Deleted

[Arcane] Help with mana conservation when not using RoP

Hey guys,

Recently switched from Fire to Arcane and loving every minute of it.

However, I have a real issue with staying above 90% mana when not using RoP. For fights where there's a lot of movement, such as Garalon and Lei Shi, where RoP is not the most optimal talent - what do you guys use, and what rotation do you use? I can't seem to work out a scorch weave rotation for IW, and Evocation doesn't work at all if I'm scorch weaving.

Any advice is appreciated.

Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...frolt/advanced

Many thanks,

Bostfrolt

What has worked for me on the weeks I've used a non RoP build to compare numbers is taking Invocation, reforging to haste>mastery>crit, and spamming AB and missiles until low mana then evocate back up (even if the buff is nowhere near expiring).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drooul View Post
    What has worked for me on the weeks I've used a non RoP build to compare numbers is taking Invocation, reforging to haste>mastery>crit, and spamming AB and missiles until low mana then evocate back up (even if the buff is nowhere near expiring).
    Thanks for the reponse Drooul.

Can I ask you for a comparison in DPS numbers for RoP (mastery) build vs. Non RoP (haste) build?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishrage View Post

Can I ask you for a comparison in DPS numbers for RoP (mastery) build vs. Non RoP (haste) build?
    The dps should be the same if played correctly (with HASTE, not MATERY ), with a slight bonus on heavy movement fight for Haste/Invo. Seems a lot of people are trying this cause RoP/Scorch is getting killed @ 5.2.

Other playstyle emerging is using 1 tick of Evo when at 70% mana to benefit from mastery as much as possible, and casting full evo when the buff is down to assure 100% uptime. I'm tired of having to learn new playstyle/rotation every 3 weeks so I've only tested Haste/Invo and Haste/RoP atm.
    Last edited by mmoc70ab634a7b; 2013-01-17 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    I'll give Haste/Invo a chance tonight and see how I get on.

Thanks Eihwaz.

10+ Year Old Account
    For fights where there's a lot of movement, such as Garalon and Lei Shi, where RoP is not the most optimal talent - what do you guys use, and what rotation do you use?
    As before, just with Incanters Ward.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    As before, just with Incanters Ward.
    But I can't stay above 90% mana with just using IW (scorch weaving).

But I can't stay above 90% mana with just using IW (scorch weaving).
    and you can keep above 90% with RoP when IW have the same regen?

Deleted
    The 65% mana regen on IW is disabled when it's on cooldown (25 seconds), so I don't see how this is the same as ROP?

why would u pop it? it's a dps loss

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not kiting on Garalon you can use Rune of Power. If you're kiting then you use Incanter's Ward and you can cast it on cooldown while within range of the boss. I don't see why you wouldn't use Rune of Power on Lei Shi. I've yet to encounter a boss where Rune isn't usable.

For me using RoP correctly (have to have fight scripted in your head almost) resulted in better damage but it's close enough that RNG or me having a bad attempt on a kill could have way more of an effect than my level 90 talent did. Haven't tried the small tick evocation thing yet though.