Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

urgent help - uninstall amd driver, pc wont boot

My pc has always been fine since i built it, until now. to cut à long story short, I downloaded the latest amd drivers for my 7950, run the installer, chose the unistall option to get rid of old crap and rebooted my pc. Now comes the problem, it doesn't turn on at all. it doesn't reach the bios it just turns off instantly and keeps trying to restart. Does anyone know how to fix it, I've lost all hope right now. Thanks.

sorry for bad typing I'm on my phone

10+ Year Old Account
    unplug it from the wall, and take the watch battery out of the motherboard for a few minutes

then put the battery back, plug it in and see if it boots

10+ Year Old Account
    I would double check to make sure all the power cables on the motherboard and video card are good, and try reseating the RAM (while the system is off).

It sounds like there was an issue with power, and the act of rebooting it brought it up, not necessarily the drivers.

Deleted
    I already removed the cmos and nothing changed. I also tested another power supply and it didn't boot with that one either

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried reseating the RAM and GPU?

Deleted
    Ha I tested my old gpu to doublecheck and I also reseated the ram to no avail

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 07:45 PM ----------

One thing I found as well is that if I keep pressing the restart buttton it keeps the power running but nothings appears on the screen

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like either your CPU or motherboard has died

Deleted
    From uninstalling Amd drivers? My computer has been running fine all day and it happens exactly the time I removed them? I even rebooted my pc like 10 mins prior to the uninstall

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    From uninstalling Amd drivers? My computer has been running fine all day and it happens exactly the time I removed them? I even rebooted my pc like 10 mins prior to the uninstall
    nah, not related, just a coincidence, as chazus pointed out, it was probably the restart

i've had similar stuff happen before, i went to clean out a computer once and after plugging it back in i found that the PSU had died, it worked just fine 5 minutes earlier

Deleted
    Well I'm ducked then. Bye bye 10+ hours of computing per day. Time to break out the tv and watch this shit all day. Not happy one bit

10+ Year Old Account
    what CPU and motherboard did you have btw?

Deleted
    2500k and gigabyte z68d3b3. Might be able to get another but if it doesn't fix the problem I'm even more screwed lols

10+ Year Old Account
    2500k and gigabyte z68d3b3. Might be able to get another but if it doesn't fix the problem I'm even more screwed lols
    well, the problem is that a no post situation is either a bad cpu or bad mb, and it can be either, so if you want to buy a replacement, you need to take a gamble on which one

however, you can do an educated guess, the fact that it loops with a nopost could mean that the motherboard is at fault

there is also the slight possibility that the CMOS has become corrupt, but it looks like your board may have dual bios, see if you can switch to the secondary bios

How long ago did you buy them? It's possible they're still under warranty(both have a 3 year limited warranty) so you may not be completely out of luck.

Deleted
    Just checked on ebuyer and it says the mobo is out of warranty - I bought it 16 months ago. Not sure about the cpu, I bought it from scan at the same day. Ill check tomorrow, I have work at 4am

CPU, Motherboard or RAM. Could also be a power issue. I'll write a checklist for you.

1. Switch out your RAM modules and use only 1 at the time in each channel. That will tell you if you had a short circuit in a RAM channel or just faulty RAM. If that is your problem.
    2. Check your CPU fan, yes your physical fan. Is it seated properly? Are the CPU fan connectors properly seated?
    3. Many people put only a 4-pin into the 8-pin CPU power, it can sometimes work for a long time and then a windows update or similar "kills" their computer. I get this alot, I would double check if that connector is an 8-pin and if it is, is it properly seated?

If none of the above works, I would try and replace the MB as it is the cheapest part. If that fixes it for you then great. If not you are looking at a faulty CPU and that is a bit more pricey to swap. Hope it's step 1-3, good luck.

edit: Now that I think of it, I remember fixing a PC by switching the GPU to a different PCI-e lane as the original PCI-e lane had been damaged due to a gpu change. I know it's a long-shot as it is rare as hell, but give it a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gigabyte Motherboards have a 3 year warranty. If all else fails and you need to replace it on the cheap, it's covered. Maybe not thorugh ebuyer, but through Gigabyte directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    well, the problem is that a no post situation is either a bad cpu or bad mb, and it can be either, so if you want to buy a replacement, you need to take a gamble on which one

however, you can do an educated guess, the fact that it loops with a nopost could mean that the motherboard is at fault

there is also the slight possibility that the CMOS has become corrupt, but it looks like your board may have dual bios, see if you can switch to the secondary bios
    Nah it always does this whenever I remove my AMD driver, What I generally do is plug in the dvi cable into the dvi MB slot (so it run on the intel 3000hd then rfom there you will be able to re-install the driver.....if you dont have a display port on your mobo....try anothe gpu card, it did work for me.

Now I just use the auto upgrade feature from AMD so this kind of shit doesnt happen anymore. I freaked out the first time I removed the driver to do a fresh install. Nothing was showing up at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Nah it always does this whenever I remove my AMD driver, What I generally do is plug in the dvi cable into the dvi MB slot (so it run on the intel 3000hd then rfom there you will be able to re-install the driver.....if you dont have a display port on your mobo....try anothe gpu card, it did work for me.

Now I just use the auto upgrade feature from AMD so this kind of shit doesnt happen anymore. I freaked out the first time I removed the driver to do a fresh install. Nothing was showing up at all.
    nothing showing up is not the same as a no-post situation

Check the mobo for any burst capacitors as well or any that are cracked. Get a new cmos battery and replace it, check the ram one slot/one chip at a time and dont put your gpu in. Connect your monitor to the motherboard output. Also look to see if the fan is running at 100% speed when it powers on. Id also disconnect any Sata connected and usb devices
    Does Warlock Stuffz