Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to say "jump rope."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to this. It's about time they start bring more reaction-based mechanics back.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I'm all for reaction based mechanics as long as they are client side not server side. I hate fights like heroic vizer where you're clearly not in the way of the orbs but you're getting hit. While you're seeing others just walk through them and not take dmg. There should be a way with phasing so each client has a set of orbs they have to move from.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    I'm all for reaction based mechanics as long as they are client side not server side. I hate fights like heroic vizer where you're clearly not in the way of the orbs but you're getting hit. While you're seeing others just walk through them and not take dmg. There should be a way with phasing so each client has a set of orbs they have to move from.
    Everything client-side is vulnerable to hacks. I am okay with reaction fights as long as they are balanced around latency ~200 or 300 ish.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    This is because it was true for the trash mobs in Stonecore with similar models.
    That ability made me love Stonecore. Well, I liked the boss fights and the aesthetics but having to jump to negate jump on those stone giant mobs was fun. I absolutely love it. I get it that its problematic to people with high ping, but honestly I want them to add more of these jumping mechanics on raid bosses, since high ping won't be excuse there.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Everything client-side is vulnerable to hacks. I am okay with reaction fights as long as they are balanced around latency ~200 or 300 ish.
    I understand that as does everybody else.

My whole issue is that some people have 2-300ms like you suggest and they are almost going to fail on mechanics like this, not because they are awful it's because they just can't get their ms time down. I think we all remember when Northern beasts came on the first week on heroic and people who had over 150ms were basically dead if the charge was on them.

Maybe the do some hit box adjusting on them and make it a tiny bit smaller so if you're on the edge on your screen it doesn't have you in it on their servers type of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadin View Post
    Sounds horrible for people with a highish ping.
    I got to agree, if people have bad framerate in a 25man fight, this would just lead to a call out to never try it again.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I got to agree, if people have bad framerate in a 25man fight, this would just lead to a call out to never try it again.
    Honesty though, if you're experiencing bad framerates in 25m you shouldn't be doing them either. There's no reason to cripple your team because of your computers performance.

Still waiting for jumping to boost Druid healing. Double effect if you do a somersault.

More Tomb Raider mechanics please.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Not like Thaddeus or any fight involving jumping from Platforms.

I mean..well..

Lightning Whip Lei Shen cracks a Lightning Whip across the floor, inflicting 250,000 750,000 Nature damage to enemies within 80 yards infront of him, leaving a lightning bolt behind on the ground. that can be avoided by jumping over it. 500 yd range. 4 sec cast.

What're your thoughts on the ability? It actually sounds like a nifty new mechanic for boss fights!

I like how it worked in Brawler's Arena on Disruptron, but I'm curious as to your input.

Discuss!
    HAHAHAHA enjoy wiping forever australians and asians and anyone with not-so-great PCs, having a .2-.3 second delay on a split second jump for the entire raid is so godamn retarded it's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    HAHAHAHA enjoy wiping forever australians and asians and anyone with not-so-great PCs, having a .2-.3 second delay on a split second jump for the entire raid is so godamn retarded it's unbelievable.
    Yup. Same story for me living in New Zealand. 300ms is the norm for me. in a 25 man raid like LFR its more like 350-400ms.

5 mans it's not so bad. I never failed to jump on stonecore/vortex pinnacle after the first time I did it, to see how bad my latency actually was so I could seen when exactly during the cast I would need to jump to avoid it (usually around the 80%/85% of the cast mark)
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Not like Thaddeus or any fight involving jumping from Platforms.

I mean..well..

Lightning Whip Lei Shen cracks a Lightning Whip across the floor, inflicting 250,000 750,000 Nature damage to enemies within 80 yards infront of him, leaving a lightning bolt behind on the ground. that can be avoided by jumping over it. 500 yd range. 4 sec cast.

What're your thoughts on the ability? It actually sounds like a nifty new mechanic for boss fights!

I like how it worked in Brawler's Arena on Disruptron, but I'm curious as to your input.

Discuss!
    People with higher latency can time their jump based on their own latency and knowing what delay they have. I do it all the time being Australian myself. No issue with what sounds like a cool mechanic

10+ Year Old Account
    your thoughts on the ability? It actually sounds like a nifty new mechanic for boss fights!!
    Last boss in Stormshout Brewery require jumping, so the mechanics is already in the game...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

As someone who used to commonly deal with high latency, what's the problem.

If your latency is consistently high then you should be used to working around it (like I did). I remember running a couple seconds behind in cata and having to hit interrupts way before the bar showed. Worked out fine once I got the hang of it. You should be used to your own latency after a few tries at any mechanic surely?

If your latency is inconsistent this won't be the first or the last time you drag down your raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh this is going to be fucking fantastic for Australians....

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Oh this is going to be fucking fantastic for Australians....
    The first few times, once you have figured out how big the delay is, you just time your jump. Most people will jump at the 3 second mark, with the delay for NZ/AU we will probably jump at the 2 second mark.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    so we'll be fighting the latency boss? those never really work out well
    Never WORK OUT is the golden expression... It's not new and don't have a history of success. BAD, BAD call from Blizzard.

sound fun for oceanic player....
    "if you dont like it, dont play the game! I love the way this game is 100% and nothing should be changed, because beta's aren't meant to improve a game. I will defend this games honor with my life and will refuse that anything bad be said about things that could be improved!"

- The FFXIV Community. (and some of "legacy" player)

Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    might sort out the baddies. Heigan did that and it was great.
    Bads never killed the last boss of a raid, and besides, i don't think this mechanic exists in LFR version of the encounter.