Thread: New Smokebomb

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

New Smokebomb

Sorry but this might be a stupid question, but does it still function that players can't target into it? It seems to me like they've added it as a raid CD to reduce damage by 20% to all players within it? Or am I wrong?

If so I'm happy with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Sorry but this might be a stupid question, but does it still function that players can't target into it? It seems to me like they've added it as a raid CD to reduce damage by 20% to all players within it? Or am I wrong?

If so I'm happy with that!
    Smoke Bomb Creates a cloud of thick smoke in an 8 yard radius around the Rogue for 5 sec. Enemies are unable to target into or out of the smoke cloud. Allies take 20% less damage while within the cloud. Instant. 3 min cooldown.
    Blocks LoS and reduces damage. Still pretty shitty with limited use, but I guess it's something.

I would much rather see something like Stormlash Totem or Skull Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I would much rather see something like Stormlash Totem or Skull Banner.
    I agree. Rogues being the only melee pure dps class, it makes sense to give us a raid wide dps CD.

20% solid damage reduction for the entire raid is very strong for a dps class, it needs to have a fair drawback of being on usable when everyone is stacked up - this happens more often than you care to think, most phases of strong raid damage occur in such a way to encourage AoE healing which requires close formations.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

raid wide, it's 8 yards, pally got a 40 yard one with spell and interupt immunities, once again we get something like other classes have, just not as good as them but it's better than nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    raid wide, it's 8 yards, pally got a 40 yard one with spell and interupt immunities, once again we get something like other classes have, just not as good as them but it's better than nothing
    The paladin one, Devotion Aura, comes from a healing spec and only effects spell damage. We're a pure dps class getting something that literally stops 20% incoming damage (on top of blocking outside spell attacks). I think it's pretty decent and the 8 yard stipulation, whilst somewhat small, is fair.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Very Happy,
    7 Seconds damage reduction ( Glypthed) for fights like HC bladelord on stacked phase at the end is quite awsome.
    Thank you Blizzard

It will be useful, but it's pretty damn lame. Compare it to some similar abilities:
    • Barrier: 25% damage reduction, prevents pushback, 7yd radius, 10s duration, 3m CD
    • Devo Aura: 20% magic damage reduction, prevents silence/interrupt, raidwide, 6s duration, 3m CD
    • Avert Harm+Zen Med: 20% damage reduction/monk takes 2%/redirects 5 spells to monk, raidwide, 6s duration, 3m CD
    • Smokebomb: 20% damage reduction, blocks LoS, 8yd radius, 5s duration (7s glyphed), 3m CD

I suppose Barrier is used fairly often this tier, but it's also far superior. We got a weakass Barrier.

It's nice they're giving us some actual raid utility, but this is a weird way to do it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    The paladin one, Devotion Aura, comes from a healing spec.
    Devo Aura is baseline. Aura Mastery was hPally only, which was the same thing when used with Res Aura.

sucks balls imo id rather see something new instead of this recycled dmg reduction cd witch we have better versions of on other classes
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

It's a nice addition that gives purpose to an ability that never really saw much use in a raid setting. It's a bonus with zero drawbacks.

But, of course, you can see people are already complaining about it. As if they had known all along it was going to be changed but it somehow didn't meet their mighty expectations.

Just so long as the LoS mechanic from using it doesn't cause bosses to bug out or evade like they did in T11.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2013-01-17 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I agree. Rogues being the only melee pure dps class, it makes sense to give us a raid wide dps CD.
    "pure melee dps" ? half of your damage is nature damage.

if any class is "pure melee dps" it's warriors lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    "pure melee dps" ? half of your damage is nature damage.

if any class is "pure melee dps" it's warriors lol
    And what range do rogues do that nature damage in? It rhymes with schmelee. Warriors are pure physical. Unless you think hunters magically became melee. Warriors miss the pure definition because they can tank.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    It will be useful, but it's pretty damn lame. Compare it to some similar abilities:
    Barrier: 25% damage reduction, prevents pushback, 7yd radius, 10s duration, 3m CD
    Doesn't barrier have a damage limit?

Quit complaining! It's RAID UTILITY. Something Rogues are desperately short of. Not everything is about DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Awesome! Heres hoping they change the glyph to no longer block line of sight, increase duration to 10 sec and radius to 10 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Quit complaining! It's RAID UTILITY. Something Rogues are desperately short of. Not everything is about DPS.
    its raid utility witch is not needed with its limits i have at least 4 classes who have those kind of CD's in our raid and we never were in a situation were we had to say "damn we miss one CD with DMG reduction boss is too hard without it " i'd like to see something more usefull something unique like the skullbanner witch is warriors only make it a DPS CD where you WANT/NEED a rogue in your raid. Its about time rogues get their uniqness back with this we are just another DMG reducing class with a limited use of this ability
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2013-01-17 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    its raid utility witch is not needed with its limits i have at least 4 classes who have those kind of CD's in our raid and we never were in a situation were we had to say "damn we miss one CD with DMG reduction boss is too hard without it " i'd like to see something more usefull something unique like the skullbanner witch is warriors only make it a DPS CD where you WANT/NEED a rogue in your raid. Its about time rogues get their uniqness back with this we are just another DMG reducing class with a limited use of this ability
    Well that is your raid, in my raid group 10m , I have said numerous times I wish I had a raid cd to use. I can mitigate plenty of damage myself but none to other players and now I will be able to.

Deleted
    Very nice, but still needs halfed CD+glyph removed, or back on prep+glyph removed.

Think there's a lot of hate here. The range might seem small, but an organised team will stack within ~5yards anyway when needed.

Glyphed it lasts longer than devotion aura and applies to all damage. I personally think this really puts rogues in a much stronger position, It would be nice to get an offensive cooldown but it alleviates the whole "not bringing a rogue; no utility."

Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    Think there's a lot of hate here. The range might seem small, but an organised team will stack within ~5yards anyway when needed.

Glyphed it lasts longer than devotion aura and applies to all damage. I personally think this really puts rogues in a much stronger position, It would be nice to get an offensive cooldown but it alleviates the whole "not bringing a rogue; no utility."
    well certain boss mechanics just dont allow staking in certain situations like spirit kings if you stack for more then 3 seconds you risk to wipe because of certain mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Very nice, but still needs halfed CD+glyph removed, or back on prep+glyph removed.
    or flat out 90% dmg reduce to compensate its ineffectivnes
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2013-01-17 at 03:02 AM.