Thread: New Smokebomb

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't stop facepalming after reading all these whines and squeals from some of the "rogues"...

This is an amazing utility for rogues, combine it with baseline Prep and glyph - we have 2 in a row raid-wide close-proximity damage reduction cooldown...
    Unique attribute - it breaks line of sight for hostile missiles. Which is distinct and certainly useful yet situational. Just like paladin's/priest's anti-pushback...

Mod edit: Infracted. Avoid non constructive comments.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-01-18 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretu View Post
    combine it with baseline Prep and glyph - we have 2 in a row raid-wide close-proximity damage reduction cooldown...
    Prep doesn't resets smoke bomb CD.

Why on earth are people comparing healing spec cooldowns, cast by healers with a baseline ability available to all Rogues (who aren't healers)?

I just can't stop facepalming after reading all these whines and squeals from some of the "rogues"...

This is an amazing utility for rogues, combine it with baseline Prep and glyph - we have 2 in a row raid-wide close-proximity damage reduction cooldown...
    Unique attribute - it breaks line of sight for hostile missiles. Which is distinct and certainly useful yet situational. Just like paladin's/priest's anti-pushback...
    i just can't stop facepalming abour your comment right now obviously you dont play rogue since cata where prep reset smoke
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted

Incredibly arrogant, not to mention wrong. Don't claim moral superiority only to appear ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    BECAUSE on certain fights standing still for 7 seconds would mean a wipe how hard is it to understand? its position requirement makes it unattraktive as a raid CD
    a good example would be spirit kings only time where you stack is first and last boss witch is 1/2 of the fight and even then you dont have the time to stand still for 7 seconds because of all the special abiltys from the boss
    It's not hard to understand I've already acknowledged that point, and I was clearly contrasting it to AMZ and PWB. The same goes for them but they are still perfectly fine cooldowns. Yes you've pointed out examples where it won't work, but other classes suffer the same problem and the way I see it we are no longer being tossed to the side..

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Why on earth are people comparing healing spec cooldowns, cast by healers with a baseline ability available to all Rogues (who aren't healers)?
    Well, i don't like this kind of comparisons too - especially because healers CD serve a different purpose.

Anyway a raid utility won't do bad; it's an additional tool we can use.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

All of the cooldowns I listed are available for dps.

Deleted
    Buffing Smoke bomb will destroy pvp. Rogues would be even more OP than they are becoming in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    Buffing Smoke bomb will destroy pvp. Rogues would be even more OP than they are becoming in 5.2.
    there is a sulotion to this already someone posted here to make a glyph instead of buffing it 20% this glyph would include the range of smokebomb being 40 yards and 20% reduction while active but you lose the nontarget aspect of it

Deleted
    there is a sulotion to this already someone posted here to make a glyph instead of buffing it 20% this glyph would include the range of smokebomb being 40 yards and 20% reduction while active but you lose the nontarget aspect of it
    Then I want a couple of more glyph slots plz

You cant solve everything with a glyph.

And no, 20 % less damage for 5 seconds isnt going to break pvp, as it already negated more than half of all classes dmg outside the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    Get off your horse with no name bro. Buffing smokebomb to include 5 or 7 seconds of "takes 20% less damage" isn't going to break shit. If you are making the rogue blow smokebomb to be barkskin, seriously, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Then I want a couple of more glyph slots plz

You cant solve everything with a glyph.

And no, 20 % less damage for 5 seconds isnt going to break pvp, as it already negated more than half of all classes dmg outside the bomb.
    well i dont know how many glyphs you actually NEED in my case i need 1 slot of major glyph on assassination and 2 on combat all other slots are well usless slots where i took useless stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Devo Aura, Banner, Tranquility, Healing Tide Totem, Vampiric Embrace, and probably many others are as good or better than smoke bomb's 20% damage reduction in an 7 yard range.
    Where is the warlock raid cooldown. Where is the hunter raid cooldown. Where is the mage raid cooldown. Seriously.

But if you think this rogue ability should be the same as a hybrid...

