Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I got a Ladle, damn you Morgan!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I started to reclass many of my units back to base classes, because they do learn some quite nice skills (Movement +1, Miracle and Despoil for example). Only problem, my stats are extremely bad now (because of the low stat cap). Meh. xD

Deleted
    Yah, Armsthrift is amazing with 50+ Luck. Using forged Brave weapons and Celica's Gales with impunity for the win.

And I think that Miriel is unfaithful. Ricken is her husband and he quite clearly has orange/red hair, yet Laurent turned out blonde? ;_;

Deleted
    Or Ricken could just have coloured hair? Always wanted to be a ginger, but god said no? Thus he started colouring it, and his true colour is blonde!

We'll see soon enough, once ive done the sidequest myself. And in that case, its either her cheating, or Gregor also being a pretend-ginger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    How the hell did you even level up donnel... the guy gets one shot by everything... the only reason i was able to get him to 2 was because of the one scripted archer that's idiotically standing in a corner waiting to get stuffed...
    I came back much, much later after leveling everyone up a significant amount. Then, I paired Fredrick on Donnel. With +6 str (from luckily hitting 30 str at level 20), +2 skl, +2 spd, +5 def, +1 mov, and a mt/hit forged bronze lance, Donnel was significantly stronger than he was probably intended to be. The hard part, then, was choosing units that wouldn't accidentally kill the guys I needed to weaken for him (since he could still get doubled and die in one round).

After that, DLC zombies. No shame.

Deleted
    Seems the hair of Laurent is bugged. Gregor-Laurent conversation:
    G: "Didnt you get anything from me?"
    L: "Well i got your haircolour"
    Say what?...

Since i havent completed the game yet, by the way. After beating the last map, ive heard the game continues after saving. Aka, you start with the last chapter available, but game counting as cleared. Is this right? Just considering quickly finishing it and then focusing on the silly stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that's true. Since you can leave every map you can basically leave the last chapter during preparation and continue to do stuff on the world map. I think you don't actually save the game after beating the last chapter.

Deleted
    Indeed. The only real change is that the current file's Renown will carry over to any newly started game, allowing you to pick up those sweet weapons, stat boosters and whatnot early on.

Up to chapter 14 now atm. Spend my free time at work playing through it and taking my time through the game.

Really fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming Entombed is really fun... D:

Oh well, at least you get like +15 atk if you change from a base class to a promoted class, because you already had such high stats at some point.

Deleted
    Not been here in a while!

Currently working through my Lunatic playthrough. Chapter 2 is certainly the hardest part of the game, after that it's more or less downhill. I'm doing minimal grinding (I grinded only to catch up my other units after Frederic/MU Emblem (by the way +Def MU makes the first few chapters MUCH easier)) and even then I'm not having too much trouble. It's a good challenge.

Currently on Chapter 9 and Libra is doing my head in a bit by being KO'd. On the upside, 20/2 Grandmaster MU is taking like 5 damage from Silvers.

Deleted
    For all the silly npcs, use the rescue staff, problem solved^^

10+ Year Old Account
    C5 on Lunatic, HAAAATEEEEE!!!

Saving Maribelle and Ricken in round 1 is not the problem, but in round 3 or 4 so many enemies are closing in. I could try to block the eastern path, but I fear that the wyvern will simply start to kill Frederick together with the shamans/mages. I could group him with Kellam to increase his defense, but then then some of the enemies (especially the myrmidons/mercenary) start doubling him. And if I equip a lance the axe dudes deal to much damage.

That Lissa, Maribelle and Ricken all get oneshottet by most enemies also doesn't help... xD

God, what to do, what to do... xD

Deleted
    Isn't Chrom strong enough to handle all the Wyvern Knights with his trusty Falchion and a Pair Up buddy? At least mine was at that point. You can pick off any stragglers with Ricken's Elwind and Virion's bows. It's important to not attract the upper Wyvern Knights until reinforcements stop coming as well; the boss, Wyvern Knights and reinforcements on top of each other will be painful.

Deleted
    Thinking of getting Awakening. Is it worth it?

What's the length of the game like? Hard? Easy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post

Buy it.
    27 chapters (including prologue and finale) + 23 side quests + tons of other DLC (for free and for money). Main story will probably take around 20-30 hours, depending how much of the side quests you do.

3 difficulties, normal is the new easy (if you never played Fire Emblem or other tactical RPGs, play on that), hard is probably like normal in other games of the series, lunatic is just that, batshit insane. Do not try that unless you have finished the game at least once (ond hard mode).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Buy it.
    27 chapters (including prologue and finale) + 23 side quests + tons of other DLC (for free and for money). Main story will probably take around 20-30 hours, depending how much of the side quests you do.

3 difficulties, normal is the new easy (if you never played Fire Emblem or other tactical RPGs, play on that), hard is probably like normal in other games of the series, lunatic is just that, batshit insane. Do not try that unless you have finished the game at least once (ond hard mode).
    How does it play?

Is it like HOMM?

Deleted

You should get it, I feel like this is the best Fire Emblem so far.

The length of the game is just as long as any Fire Emblem, main story is around 20-30 chapters.
    However! This game also features a wide selection of Side Chapters, which means that there is far more content in this Fire Emblem installment than other ones. Not to mention the random battles, random merchants, people you can meet on streetpass and the various Spotpass teams you get.
    So far I have about 60 hours in the game and I'm not even finished with it yet, (Although I have been battling a lot of spotpass teams, playing DLC, etc).
    On Normal the game is pretty easy, on Hard the game is hard at the start, but is managable, Lunatic however... is for Lunatics (badum-tsch).
    I could tell you about the amazing OST, voicing, and all that good stuff but I'll stick with what you asked.

TL;DR - Buy the game and never regret buying it.

How does it play?

Is it like HOMM?
    Like any turn based strategy game. Think Tactics Ogre/Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. You command a small army of units [Each with their own personality and ability to support one another] and move on 1 turn and attack. After that comes the NPC Turn, the Enemy Turn and then it's back to your turn. There's like 30-40 classes in the game that all have their own set of skills, which they keep even if they change class. Each unit has their own class, and can reclass to 2 other class sets with the help of an item. This installment of Fire Emblem also features the "Pair up" system, which allows you to combine units for double attacks and increased stats. It's a lot to explain, it's a lot easier to just try the game, really.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-05-06 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Never played a Fire Emblem game before so not really sure. Might buy it on payday.

Deleted
    Its totally worth it if you like turn based games. Like said, your characters gain experience, level up and get stats. You could say its a bit like HoMM but the difference is that its a whole map of turn based instead of a small instance when you challenge a monster. You also dont build more troops for units, they gain exp and stuff instead.
    Go ahead and get it!