Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    It would be quite disappointing if it was just a buffed version of the ones already in game tbh.
    Unless they are going to make one for each class, chances are it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    And drop 2-3 other items you class/spec can use in addition to the helm token. Once you get your item for a second or third time before your helm token, it's not yay loot, it's crap, screwed over by RNG again.
    Tell me more... raiding since launch (hunter) got 4/16 hc progress now and STILL blue weapon. Not even freaking 476 LFR will bow. Im burning 2 coins on Leishi LFR and 1 on Leishi normal eachweek, ofc gold and dupes. Saw THREE terror in the mists (496 agi trinket) drop from Lei Shi normal in addition to usual token.

Today did MV HC and we got grand total of 2 offspec items and 10 shards, while our raid can still use lots of upgrades (cloth classes dont have single HC item on them).

At least now I will be able to actually USE the fucking reward in my T14 helmet if T15 refuses to show. Blue weapon can't into Wrathion. FFS. I hate whole sha-touched thing with a passion because of my legendary bad RNG on weapon drops (calculated my odds actually, chances are 0.8% of NOT having any sort of epic weapon after all my rolls, took both normal drops and LFR style rolls into account) and stuff like that (660 agil!!!) shouldnt be linked to pure RNG on drops. It could be just 500 agil enchant or smth, extra socket working only with sha touched weps? why? In the end I did all that shit involved in wrathion questline for NOTHING. BIG FAT NOTHING.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2013-01-18 at 12:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manamontana View Post
    It'll most likely be "flat stat increase and healing/damage dome/damage taken reduced by x". Can't see any other way it'll be balanced.
    I suspect you're right. Whilst I'd really like a Legendary Meta-Gem with some kind of cool proc I suspect we'll get a Meta with X amounts of Intellect/Strength/Agility. probably another 500 or so.

So .. another gold sink to get this gem for OS /beter version of helm ... im like ... yay -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    At least now I will be able to actually USE the fucking reward in my T14 helmet if T15 refuses to show. Blue weapon can't into Wrathion. FFS. I hate whole sha-touched thing with a passion because of my legendary bad RNG on weapon drops
    dont say hop - they can always introduce special meta-legnedary socket in 5.2 helms ...-_- liek another sha-met-gem-touched slot ....
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-01-18 at 12:47 AM.

@Esubane
    Thats some bad luck bro, I know your pain. But imagine that - during DS progression our static got over 20 dodge trinkets (16 in a row) and not a single intellect one. And its when we had 5 casters in 10 man team. Literally everyone in our guild had that trinket just for the memory. Chances of this is way below 0.01% (16 useless trinkets in a row!)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    It won't be. That's pretty much exactly what Blizzard said when people thought it was going to be a head enchant. They don't want to force pvpers to do pve. (A legendary meta gem will be a huge deal, like it or not)
    But it's perfectly acceptable to force pve'ers to pvp: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32431

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    What, 10K is expensive for a 500 stat gem?
    You pay more for crafted items that are less of an upgrade on most servers.
    Not to mention the first gem is totally free (even makes gold due to the quests) and most people only use one weapon anyway so they have no need to buy more gems, the only ones 'screwed' over are hybids that use multiple specs basicly. Afaik it's not even sure if we get new sha touched weapons in 5.2 , probably not so there will be no need to buy them gems anymore.
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2013-01-18 at 12:54 AM.

I think what people are forgetting is that this likely will NOT be a simple flat increase to a stat without some other interaction with the overall Legendary questline. Consider what everyone is already complaining about: that PvP players should not be forced to PvE, and vice versa. Should this be a simple flat increase to a stat (+1000 Spirit/Intellect/Strength/Agility), many players would undoubtedly go for this regardless of their play in PvE or PvP.

The way that the Legendary gems in 5.1 and the subsequent socket in 5.2 were deterred from PvP is their requirement that it be used in conjunction with the Sha-touched weapons. We can only assume that the Legendary CotH meta gem has a similar restriction to prevent any player from any spectra place it in any ordinary helm. Could it be required that the gem be placed in a tier-set helm? Unlikely. There doesn't seem to be any cohesion with the previous patches' themes -- a notable synthesis of the Sha and the Legendary gems.

Given the above, I think it's more-than-likely that the Legendary CotH meta gem will have some kind of forced interaction with the Sha-touched weapons, making them, in some way, significantly more powerful than the current tier's weapons and continuing their relevancy through 5.2.

... or does everything I'm saying sound stupid? -_-

No, it makes sense. I think it's a reasonable thought, but I don't see it being the case.

We'll find out soon enough when the gears are datamined. Either a few helmets will have a special socket, or they won't. But either way, I think there'll initially only be the (normal meta or CotH-enabled socket) and then in 5.3 we'll add another socket as part of the continuing chain.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

legendary .. the only thing i ever counted as a legendary was thunderfury, epic questline, almost never droping. Thats why i thought it's special
    sulfu was just a hammer with a upgrade that almost never did drop
    glave with 10% drop lol
    bow .. drop wee
    and from that thing on it was simple collect lot of crap
    uldu - hammer for healers .. kill a lot of bosses ... boom
    icc - axe ... kill realy a lot of shit
    fl - tare (atelast nice questline) but still collect looots of crap
    dw - wee every roq in this game gets legendary :P

and now it's every fucking player that does lfr gets some funny stuff that is "legendary" .. for me that gem is more like a epic gem nothing realy special about it.
    atleast all the old legendarys had a great proc, a awesome design and sometimes a questline. getting a gem from a dude is just "normal" nothing legendary to me.

meta gem, well to make it pvp useless they could add "incrase dmg to pvemobs by 10" and boom problem solved

Deleted
    I thought the legendary questchain was supposed to turn your sha-touched weapon into a legendary? How does a head gem fit into this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I thought the legendary questchain was supposed to turn your sha-touched weapon into a legendary? How does a head gem fit into this?
    We should still have at least 2 patches after this to figure it out lol.

I'm diggin it though, but as a JC who mainly makes money off of metas, I'm kinda bummed at the same time.

Deleted
    500 str/int/agi + 500 haste/crit/mast/dodge/parry/stam/hit/exp gems.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    We should still have at least 2 patches after this to figure it out lol.

I'm diggin it though, but as a JC who mainly makes money off of metas, I'm kinda bummed at the same time.
    A ton of folks don't even have the 5.1 chain finished. The legendary metagem will take long enough to get that regular metas will still be selling.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Pretty much this, we haven't had a meaningful legendary since Dragonwrath.
    Please tell me you are joking

I listened to the spoiler sound files and it sounded as if you wouldn't get the metagem unless you kill Ra-den.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrik View Post
    I listened to the spoiler sound files and it sounded as if you wouldn't get the metagem unless you kill Ra-den.
    I'll admit, I didn't listen to the audio files, but I highly, highly doubt this. You can do all of the 5.0 and 5.1 Legendary questlines without stepping foot into a Normal mode raid. It would be a 100% flip on the design line to make the next step available to only the best of the best.

If you trolled me, then grats.

you sure the sound file isn't only about the "power of ra-den" which is what the thunder king stole by stealing ra-den's heart? so that would make it kill thunder king which is identical to killing sha?

Wrathion clearly stated that we were to get the heart from Lei Shen. There would be nonstop anger if they put a Legendary quest part on a Heroic boss on a 12 boss raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Wrathion clearly stated that we were to get the heart from Lei Shen. There would be nonstop anger if they put a Legendary quest part on a Heroic boss on a 12 boss raid.
    How many times it have to be said?

Heart of the Storm Lord comes from Nalak, the world boss guarding entrance of Throne of Thunder.