Healing tide totem is crap outside of resto ancestral guidance is a much better cd in terms of healing done, but it is also dependent on the shaman's damage cooldowns to do the kind of healing that would come close to or out do a well-timed 20% raid cooldown. Dk Amz was mentioned earlier, its really really situational, also requires stacking only absorbs around 170k damage total (not per person). Druid tranq with heart of the wild is one of the best cooldowns out there, but heart of the wild is 8 min cd and also is a dps loss compared to the other options. Vampiric embrace is the weakest of all of passive heal cooldowns and only is competitive under execute or +dmg buff fights. Devo aura is pretty weak considering the hardest hitting raid aoe (namely force and verve) and almost all of the hard hitting abilities in HoF are physical/sonic however due to the non-need to stack I would rate it at about even with the rogue cd.

Warriors with demo banner crit banner rallying cry and aoe slow aoe stun + vigilance/safeguard and die by the sword emergency offtanking is a bit much though.

Still, you are being ridiculously ungrateful. I do not think you need or deserve this new ability.

The only "healing spec cooldown" I saw compared (and not by me) was disc's bubble. Devo aura, tranquility, etc are not healing spec cd's. In fact the only 'raid wide' healing spec cd's I can think of off hand are disc's bubble and resto shaman's totem. So everything but the disc bubble was a comparison to a raid cd that a dps brings.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Where is the warlock raid cooldown. Where is the hunter raid cooldown. Where is the mage raid cooldown. Seriously.
    Warlock raid cd? HEALTHSTONES! Yeah each individual uses them independently but its still from the warlock and for the whole raid. They are 100% unique and absolutely amazing. I would also argue their new portal fits into that category, but thats certainly arguable. Mages have time warp, which yeah other people bring, but its still a raid cd. Hunters can also bring lust. So yeah they do all have one. Now I could agree mages/hunters kinda got the short stick as you only need 1 person who can cast in the whole raid (barring some kind of phasing thing where you can pop it for certain groups at certain times) but you don't generally see them underrepresented (especially mages) because they are ranged.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-01-19 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    raid wide, it's 8 yards, pally got a 40 yard one with spell and interupt immunities, once again we get something like other classes have, just not as good as them but it's better than nothing
    Paladin only affects magical damage. All 3 specs can use it though. Lasts 6 seconds.

Rogue affects ALL damage. The stacking part, well, Disc Priests, DKs, Warriors, ect, ect, generally have to be stacked up. You also have Tricks for utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Where is the warlock raid cooldown.
    healthstone, curse of elements, gateway.
    Where is the hunter raid cooldown.
    Are you kidding? hunters have almost all of them They even have MoTw if they farm the crab...

Where is the mage raid cooldown. Seriously.
    Timewarp, table.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Paladin only affects magical damage. All 3 specs can use it though. Lasts 6 seconds.

Rogue affects ALL damage. The stacking part, well, Disc Priests, DKs, Warriors, ect, ect, generally have to be stacked up. You also have Tricks for utility.
    Unless I read the demo banner wrong, no they don't have to be stacked. You just need the banner itself to be dropped next to the mob you want to do less damage, and I can't think of a raid encounter in all of WoW that has a really high damage phase with a boss that doesn't stand still for even 10 seconds and movs all over the place except for Nef in cata during air phase (yeah I'm sure some one else can name another one, but point is, extremely, extremely rare) and its a 30 yard radius so it'd have to be massive movement.

The disc bubble is unquestionably better unless I'm missing something. Tricks ceased to be raid utility when threat became irrelevant. Sure, back in ICC it was solid utility because it allowed your raid's dps to go full out. A single target dps increasing ability is not raid utility. Has tiger's fury ever been raid utility? Take the threat part out and the two are virtually identical (well there is the energy thing that got added to it recently but whatever).

Deleted
    Utility isn't always a raid cooldown.
    No class is better at controlling adds compared to a Hunter, even better as a Survival Hunter with the Entrapment root. This alone is why Hunters are already a very strong addition to a raid group.

Ignore Injin, standard raid buffs aren't a part of class-specific utility.

Deleted
    well i dont know how many glyphs you actually NEED in my case i need 1 slot of major glyph on assassination and 2 on combat all other slots are well usless slots where i took useless stuff
    You need sprint, feint, clos, vendetta/ar and even blind in the current raid tier.