Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    The "abs"set is awesome in modelview if you choose fem-panda
    i always wanted a REALLY weird helm/mask!

I'm going to be working harder for challenge mode gear I'm afraid. It's just plain better than this tier, even if its better than the 5.0 tier.

Don't like it, but I'm also in the crowd in disbelief that in the lightning raid they didn't make a new lightning set.. not like it'd be the perfect opportunity.

Might be that the lightning will make it into live, remember that it possibly ain't finished.

Still, smack a tabard on and hide the helm and I'm fine with it. At least the shoulders kicks ass.

Deleted
    Seems like they just took the head piece from the new npc trolls, and the shoulders looks like the front of the troll ship.

Let's hope this doesn't get too big. (it did)
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2013-01-17 at 09:10 AM.

Considdering it wasn't done until now I am very disappointed indeed. I think they could have done a much better job, especially considdering shamans affinity for lightning. I really, really hope they redesign this (though not likely). All I can say: transmog, transmog and transmog.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's not terrible, but it's not fantastic. I like the shoulders though, the mask would be awesome - if I played a troll...

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    So they mix a Metal / Stone theme with a Voodoo Mask?

Don't like it, expected some fancy Lightning Set.

They must have really replaced those guys that designed previous Shaman Sets, because T14 & T15 don't like really fitting for a Shaman.
    Both t14 and t15 are very shamanistic honestly. They both have the "tribal spiritual leader" look down, so yeah. Not to mention, I was hoping for an Aztec looking tier, and well this'll do.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-01-17 at 10:06 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

Both t14 and t15 are very shamanistic honestly. They both have the "tribal spiritual leader" look down, so yeah. Not to mention, I was hoping for an Aztec looking tier, and well this'll do.
    T14 is a Bird Set, which Shaman race has an affinity for Birds?

Jungle Trolls disdain Birds, they consider their Spirit as weak.

If you like this Aztec / Maya style, well then you'll like this set, but personally i don't see what is really spiritual on this set, mostly because the spiritual vibe of the Shaman class comes from Orc / Tauren / Jungle Troll, which usually wear more primal looking things and not Voodoo mask made from stone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Will look good on my troll.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    T14 is a Bird Set, which Shaman race has an affinity for Birds?

Jungle Trolls disdain Birds, they consider their Spirit as weak.

If you like this Aztec / Maya style, well then you'll like this set, but personally i don't see what is really spiritual on this set, mostly because the spiritual vibe of the Shaman class comes from Orc / Tauren / Jungle Troll, which usually wear more primal looking things and not Voodoo mask made from stone.
    A stone is pretty primal. Also, it might as well be petrified wood.

Also, it's a Firebird - another word for a Phoenix, what is the phoenix famous for? That's right - rebirth. Just like the Shaman can reincarnate. Not to mention both the Firebird and Thunderbird of myths are tied to real-world native american shamanism. Oh, and the Firebird is somewhat reminescant of Chi'ji the Red Crane, based upon the Phoenix Guardian of Chinese mythology. Oh it's quite fitting for the Pandaren, who also happen to be a shaman race.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it. It looks very troll empire which I guess is kinda fitting. But this tier was screaming out for Lightning. Gee which class goes hand in hand with lightning?

All in all though this has been a pretty lackluster tier so Im not really that upset. Everyone kinda got the shaft.

Deleted
    Such a let down tbh, Thunder isle / Thunder King / Thunder this and thunder that, and we get a stone/metal aztec set.... That looks more something that the Hunter would use. if you look @ all the Dinomancers on the isles etc...

So if you ask me, Protest so we get a Thunder set with Lightning shooting from our eyes! haha

Gonna try and make a nice mog based on the shoulders, but the rest of the set is meh.

Deleted
    I like our new set. At least, it's something slightly different.

A stone is pretty primal. Also, it might as well be petrified wood.

