Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the Tower option in FE8 there's no real drawback to obtaining awesome characters late on.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Not at all. But still, sometimes one simply feels too lazy to grind up another character when you've got perfectly suitable and already trained alternatives.

Maybe I should do some fun challenge run in a Fire Emblem. One class line only or one gender only?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Not at all. But still, sometimes one simply feels too lazy to grind up another character when you've got perfectly suitable and already trained alternatives.
    Erika campaign omitting the following members.

None of the trainees.
    No Joshua
    No Marisa
    No Cormag
    No Bishops
    No Great Knights.
    No Tower farming for XP.

That was the ruleset I gave myself when I decided to see how to balance FE8. The game is really challenging with that series of restrictions, and playing Erika's campaign you don't have early access to the superior Ephraim.

I found my Fire Emblem Sacred Stones game. Plugged it into my Gameboy Advance SP.

......That feeling when the Nintendo logo comes up but not the "Gameboy Advance" or whatever underneath it. I tried blowing it but it didn't work. :/

This game looks really good, but my biggest concern is that I've never played a fire emblem game before so would i be completely lost if I got this?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    This game looks really good, but my biggest concern is that I've never played a fire emblem game before so would i be completely lost if I got this?
    Most of the games aren't really connected by story, and the ones that are you don't need to play one to understand the other for the most part. This one is original anyway.
    It has a tutorial in the demo for gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Most of the games aren't really connected by story, and the ones that are you don't need to play one to understand the other for the most part. This one is original anyway.
    It has a tutorial in the demo for gameplay.
    Alright sweet, I'll check that out and will most likely be picking this up on release

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I don't think so because usually the first levels are easy, and there is usually a tutorial for new players in each game.

Oh, Fire Emblem is such an amazing series.... I've recently beat Sacred Stones again. My Cormag was so OP. Looking foward to the new 3DS one.
    Sacred Stones and Thracia 776 are my favorites. Altho I like FE7 (The one with Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector, I think), I hate the fact that you always have to start with the tutorial, unless on hard mode, which you have to beat the game to unlock.

Thracia 776 is still my fav, I think, and the hardest. The last stage is completely brutal, with every boss having Wrath as their skills (guaranteed crits on counter-attacks);
    Seisen no Keifu (FE4) is also nice, the Caslte Seizing isn't bad; I don't like not being able to unmount tho, and the graphics are slitghly worse than FE5. And I don't like critical strikes being skill-only.

Deleted
    As for Awakening, there are some shoutouts to earlier games in the series. Then again, might not be all that surprising, seeing as it's kind of an Allstars game that uses a lot of elements from different games, such as marriage and children (FE4), support conversations, skills (most of them), branched promotion paths (FE8), class changes (FE11) and so on.

And yes, Thracia 776 was evil in its purest form. Especially if one didn't abuse the various mechanics handed to you. Also, long-range staves having infinite range in this game? And actual status conditions lasting for the entire map? Nerfplz. Though it does probably have the wimpiest final-final boss, ranking up there with Julius being smacked by a Na(r)ga tome.
    Last edited by mmoc7d4827b7f1; 2013-01-21 at 11:40 PM.

Downloaded the demo the other night, loved it and kept replaying it till 3 am

I just saw Prince Innes and a girl I think it was Aryia in an awakening trailer. What's that about?

Deleted
    Oh yeah, there's a truckload of characters from other Fire Emblem games available through DLC and Spotpass. Can't say what the english speaking market will have available, but I guess we'll get some at least.

Oh, that's rather cool. I hope they have Cormag. He's way too OP to not have. Innes was such a baddie =p Aryia was a powerhouse in FE5. Or maybe they'll have Homer from FE5, he was so OP.

I didn't like much the, uh, Battle Monk class with an axe. Seems weird to have a Monk-related class not using magic. Idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedjen View Post
    Oh, that's rather cool. I hope they have Cormag. He's way too OP to not have. Innes was such a baddie =p Aryia was a powerhouse in FE5. Or maybe they'll have Homer from FE5, he was so OP.
    Serenesforest.net has a list of the DLC on their site. Annoyingly Joshua is not on the FE8 squad.

Super excited for this going after work to pre-order the bundle.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Had been thinking of making a thread about FE myself, you spared me the effort :P

Ive been playing FE ever since the sword of seals came out in japan. So yes, my first FE game was actually played in japanese and i kept testing stuff and managed to clear it :P

So far ive played all the 3 GBA games, the DS remake and the GC and Wii series, and i keep hungering for more! Bit sad that the second DS game didnt make it though.

Am very excited for the 3DS game, it looks really good. Also curious about that crossover in the work for Wii U, but thats for later i guess.

I actually havent looked a lot at the 3DS FE, more than the trailer they showed once. However, by the looks of it, they'll also bring some of the more totally overdone and smashing critical hit animations for the 3DS compared to the shadow dragon. Is nice, since i felt the shadow dragon lacked it.

Deleted
    Muh, do want the game already. Shame that as an European I have to wait until April! ._.

Incidentally, it's amusing watching all the rage on the character spotlights and name changes during localization.

Deleted
    Yep, sucks that it aint released in EU at the same time. We also seemingly dont get the bundle. I am a bit jealous because that 3DS looks AWESOME. But i probably wouldnt get it anyways since i already have one sadly >.<

Did a random search for it today and apparently FE: Awakening will have a japanese voice option! I couldnt be happier about this, since im the kind that prefer the original voices. The previous voiced FE games always made me cringe. Admitedly, from some of the videos ive seen of the translated Awakening, the english voices didnt sound that bad, but i still want original voices :P

So the game comes out today for NA, I'm pretty excited, getting my 3DS bundle.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.