Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    This.

Blizzard doesn't own a copyright on elves, ogres, etc. Much less it be enforceable in China anyway.

Nothing big will happen out of this. Check this out:

"Honda Wins Hongda Suit as China Cracks Down on Piracy (Update5)
    By Kae Inoue - December 24, 2004 03:55 EST

Dec. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Honda Motor Co., the world's biggest maker of motorcycles, won a court ruling stopping a Chinese company from selling Hongda brand motorbikes, adding to signs China is getting tougher on intellectual property theft.

A Beijing court told Chongqing Lifan Industry Group Co. to pay Honda 1.47 million yuan ($177,600) in damages and cease sales or exports of Hongda motorcycles, Honda spokesman Masaya Nagai said today. Gao Zhihai, a spokesman at No. 2 Intermediate People's Court of Beijing, said Lifan lost the suit yesterday."

We are talking about the World's biggest maker of motorcycles and they got less than US$ 200k out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Is this a bad time to point out that the Lich King is basically a ripoff of Sauron?
    The rip off part of the video compared to the lich king is what is done in the video itself. Not what the character is but what its based off of and doing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    China has soo much money that they need too trow it somewhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19049254

As growth slows, China's huge investment in infrastructure is looking ever harder to sustain, leaving a string of ambitious projects - towns, shopping malls and even a theme park - empty and forlorn.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    This is a Clear rip off of silvermoon....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This is a Clear rip off of silvermoon....
    What makes ya think that?
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

China doing what China does best...cheap knock offs....just waiting to hear horror stories of shoddily made rides or something exploding in it

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a bad time to point out that the Lich King is basically a ripoff of Sauron?
    I dont see it. How is the lich king a ripoff of sauron?

Free advertisement in china for blizzard is what i see, I bet they're thrilled. The pictures of the park remind me of tomorrowland. It looks like it'd be a fun place to visit.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-01-16 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    China doing what China does best...cheap knock offs....just waiting to hear horror stories of shoddily made rides or something exploding in it
    Honestly i would not go to that theme park if you payed me. Well maybe for a decent amount of money i'd walk in, just wouldn't walk under/near rides incase they collapse. To get me to actually go on a ride would cost a large sum of money and i'd probably have to be pretty damn drunk to consent to it.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    What makes ya think that?
    The quote from the pick "Under the command of Kael'thas---The price of the Elves. Silver moon's Pride will carry you and warriors of silver mood cross the elf lake and head for the mystic island.

Don't get me wrong blizzard barrowed things from D&D and forgotten realms like a lot of other fantasy games. But this is a clear rip off of Silvermoon and Silvermoon Lore.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 11:35 PM ----------

Honestly i would not go to that theme park if you payed me. Well maybe for a decent amount of money i'd walk in, just wouldn't walk under/near rides incase they collapse. To get me to actually go on a ride would cost a large sum of money and i'd probably have to be pretty damn drunk to consent to it.
    From what was said in the video its only about 30$ to go to it and thats a hell of a lot cheaper then the Six flags one I use to have here that was 50$ lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as Blizzard has ripped off their entire culture into charactures, and any other intellectual idea out of hollywood for the last 30 years, i say payback is well deserved.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Haha. I wonder if Blizzard trademarked Kael'thas.

Then again, it's China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The quote from the pick "Under the command of Kael'thas---The price of the Elves. Silver moon's Pride will carry you and warriors of silver mood cross the elf lake and head for the mystic island.

Don't get me wrong blizzard barrowed things from D&D and forgotten realms like a lot of other fantasy games. But this is a clear rip off of Silvermoon and Silvermoon Lore.

From what was said in the video its only about 30$ to go to it and thats a hell of a lot cheaper then the Six flags one I use to have here that was 50$ lol.
    Pretty sure that was sarcasm, my friend :P

10+ Year Old Account

I was kidding about the silvermoon thing.. thought it was obvious and No.. i mean i would have to get payed to even walk in. I wouldn't go there if it was free.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

I was kidding about the silvermoon thing.. thought it was obvious and No.. i mean i would have to get payed to even walk in. I wouldn't go there if it was free.
    OOOO lol mybad then but even still it is pointed out so others can see

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Lots of mid evil armor looks alike you have to do better then that.

But please do it in another thread. This thread is about WOW/Blizzard and the china theme park lets keep it that way please. Don't want this thread derailed and closed cause of it.

But to add about that pic they do not look the same to me or even a rip off lich kings armor is a lot different.

Deleted
    Me personally I think if blizzard steps in and shutdowns the park china will refuse the sell of any world of warcraft/blizzard entertainment items in China therefor will be a huge sub lost cause good change china will not let anyone play/run/buy wow there anymore.

Or Blizzard will take it to court and try to win it and make a profit off it. But once again if its not to china's liking the above may still happen.
    China doesn't play fair, they really don't care about international IP rights.
    How do you want to take them to court? How can you force them when they just choose to ignore you?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    I don't know about that, but Icecrown was basically a frozen Mordor.

Deleted

This video pretty much sums up the copyright laws in China. That aside, I didn't really see any WoW advertisement, just things that look "vaguely" similar. A lot of mmorpgs now-a-days look "vaguely" similar, doesn't mean its automatically copyright infringement.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-01-16 at 11:43 PM.