Crossrealm/Accountwide heirlooms

Hello!

An idea came across my mind on how to solve the problem with technical challenges making it impossible to have cross realm heirlooms.

Not knowing exactly what technical difficulties they are having, this is only a suggestion to bypass this if possible. Now to explain my actual idea.

At every racial starting zone, there will be a closet inside one of their main buildings, which can be unlocked. How to unlock this can be dscussed ofcourse, but either through buying access (XX,XXXg, earning a total of XX,XXX JP), an achievement, or a quest. When you buy a heirloom from the heirloom vendor it gets added to this closet, which can be accessed by all your new characters. The heirlooms here could cost a few golds (XXXg) per piece (which reduces the exploit by being able to get full heirloom when rolling on a new realm), and at the same time avoids you having to farm a complete new set of heirlooms on your 2nd realm.

Seeing as how the rep commendations actually work cross realm, adding vendor strings accountwide for each heirloom can't be impossible either.

Again, this is just an idea that crossed my mind earlier today and I wanted to share it with your, obviously there are certain areas where this can be handled a bit diffrently, but I just wanted to give you a general idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    Seeing as how the rep commendations actually work cross realm, adding vendor strings accountwide for each heirloom can't be impossible either.
    Technically, reputation works like mounts/pets being that's it's Account-wide, not necessarily "cross-realm"
    but it's an interesting idea you've got there. I'm sure lots of us would love account-wide heirloom gear for sure.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Deleted
    I thought a way to do this:

Implement Heirlooms in the same way account-bound mounts are stored.

A Menu that holds all Heirlooms bought on your account, Right click to equip, Done.

I'm sure it isn't as easy as that, but if they can do it with mounts, why not gear? I think the 'technical limits' is bullshit.

We'll hopefully get this soon. It's a feature that alot of people want and it doesn't seem to difficult to add to the game

There is probably 100 ways they could do it and have it ready for 5.2 but they won't, because it will reduce server transfer profit. Like any good company, Blizzard cares primarily about money, and nobody is going to quit because they can't mail heirlooms around, so they won't fix it. Sometimes a wild fanboy will appear and try to convince you that there are some kind of epic technical problem with making this happen but that's just flat out shenanigans. Blizzard has the money and expertise to make whatever they want happen, within reason, and this is certainly within reason. The problem is, they don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraitorian View Post
    I thought a way to do this:

Implement Heirlooms in the same way account-bound mounts are stored.

A Menu that holds all Heirlooms bought on your account, Right click to equip, Done.

I'm sure it isn't as easy as that, but if they can do it with mounts, why not gear? I think the 'technical limits' is bullshit.
    just make them a tab within mounts & pets, so itll be the Account wide tab. Mounts, pets & Heirlooms.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Sounds like an excellent idea that I personally would love to see implemented.
    Sadly though all the time they charge for server transfers they won't introduce anyway to cross realm them.

That seems liek a really cool idea, and if i were a new player I would be really curious as to what the "closet" is there in the corner

They created new heirlooms.... instead of upgrading the previous ones.
    I think if they will not be available cross-realm.. then we just should forget the whole idea.