Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    You can't even begin to imagine how foolish we think you guys are.
    You can't even imagine how little I give a fuck what the Dutch think of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    You can't even begin to imagine how foolish we think you guys are. Fighting over some 300 years old constitution while children have been shot dead about a month ago.

tip: go online and check US crime figures compared to civilised countries and weep people, something is very VERY wrong with ur "greatest nation on earth..."
    Aside from Homicides, which are by and large in isolated areas of cities with poor minorities away from everyone else, we aren't very bad.

http://www.civitas.org.uk/crime/crim...ecdjan2012.pdf

Note the trends

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-8

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, this certainly sounds like a waste of money.
    The money is already available to the schools. They're just allowing schools to put money towards such whatever measures they need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    The money is already available to the schools. They're just allowing schools to put money towards such whatever measures they need to do.
    I'm referring to the totality of the measures. For example:

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
    I think those are strikingly unlikely to be particularly useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    just because you think its "unfair" doesnt mean its not true. there is innocent blood on the hands of gun lobbyists.
    Actually, the innocent blood is on the hands of the CT courts that prevented Adam Lanza from being committed to a psych hospital, like his mother and guardian asked for.

Try again.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Actually, the innocent blood is on the hands of the CT courts that prevented Adam Lanza from being committed to a psych hospital, like his mother and guardian asked for.

Try again.
    Alternatively, blood's on no one's hands but Lanza's, since we can't just jail everyone who has a guardian that thinks they're nuts. These events are rare and unpredictable, they're really not much of a problem.

"I can't own a gun this is the worst year ever!"

"Oh wait I can own a gun."

"WELL FUCK THE PRESIDENT I MUCH PREFER RACIST BIGOTED PRESIDENTS!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Oh jeebus, do we really need to bring the ridiculous conspiracy theories into this?
    Seems reasonable to expose dishonesty and hypocrisy anywhere it exists. if its fair to demonize the pro-gun folks, then its just as fair to demonize and expose those that willfully exploit the victims.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    So wait, first you say "well Gates V. Illinois voided Aguilar-Spinelli" and now you're linking to shit about Aguilar-Spinelli.
    By broadening the grounds for probable cause.

If it satisfies Aguilar-Spinelli, it's still valid today. They can also use grounds that DON'T meet that bar. "Totality-of-circumstances" is a broader, looser category, not a more restrictive one; it made it easier to get a warrant, not more difficult.

Plus, you're ignoring those other sources that directly contradict you, and citing stuff from that one source which does not corroborate your claim.

You're wrong about hearsay and probable cause. And you're wrong in implying that they couldn't search houses for illegal weapons, which again, was your original claim.

I feel maybe that all our debt was designed on purpose to destroy us. That would make the mega banks the secret rulers. Obama could be nothing but a front man, therefor all this blame on the president would mean you're falling for their trap quite nicely. The president just does as hes told and when everyone hates how things are going they just move in a new puppet to blame it on, then the real people never get caught. In this case he was reelected because people are so oblivious, and want more handouts. I actually believe the Democrat Republican system is just a scam that people dont realize yet to give americans the illusion of choice. There for we always fight amongst ourselves when everything inevitably goes bad by design. They're both controlled by the same higher power which isnt exposed to the public. Even if you think im crazy just think, if we could go back and reverse each nominated candidate and choose the opposite political party, we would have the same results. Time to get the real people behind everything out of there, they are destroying this country to take over it and when they have the guns its over. I know they arent banning them right now its a slow type of salami slicer process. Takes forever but its a guaranteed take over. So basically Obama and Romney were both puppets put in by who really controls our country. Most polls show Romney actually won but they can make Obama win through election fraud. Romney was just a place holder to look like the one that should have saved the country. Just gives people another 4 years to blame who should have voted for who when it does not matter at all. They were both nothing but puppets and the longer people believe in this left right stuff and think the president is the one behind how things are run, just keep arguing a meaningless battle while the real rulers sit back and laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Alternatively, blood's on no one's hands but Lanza's, since we can't just jail everyone who has a guardian that thinks they're nuts. These events are rare and unpredictable, they're really not much of a problem.
    20 dead children and 6 dead adults certainly are a problem.

