Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Personally I'd go for the 4 piece. Also your reforging is really bad, there is no reason not to reforge out of spirit on literally every piece. Maybe you could make a case for a spirit mastery piece but only on 10 man. This is also making your haste absurdly low for your ilvl.
    I see. I guess I'll have to work on my mana tea usage. What haste breakpoint should I aim for, the 6k or 9k?
    Edit: also, did you notice that the legs and head were Warforged? Would this change anything?
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2014-08-07 at 09:33 AM.

The 4 piece is 3-3.5% of your healing on most fights and is a smart heal. The only reason I would consider not taking the 4 piece is because you don't have access to heroic tier legs yet and the legs you linked are HC WF and tbh our set legs and shoulders aren't that great. All things considered though, they are probably going to be pretty similar, but since you have the gear already upgraded, maybe the best choice is to wait till you can have heroic 4 piece.

I plugged your char on amr and you can pretty much hit the 9k cap just reforging and changing your glove enchant without losing any crit. As for mana, just make sure you take advantage of meta procs for free mana with MM, and dont waste chi brew CDs and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Hi sorry if was answered before but 5000replies cant read all: What are best Trinkets for Mistweave DPS? I think the 2 AMP ones but could be 1 AMP 1 other you tell pls.
    Pure DPS I'd say both amp trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    BTW did my testing fail or does caster DPS gem not work on MW Monks? Should I have taken melee DPS Gem?

€dit thank you for your answers.

What the Hell this guide says
    "Mistweavers (PvE) this tier are not the best healers. There are a few reasons as to why:
    No Smart healing
    No Shields
    No Control
    Lack of a raid CD"

All of which is wrong.
    I agree that's pretty funny.. mistweaver healing is overflowing with smart heals, but you do have no shields... unless you count 2p and an extremely lenghty single target cooldown, and mistweavers have no control on their healing in a 25m setting, you'll have tons of renewing mists, but not necessairly on the people you'd want to uplift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    I agree that's pretty funny.. mistweaver healing is overflowing with smart heals, but you do have no shields... unless you count 2p and an extremely lenghty single target cooldown, and mistweavers have no control on their healing in a 25m setting, you'll have tons of renewing mists, but not necessairly on the people you'd want to uplift.
    youre wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    youre wrong
    Ok perhaps an exageration, but renewing mist being rng coupled with uplift requiring ReM on people is a pretty big factor of rng to me

He said you're wrong about mistweavers overflowing with smart heals. You're right about the other stuff. If we actually were overflowing with smart heals we wouldn't have the problem you mentioned about not being able to heal who you want, because smart heals would do it for us. The notion that mistweavers have a ton of smartheals comes from most of our healing being ReM/uplift. At first glance ReM seems to share the same characteristics as smartheals, but like you've said the mechanic is terrible at healing people who actually need it, unlike smart heals. ReM/uplift is the dumbest heal in the game.

Our only tools that can be compared to other healers' smart heals are sck/rjw and eminence. Eminence has bad throughput and isn't really a viable healing tool in high damage phases. Sck/rjw is good but it can't compete with other healers' toolkits by itself.

so i run as a mistweaver for the first time in a lfr. my gear was picked up during SoO raiding and i got some good and some bad stuff, but the gear is ok for 3rd specc. so i wanted to just do fistweaving. my rotation was like this
    jab, tiger, jab, jab, blackout, jab, tiger, jab, tiger and so on. i did not want to put renewing mist out or spend chi on uplift. and i went oom pretty damn fast.
    so i think i cannot really do fistweaving alone or can i? did i miss something? do i need to do more autoattacks and just doing nothing at all?
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    so i run as a mistweaver for the first time in a lfr. my gear was picked up during SoO raiding and i got some good and some bad stuff, but the gear is ok for 3rd specc. so i wanted to just do fistweaving. my rotation was like this
    jab, tiger, jab, jab, blackout, jab, tiger, jab, tiger and so on. i did not want to put renewing mist out or spend chi on uplift. and i went oom pretty damn fast.
    so i think i cannot really do fistweaving alone or can i? did i miss something? do i need to do more autoattacks and just doing nothing at all?
    Using Jab twice in a row is totally pointless, you can only ever have 1 Muscle Memory proc. If you used Jab into ReM or Expel harm instead of a second Jab you would save over 15k mana each time.

