Deleted

Fury weapon choice help!

I just got my second HC Starshatter (http://www.wowhead.com/item=87061/starshatter) yesterday.

I want to know what you guys think... should I enchant it with dancing steel (my other Starshatter already has it) or wait for Sha of Fear in terrace to drop Shin'ka (http://www.wowhead.com/item=86386), gem it with 500str gem and enchant it instead.

Cleared terrace almost every week since it got released, never saw the axe on my warrior. Got access to 8/16hc gear, looks like sha heroic is still far ahead in the future for us, so I am talking about normal Shin'ka vs HC Starshatter.

You should use the best weapons available to you enchanted both with Dancing Steel.

Sha weapon as of right now is not available to you, I don't know what there is to discuss here.

10+ Year Old Account
    i believe Landsoul from Vodka said on his livestream that with Titans Grip Its' SLIGHTLY(!) better to have 1 dancing steel and one windsong. but it's only like 200 dps difference

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    You should use the best weapons available to you enchanted both with Dancing Steel.

Sha weapon as of right now is not available to you, I don't know what there is to discuss here.
    We are discussing if I should take 20 sha crystals from gbank to enchant my weapons or 30(which would happen if I enchant 2 and then replace 1). We are talking about 2k+ gold. Not that it's a big sum but I don't want to waste the guild's resources unless I am certain I will use the gear I'm enchanting.

Basically the question is : Is Starshatter HC better than sha+meta gemmed normal Shin'ka?
    Last edited by mmoc299c4ad0c3; 2013-01-17 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post
    We are discussing if I should take 20 sha crystals from gbank to enchant my weapons or 30(which would happen if I enchant 2 and then replace 1). We are talking about 2k+ gold. Not that it's a big sum but I don't want to waste the guild's resources unless I am certain I will use the gear I'm enchanting.

Basically the question is : Is Starshatter HC better than sha+meta gemmed normal Shin'ka?

What JaJa is telling you is, Basically atm you have 2 HC Starshatters, you are going to be waiting on RNG at best, and RNG plus your guilds progression/loot rules to get the Shin'ka

atm you have 1 enchanted HC Starshatter and 1 unenchanted, you will help your guild more with an enchanted off hand than an unenchanted one, if you replace it quickly then you played the odds and came out short or ahead depending on your perspective, but until the Sha weapon drops you are intentionally under-preforming if you don't enchant your off hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruddoris View Post
    What JaJa is telling you is, Basically atm you have 2 HC Starshatters, you are going to be waiting on RNG at best, and RNG plus your guilds progression/loot rules to get the Shin'ka

atm you have 1 enchanted HC Starshatter and 1 unenchanted, you will help your guild more with an enchanted off hand than an unenchanted one, if you replace it quickly then you played the odds and came out short or ahead depending on your perspective, but until the Sha weapon drops you are intentionally under-preforming if you don't enchant your off hand.
    I have a 497 upgraded normal starshatter enchanted with Windsong, can do Windsong on the unenchanted heroic one while waiting for shin'ka as well. I only want to know which weapon is better. According to http://www.icy-veins.com/fury-warrio...t-best-in-slot , I should go for Starshatter HC until I have access to Shin'ka heroic but I don't think that accounts for sha-touched gems and the prismatic gem socket of Shin'ka( which I am 1 month away from since I just rerolled to warrior).

So, which one is better, Shin'ka normal + sha-touched socket + prismatic socket in 1 month VS Starshatter HC? Disregard my gear situation atm, I just want to know the answer to the question.

EDIT: Just found the answer in ellitistjerks - looks like Shin'ka + double socket is better for offhand only. Looks like I am going for windsong for now. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by mmoc299c4ad0c3; 2013-01-17 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    I have a 497 upgraded normal starshatter enchanted with Windsong, can do Windsong on the unenchanted heroic one while waiting for shin'ka as well. I only want to know which weapon is better.
    You can get a generalized idea and answers from here but if you want something more concrete you will have to sim all the setups currently available to you.
    www.simulationcraft.org

QFT
    Quote Originally Posted by bruddoris View Post

The information you recieve off Elitist Jerks is most likely for gearing BiS items.

I just got my second HC Starshatter (http://www.wowhead.com/item=87061/starshatter) yesterday.
    You have 2 HC Starshatters according to your first post you do not currently possess anything else (or maybe you do but haven't mentioned it here).

Purposely underperforming by not enchanting the best gear you HAVE, you are lucky to be in a raid team tbh.
    Last edited by Jaja; 2013-01-18 at 10:41 AM.