These executive orders are steps in the right direction.

The "no way in hell this is going to pass" assault weapons ban wasn't, and I really wish Obama had left that shit out of the speech regarding this, but nobody is perfect.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    Not a conservative opinion
    Lost me at 4:00. Intro was lame too. But he does seem like he understands the gun situation and politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    This is good.

None should EVER have an assault weapon for example, you do NOT need a WAR designed weapon.
    *snip*
    ... yea right? why don't you buy a Lookheed Martin F 22 Raptor too?
    I'd love an F22, problem is I dont have the training to use it, like I have the training to use my current collection of weapons, and, I dont have a safe place to store the F22, I DO have a safe place for my current collection of weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    im really curious what the practical use for an assault weapon is other then defending yourself which during something like a home intrusion can protect you from, not like you can take an assault weapon into town. if a mad man was able to get a gun id rather him have a handgun over an assault rifle
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Why in hell was there a cease of research into gun violence?
    In short, because the NRA and their allies on the Hill threatened to defund the Centers for Disease Control unless all the gun research stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Seems reasonable to expose dishonesty and hypocrisy anywhere it exists. if its fair to demonize the pro-gun folks, then its just as fair to demonize and expose those that willfully exploit the victims.
    Except all those have been debunked.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skeptic/comm...making/c7xjgzr

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    because a man from 250years ago is always right in any modern day situation. as great as the founding fathers are they were not necessarily geniuses who knew everything
    I'd be more inclined to listen to that particular dead guy, than to listen to many of the living talking heads

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    20 dead children and 6 dead adults certainly are a problem.
    That doesn't make them a federal public policy problem. A shitload more people die from things that are largely ignored all the time without drawing massive media and political attention.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    if a mad man was able to get a gun id rather him have a handgun over an assault rifle
    Why? How'd that work out at Virginia Tech?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    If someone was determined enough to commit a crime, then they could obtain illegal materials to aide them in their crime. The Colorado shooter who shot up the cinema obtained illegal items to aide him in his crime, and some were even more regulated than guns (Bombs....yeah). Which is another reason I don't believe banning guns would do much good.
    The laws aren't about preventing all criminal activity. People are acting like the purpose of these executive orders should be to prevent any future Sandy Hook events. That can't be done. There will always be a way to get past security with weapons, illegal or not.

The point is to make it difficult enough to limit occurrences like that, to make them as rare and exceptional as we possibly can, rather than allowing pretty much anyone to buy high-capacity semi-automatic weapons that are well-suited to such a massacre. Same reason you criminalize drugs and such; you don't do it to stop drugs, but to manage and reduce the damage they cause.

Saying "it could still happen again" is not proof that these aren't worthwhile changes, and it ignores the entire point. The aim is not just Sandy Hook style events. It's the general and much more widespread problem of gun violence in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    By broadening the grounds for probable cause.

If it satisfies Aguilar-Spinelli, it's still valid today. They can also use grounds that DON'T meet that bar. "Totality-of-circumstances" is a broader, looser category, not a more restrictive one; it made it easier to get a warrant, not more difficult.

Plus, you're ignoring those other sources that directly contradict you, and citing stuff from that one source which does not corroborate your claim.

You're wrong about hearsay and probable cause. And you're wrong in implying that they couldn't search houses for illegal weapons, which again, was your original claim.
    No, my claim is that they cannot execute a search of private property based solely on hearsay. ACTUAL POLICE WORK is done BEFORE the judge grants a warrant. Honestly with as long as it took you to respond I expected a more solid argument other than you trying to twist my original statement to suit your needs.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.