You never wanna Jab or SCK/RJW(on 3 or more) when you already have Muscle Memory procced. Those spells have inflated mana costs to prevent cherry picking(jab, jab, uplift), but they proc Muscle Memory which refunds 4% mana when you Blackout Kick or Tiger Palm. Jabbing too often is the easiest way to go oom. Chi Brew is your best friend when fistweaving. A good rotation to get used to it when both charges are up is Jab, Tiger Palm, Jab, Chi Brew, Blackout Kick, Jab, Blackout Kick, Jab, Chi Brew, Blackout Kick, Jab, Blackout Kick. After you run out of Chi Brew charges you can just start Tiger Palming or mixing in Expel Harms/ReMs for the extra Blackout Kick chi. Also, make sure you have the legendary meta gem and you're getting and using as many free Muscle Memory procs as you can.

ok so i HAVE to use RM and EH and stuff. i thought i can do fistweaving just without that. thanks guys.
    13/13

Monk

ok so i HAVE to use RM and EH and stuff. i thought i can do fistweaving just without that. thanks guys.
    Like I said, you can choose to just keep Jab, Tiger Palming. This will stack Vital Mists and then at 5 stacks you can throw a free Surging Mist that will give you the extra chi you need to keep the buff from Blackout Kick up. But mixing in ReM and EH is obviously more healing and not as straining on the mana as it sounds because you'll be generating mana tea faster.

was testing it today, was awesome and had no manaprobs at all. thanks.
    13/13

Monk

I need some help on 25m heroic thok as mistweaver, I'm using RJW CB I'm probably placing 5/8 healers sometimes worse. two shamans two holy paladins and a priest are in front of me in the healing meters, I feel like i'm gonna get bagged if I don't pick it up. I don't actually have logs because we havn't killed him, but I feel I could be doing better. I've done tons of research as well but not much on the internet for 25m heroic mistweaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    I need some help on 25m heroic thok as mistweaver, I'm using RJW CB I'm probably placing 5/8 healers sometimes worse. two shamans two holy paladins and a priest are in front of me in the healing meters, I feel like i'm gonna get bagged if I don't pick it up. I don't actually have logs because we havn't killed him, but I feel I could be doing better. I've done tons of research as well but not much on the internet for 25m heroic mistweaver.
    Sounds normal. We get sniped by absorbs and Healing Rain/Efflo (I assume the Priest is Disc...). You're probably not doing anything significantly wrong. You can try Zen Sphere but it won't make a big difference. Try to drink Mana Tea during fixate phases and keep RJW up for bats.

Xuen for bats if your raid is having trouble with them.

Oh yes, Cleave trinket if you have it! Very useful
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-08-16 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Sounds normal. We get sniped by absorbs and Healing Rain/Efflo (I assume the Priest is Disc...). You're probably not doing anything significantly wrong. You can try Zen Sphere but it won't make a big difference. Try to drink Mana Tea during fixate phases and keep RJW up for bats.

Xuen for bats if your raid is having trouble with them.

Oh yes, Cleave trinket if you have it! Very useful
    The bats actually seem to be the part where the raid falls apart they get them to like 5-10% and then everyone just dies. We've got thok to 15%. but RJW is like 24% of my healing, Maybe I should just try to do more blackout kicks on the bats?