Also, it's a Firebird - another word for a Phoenix, what is the phoenix famous for? That's right - rebirth. Just like the Shaman can reincarnate.
    It could also refer to Fire Hawks, which do not really reincarnate, Alysrazor is the only one so far and she just burned out after a time then got reignited, if she dies, she's dead, unlike Al'ar for example which revivies once.

Primal style in terms of Shaman usually refers to Wood, Bones and Fur, things that are often used by the 3 classical Shaman races.

Also this set looks very clean and symmetrical for a "primal" set, T13 for example looked rather "dirty" compared to this one and the classical Voodoo Masks in WoW were very asymmetrical.

Not to mention both the Firebird and Thunderbird of myths are tied to real-world native american shamanism.
    This is true, the Tauren culture is even based upon the culture of the native americans, in terms of animal spirits however the Tauren have not shown to revere Birds in any special way.

Some things are taken over, some not.

Also the Monk Set specifically refers to Chi-ji as the Red Crane, i don't think that they make 2 sets that refer to the same being while the one names him directly while the other one is rather "vague" description.

I doubt that they make 2 Sets that refer to Chi-Ji, especially if the shoulders of the Shaman Set show a bird that is not a crane.

Oh it's quite fitting for the Pandaren, who also happen to be a shaman race.
    This August Celestial thing isn't that easy, most Pandaren are Monks and almost any Temple trains especially Monks.

The August Celestials are pretty much a counter to the Sha's negative emotion, hence they represent positive emotions and traits, Wisdom, Hope, Strength and Endurance, that's why the Pandaren on Pandaria have a deeper connection to the August Celestials, they represent the counter of what their land haunts, Wandering Isle Pandaren do not have to deal with the Sha.

They revere them probably as well, but they are more focused on their elemental Spirits, as seen during the Pandaren Startzone where you have to bring all Elemental Spirits back, probably a reason for the Storm,Earth and Fire ability.

So far, we haven't seen that any Class outside of Monk that follows the ideals of one of the August Celestials directly.

Lastly, Chi-Ji represents hope, Hope sounds for me an emotion that belongs more to the Light based classes such as Paladin and Priest, especially if i'm thinking of the usual Velen talk about the light, faith and hope.

I know that the Monk set is named after Chi-Ji and the Paladin after Xuen and Priest after Yu'lon, however these 2 Celestials fit for these 2 classes as well.

Xuen represents Strength, not physical strength but rather the strength not to give into Anger, Hatred and the follow up, violence.

A fitting aspect for a Paladin since he has to keep always has to make a clear judgement and not give into Hatred or Anger.

Yu'lon represents wisdom which fits for a priest as well for obvious reasons.

In the end, i simply think that the T14 isn't really fitting because i cannot clearly see the connection between a Shaman, a (fire)bird, Chi-Ji or the emotion hope.

Similiar things applies to T15, however i simply expected a Lightning based Set because it's been a while since the last Lightning Set (T6) and this whole Patch is around the Thunder King on the Thunder Isle, the Zandalari are mostly just seen as Goons of the Thunder King.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-01-17 at 12:17 PM.

Where did all the good sets go? last time I really liked the set and the theme was t8, and while I liked t11 and t14, they werent really screaming "shaman" to me. Can I haz mah sparky set nao? Thank god for transmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really matter all that much? In the end gear design is art/fashion. There are always going to be people who like and others who dislike it. I remember 1 quote from high school: 'de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum'. Which translates as: arguing about color and taste is pointless. In the end we have transmog.

hm is it possible that the belt is missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    i like it but i really dislike that helm D:.... i still prefer the new pvp set thou :P

I don't like the helm at all. They have the resources, they could have made it much more interesting than just a front-of-the-face voodoo mask. Even if that thing had little elves popping out of the cracks to say hello, it wouldn't be cool. From behind all you see is your melon, and as an Orc it's not a particularly attractive melon at that.

Shoulders are OK. Seem like standard NPC shoulders when I first saw them and I'm glad someone linked the troll mobs wearing them.

Chest is retarded. Nothing else to say really.