force chi when needed. with jab at 8% base mana wouldn't it be better to just use a Surging Mist (of course while channeling Soothing Mist) as thats 8.8% but does more healing and you will be channeling soothing (which you couldn't do while jabbing) again costing a little more mana but giving a chance at 2 chi in the same time period? I might be missing something, haven't played my monk since 5.1 and just getting back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by vladimars View Post
    question, I read one person mention using jab occasionally to force chi when needed. with jab at 8% base mana wouldn't it be better to just use a Surging Mist (of course while channeling Soothing Mist) as thats 8.8% but does more healing and you will be channeling soothing (which you couldn't do while jabbing) again costing a little more mana but giving a chance at 2 chi in the same time period? I might be missing something, haven't played my monk since 5.1 and just getting back into it.
    It's a legitimate question, it just depends on the situation and how bad you need chi. If you use jab once to generate chi for a healing spell, you will keep your Muscle Memory proc which you can use later whilst using SM and SrM in a similar situation would require 2 globals to generate the same amount of chi in addition to a probability of generating more chi with SM. So it depends on what you'll need your chi for and how you'll use it. For instant chi on raid wide damage you'll probably want to use jab since it might not be worth spending twice as long to probably generate the same amount of chi and spending a lot more mana for it. If you need more than 1 chi then it's a bit more complicated and that's why we have T30 talents :P

Deleted
    I see the term "A single instance of ReM," used a lot. Can someone clarify what that means for me?

is it one HoT for ~18 seconds, or is it the time between casting ReM and the final jump falling off?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I see the term "A single instance of ReM," used a lot. Can someone clarify what that means for me?

is it one HoT for ~18 seconds, or is it the time between casting ReM and the final jump falling off?
    I would think that it represents a group of three ReM HoTs that originate from using the ability Renewing Mist.

Deleted
    Doing a rework of the spreadsheet and going into further detail, blizzard don't seem to have accounted for the extra initial tick on Soothing Mist :<

This may be a /Facepalm type question but here we go. I have a terrible secondary profession (Herbalism) trying to make it work until I can swap out. Lifeblood gives me 2880 haste every 2 min for 20 secs.
    Currently with my gear I can only hit the 3145 haste cap. With lifeblood I am 120 away from the 6145 cap.
    Is it worth it to sacrifice 120 of another stat for that haste for those higher intensity situations? Coupled with TFT it does heal a TON. My guess is no, but I could not find a definite answer through forums or usage of the spreadsheet. Maybe I am just doing it wrong???

Wrong thread >_< Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Viveka View Post
    This may be a /Facepalm type question but here we go. I have a terrible secondary profession (Herbalism) trying to make it work until I can swap out. Lifeblood gives me 2880 haste every 2 min for 20 secs.
    Currently with my gear I can only hit the 3145 haste cap. With lifeblood I am 120 away from the 6145 cap.
    Is it worth it to sacrifice 120 of another stat for that haste for those higher intensity situations? Coupled with TFT it does heal a TON. My guess is no, but I could not find a definite answer through forums or usage of the spreadsheet. Maybe I am just doing it wrong???
    I'm actually in the same boat :-) Waiting for 5.3 to hit, for the profession catch-up mechanics to be implemented.
    Important thing you forgot: we mistweavers get 50% bonus haste, so that 2880 is actually 4320 haste rating. this brings you over the next ReM and EM hastecap!
    so use it before big raid dmg for the extra ticks from ReM. I was lazy and bound it to TFT, because the update to full duration counts as reapplication (so you get the extra tick for all targets).
    and a bit offtopic: TFT seems to also update everybodys ReM to a 2-jump ReM (if you have 2set)

Anytime you're looking at haste breakpoints, most people are commonly referring to the haste rating that you need while in Tiger stance (going from tiger to serpent stance makes you hit that haste cap). Hitting 3145 while in serpent stance means you're short of the breakpoint still so you'll need more haste.

If you're only able to hit the 3145 breakpoint, I reccomend that you try to have as little haste over (but not under) and then gear/reforge for straight crit until you can reasonably hit the 6145 breakpoint (about 500~505 ilvl should be feasible).

15+ Year Old Account
    Real quick question. Our guild is having me gear up my mistweaver spec for heroic progression. Considering I only played around with it before I really didn't do much with it. So here I am relearning the spec.... Anyway, I need a quick clarification on something. For an average fight should I be aiming for a certain percentage of number of ReM casts and total number of possible cast. for example in a 10 minute fight, I can cast it at most 75 times. If reviewing logs what is a good value saying "I used ReM enough times while keeping up with my other abilities." 85 - 90%+? 70%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Real quick question. Our guild is having me gear up my mistweaver spec for heroic progression. Considering I only played around with it before I really didn't do much with it. So here I am relearning the spec.... Anyway, I need a quick clarification on something. For an average fight should I be aiming for a certain percentage of number of ReM casts and total number of possible cast. for example in a 10 minute fight, I can cast it at most 75 times. If reviewing logs what is a good value saying "I used ReM enough times while keeping up with my other abilities." 85 - 90%+? 70%?
    You go into a fight with full REM applications, you cast it on cooldown, no exceptions.

Deleted
    TFT usage no longer increase ReM healing via 2 set.