Thread: bored?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

bored?

anyone else bored with wow? nothing new, same design?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new ?

Right, where would you take wow forward from here, if you were the lead designer, the guy who made the decisions what would you personally do. For the past week I have not even been to Pandaria (apart from raiding) as I have been doing old world quests for the story etc that I have missed.

That is what I love doing.

You just need to find something in the game you like, if you can't do that then it is time to take a break.

Nope, enjoying it. Try playing a different game or actually doing something in it.

It's obvious this thread has been made purely to bash WoW, but ya'no.

Nope, I'm still having a blast. Working on my DK actually atm and it's still fun.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    good thread

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-16 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't enjoyed WoW this much in a long while.

Yeah, back in 2006. Then I learned no matter how good a game was you can't do the same thing forever and expect to like it the same way you did when it was new.

If you're not having fun, look at yourself as well as the game and ask yourself what used to make the game fun for you.

Blizzard does have a problem with being terrified of altering the recipe that got them the success they achieved with WOW, and I think this has kept the game from having a lot of innovation, but I don't think it was enough to make the game a boring game.

I feel this is the best expansion WOW has had overall. I haven't played WOW this much since before my initial burnout in 2006.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    I like the game and have done for over 7 years but Iv just unsubbed and decided to quit for now. WoW is probably in the best state it's been in for years there's tons of content and Blizzard are releasing things at a very fast rate I just feel like it's time for a break at the moment.

I pretty much get bored of MMOs all the time, since I started with FFXI in 2004 all the way to WoW now. Something like being active for 2 months then dropping off completely for 2 weeks, then doing a few dailies in the next week, then PVP, then full-casual participation again for 2 months, rinse, repeat, etc.

It doesn't kill me when I don't cap valor/conquest in a week or I missed a day of dailies/forgot to farm some crops...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Nope, enjoying it. Try playing a different game or actually doing something in it.

It's obvious this thread has been made purely to bash WoW, but ya'no.
    pretty much this.
    and no im not bored, not even a little bit, ive been playing for 3 and half years now, never stopped, and still find something to do ive tried many other mmo's but still, wow is my favorite .

10+ Year Old Account
    idk how someone could get bored this expansion - dailies and scenarios are just such amaaaaaazing content!
    Look! Words!

Not exactly bored, however I am looking forward to see news about the Green Fire questline.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    idk how someone could get bored this expansion - dailies and scenarios are just such amaaaaaazing content!
    Gotta catch them all.

Not joking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Havin' a blast.

Done most of the current stuff at the moment though, so I'm thinking of taking a break 'til 5.2 comes out. That or work on some alts. But everything so far's been pretty fun and I'm looking forwards to the rest of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Gotta catch them all.

Not joking.
    haha no joke indeed, ive never been into collecting pets until mop... now im around 300 uniques... TT

It's kind of disturbing how similar WOW playing is to drug use and extreme thrill seeking.
    People seem to forever be chasing their first high, forever thinking their tolerance for what once gave them a thrill is something they can defeat. The only way to get a semblance of that back is to stop doing it for a long time to let your tolerance sort of go down in that sense. Kind of hilarious as well as disturbing I suppose, not to mention an inflammatory thing to say maybe. :P
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

4 chars working on getting gear > 4 different ways to play the game > choice > fun

I'm only having fun because I have a main that is the almighty (have everything and is the best equipped) and I leveled 3 classes that I wanted so much to play at max. level and raid. Not having myself exhausted of raiding because I try to be invited when a raid needs it. So sometimes I raid with different class and a different role to enjoy what WoW can provide. Sometimes you need to have a different view from the game to learn something new and have that "blast" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    It's kind of disturbing how similar WOW playing is to drug use and extreme thrill seeking.
    People seem to forever be chasing their first high, forever thinking their tolerance for what once gave them a thrill is something they can defeat. The only way to get a semblance of that back is to stop doing it for a long time to let your tolerance sort of go down in that sense. Kind of hilarious as well as disturbing I suppose, not to mention an inflammatory thing to say maybe. :P
    Quite true though ^^

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of disturbing how similar having fun is to drug use and extreme thrill seeking.

Fixed that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    or an ex-girlfriend haha !