Deleted

Stacking issues with TidyPlates

Hey!

I've always used the built-in health bars as I find them sufficient enough. However with the advent of 5.1 and smaller health bars for "minion"-flagged mobs, I grew tired of them and had TidyPlates suggested to me. So, I installed it through the Curse Client and tried it out.

Here's the problem: No matter my settings, the bars keep stacking up unnaturally

I've got the plates set to "spreading" in the Blizzard settings, and those still spread when I use the built-in bars, but whenever I activate Tidy they just refuse to spread out. Has anyone else had this problem, and if such -- how did you resolve it?

15+ Year Old Account
    /console spreadnameplates 1 might work if that command is still in the game.

Deleted
    Nope, didn't work:

Although when I'm fighting, it looks like the bars kind of want to spread out. If I change my camera angle, the bars move sort of around each other instead of straight through. The problem is that they only start behaving this way when they're already halfway-merged instead of using each others' edges as a spreading threshold.

Deleted
    The (larger) TidyPlates plates are attached to the (smaller) Blizzard plates. The (smaller) Blizzard plates only spread themselves without taking into account the (larger) TidyPlates plates.

Addons cannot actually control nameplate positioning, so (correct me if I'm wrong) you'll have to live with this.

That would be my understanding, at least. Never worked with nameplates too much, so take this with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-17 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    The (larger) TidyPlates plates are attached to the (smaller) Blizzard plates. The (smaller) Blizzard plates only spread themselves without taking into account the (larger) TidyPlates plates.

Addons cannot actually control nameplate positioning, so (correct me if I'm wrong) you'll have to live with this.
    Damn it. :|

But yeah, I suppose I'll have to. The "stacking" setting was decent enough for me to consider the problem solved, since the vertical overlap is much less noticable than the horizontal overlap with spreading. It's a bit curious though, a friend whom I asked has never noticed any overlaps with Tidyplates at all.

Deleted
    Something changed with 5.1 and nameplates that broke some addons. Might be related. Only guessing here, too.