AoE farming spec

My toon is a lvl 90 lock

I am interested in farming Verlok Stand in Deepholm for Embersilk Cloth.
    That place has a very high mob respawn rate and they do hit quite high for their lvl (83).
    Guildies ask me to spec Demo for farming this place and they talk very highly for its AoE capabilities.
    I have been only destro from lvl 10 and (quite ashamed to say this) I really dont know how to play the other two specs

TLDR : For AoE farming which spec is better Aff or Demo or Destro ?.
    Which spec do you suggest for me for AoE farming Verlok Stand ?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    "yes"...

against level 83 mobs as a 90, the question isn't survival/DPS but how to group up your enemies best. Nothing should face survival issues no matter how poorly you play it. As affliction, I'd just SB:SS (~400k?) every mob and drain one periodically before it died. If that's not killing them faster than the respawn, do destro or demo, group them all up and AoE, but to be honest, against 83s I don't know which sounds like more work. If you get in trouble, switch to the AoE life drain and nothing at 83 should have a shot at you.

Deleted
    against those kind of mobs, its only really a question of having harvest life or not.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Demonology.

For dailies I do GoSac and Dark Apotheosis with Harvest Life and just combo immolation aura with harvest life and kill 9-15 mobs at once at 90.

This should make farming a large group of 83 mobs very easy regardless of gear. And u don't have to manage a pet during it

Destro with manoroths fury. RoF on everything. You will generate more embers than you can spend Aoe conflags will slow the adds while you run to fresh packs to RoF. You can also Embertap if you get low in health. I use this method with the turtles in valley. Doesnt matter if other classes are farming them you can blanket the entire spawn area with RoF and tag every mob that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooutine View Post
    Destro with manoroths fury. RoF on everything. You will generate more embers than you can spend Aoe conflags will slow the adds while you run to fresh packs to RoF. You can also Embertap if you get low in health. I use this method with the turtles in valley. Doesnt matter if other classes are farming them you can blanket the entire spawn area with RoF and tag every mob that way.
    You sir are a genius

i love affli, just dot everything while running around like a retard, worked all the way from bc till now :P
    besides i get bored after more then 20min farming ^^

Destruction with rof pulling mobs and embertapping as stated above is an excellent way of aoe farming, glyph of soul consumption can be great while farming as afflic.

destruction all the way m8.Mannoroth's fury,harvest life if you have survivability problems and shadowfury.First use RoF to pull everything along with conflagrate/fel flame.If you have more than 5 targets FnB->immolate for extra damage on RoF and always remember keep RoF up.Make a macro for FnB->incinerate to use when you have enough embers or use harvest life when you dont have any/or low hp. FnB->Incinerate macro here :
    #showtooltip Fire and Brimstone
    /castsequence [reset=target]Fire and Brimstone,Incinerate

To sum it up : Go destruction
    Pick Harvest Life , Shadow Fury, Soul Link, GoSac, Mannoroth's Fury
    Sacrifice VoidWalker to have an extra survivability Cd

Use RoF,conflagrate,fel flame for mass pulls
    If more than 5 targets
    Use SnB:Immolate to apply immolate and extra RoF damage
    Spam SnB:Incinerate macro or Harvest life if no burning embers
    If in danger use Unending Resolve, Shadow Bulwark(command demon skill from Voidwalker sacrifice),healthstone,shadowfury

Destruction spec with Mannoroth's Fury and Harvest life and all other mentioned above will help you to kill fast,never starve of mana(thanks to destruction's passive mana regen), and have always max hp/ or replenish it faster