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    The bats actually seem to be the part where the raid falls apart they get them to like 5-10% and then everyone just dies. We've got thok to 15%. but RJW is like 24% of my healing, Maybe I should just try to do more blackout kicks on the bats?
    BOK will do some damage but with the way Eminence works, all the healing will go to one person (who has the lowest HP), so it's not TERRIBLE for healing but it does too much overheal to be OPTIMAL for healing, and especially since it's 25man, the damage you do is kind of trivial in that it won't really make the bats die significantly faster. If you're having trouble with the bats, your raid needs more in the way of healing cooldowns while they're out.

Your healing leader should consider if you can re-use shorter cooldowns (Spirit Shell is a big one, only 1 minute) that are off-cd from the first stack phase. If not, consider where the easiest part is of the first stack phase, and try moving one cooldown from that part of the first stack phase to the bats.

Alternatively, at high stacks, going additional stacks only gains you like ~2-3 seconds of DPS on the boss each. Try moving cooldowns from the higher stacks to the bats (and full-stack earlier in the first stack phase so you don't die without the cds).

Alternatively-alternatively, some raids immediately phase Thok into his fixate phase when the bats come out. This might be a good strategy if your raid's DPS is solid (especially with 4/4 upgrades), but your raid's HPS is lacking, since you lose a lot of boss uptime.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-08-17 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    BOK will do some damage but with the way Eminence works, all the healing will go to one person (who has the lowest HP), so it's not TERRIBLE for healing but it does too much overheal to be OPTIMAL for healing, and especially since it's 25man, the damage you do is kind of trivial in that it won't really make the bats die significantly faster. If you're having trouble with the bats, your raid needs more in the way of healing cooldowns while they're out.

Your healing leader should consider if you can re-use shorter cooldowns (Spirit Shell is a big one, only 1 minute) that are off-cd from the first stack phase. If not, consider where the easiest part is of the first stack phase, and try moving one cooldown from that part of the first stack phase to the bats.

Alternatively, at high stacks, going additional stacks only gains you like ~2-3 seconds of DPS on the boss each. Try moving cooldowns from the higher stacks to the bats (and full-stack earlier in the first stack phase so you don't die without the cds).

Alternatively-alternatively, some raids immediately phase Thok into his fixate phase when the bats come out. This might be a good strategy if your raid's DPS is solid (especially with 4/4 upgrades), but your raid's HPS is lacking, since you lose a lot of boss uptime.
    Thanks I will let my healing leader know this and see if we can move some healer cd's to bats.

RWJ and CB are the way to go for HPS, if you want to stay relevant on meters, it's all about timing:
    - At least one uplift after roar hits
    - CB after one of the roars where your raid gets lower, this depends on your CD asignments, usually for me one of the early ones after Spirit Shells wear off where we don't have any major CDs going so somewhere between 4-7
    - You get to use another CB when you are stacked, but this one just falls on your discretion, be careful to not get interrupted though, as you will get silenced.
    - If your revival is not being used as a CD (I used mine as we stacked to make sure we were all topped off) you can use it right as he transitions into kite phase, the raid will be lowest at this point and you get the most healing out of it. It is pretty good for clearing debuffs during green phase though (if your priests are bad).
    - Keep using TFT and RJW during spread phase, you NEED to take advantage of Meta procs to jab the jailer for this however or you will be tight for mana.
    - Using RJW during meta procs is very good for mana too.
    - Make sure you are never a kite target, basically try to be closer to the boss than the rest of the healers/ranged when he is about to switch targets and you are golden.

As for bats, I call my raid to pop personals a couple of seconds after they are gathered on top of melee, call for DPS to use their potion and blow CDs to fuck them up. Also if you have a DPS druid a BOP Tranq will help a lot during bats and it's a long enough CD that it won't be used in the rotation anyway.

EDIT: even if you all this you aren't going to win the meters anyway, Disc and Shamans require little effort to do much better numbers than us on this fight (or most fights for that matter).
    Last edited by Sonrisa; 2014-08-18 at 03:18 AM.