Thread: I love dailies

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

I love dailies

Dailies, most of you hate them, some of you don't. I am one of those people who doesn't hate them, and I'll explain you why! Remember what we've been doing the past few years on wow? raiding? pvp? heroics? no, what most of us have been doing is: Flying around in orgrimmar or stormwind waiting for the queue to pop up, or just flying around for hours and hours for the sake of playing wow. Sure you could do older content or something similar to it, but most people didn't and as I recall the vast majority was screaming for something to do besides raiding and pvp. The vast majority was screaming for old school like content to come back, so that's what blizzard did.

They gave us the endless dailies we were screaming for to come back, and all people do right now is complain. At least we aren't stuck in orgrimmar and stormwind anymore, and isn't that what blizzard intentions were? They tried getting us out there doing something, exploring, wpvp and so much more. since we are forced (not actually) to do other stuff we are being kept busy so that what we get is quality content. If blizzard would remove all of it again, people would be screaming for something do. If you consider flying around in a city fun, I recommend you playing a free game and stop wasting money.

Are dailies the best fill up for flying around capital cities? No, but that's the reason why blizzard left us more options to choose from.

I hope you get what my point of view is and start to appreciate what this company is doing day in day out just to please us.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing really wrong with dailies in general. I think the outrage stems more from the fact that people need to do them to be able to buy valor gear. I personally hate dailies, I'm a healer with 2 Holy Specs, and every day it's a pain. However I'm long since exalted with all factions now, and I just skip them all till I need coins.

Deleted
    I wouldnt say that i love them .. because i dont.. but i do enjoy them ( especially the ones with good lore like in 5.1 ).

Deleted
    I like dailies too I find them ...relaxing,some way of low-level gaming if you want to see it that way.

Anyway the complaints got nothing to do with the dailies themselves,the complaints comes from:

A) you cant get reputation to buy valor gear from other sources.
    B) you cant get charms for other sources(yet).

If Blizzard addes alternatives to A) and B) you wont see any complaints.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    There's nothing really wrong with dailies in general. I think the outrage stems more from the fact that people need to do them to be able to buy valor gear. I personally hate dailies, I'm a healer with 2 Holy Specs, and every day it's a pain. However I'm long since exalted with all factions now, and I just skip them all till I need coins.
    yes having 2 holy specs makes it hard to do dailies, I love it how you're still not to negative about it. my respect

Deleted
    I love dailies, for me it is just one of thing I have to do when I play WoW I also like the action that is going around world PvP and such - and the loots can be amazing. Just go an epic head the other day http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/90573

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I personally hate dailies, I'm a healer with 2 Holy Specs, and every day it's a pain.
    You had better be a priest with disc and holy, because that's the only class in the game where it would make sense to have two healing specs anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    You had better be a priest with disc and holy, because that's the only class in the game where it would make sense to have two healing specs anymore.
    that depends ofcourse, if I for example want to be both holy in pvp and pve I'd have 2 holy specs as a paladin. I know how much of a pain this can be, but then again just have a bunch of stuff to reset your talents put on some retri gear as a paladin, and as a priest you could easily switch to shadow

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rather fond of dailies myself..and often do the ones i like well past actually needing to. the amount of tol barad comidations i have is a fairly big testiment to that.
    as for the lesser charms.. i could probably go for a year without getting more and never miss them as i currently have over 3000 of the things.
    What i have been avoiding this expantion is dungeons. i do them when my guild talks me into them, but otherwise i'm just not liking most of them this go 'round and honestly, since i don't feel i Need to do them. I don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarqon View Post
    that depends ofcourse, if I for example want to be both holy in pvp and pve I'd have 2 holy specs as a paladin. I know how much of a pain this can be, but then again just have a bunch of stuff to reset your talents put on some retri gear as a paladin, and as a priest you could easily switch to shadow
    No you don't? :P All you need to do is carry around a stack of those tomes at all times.

Deleted
    yes that's what I meant, "stuff = tomes" ^^

I like them also,

I also didn't do them all at the start. Just 2 factions per day when I was able. I recently started with the Klaxxi and ShadowPan, leaving the Anglers as the last one to since I hate Fishing . I like the dailies mainly because they are great to fill waiting time for bg's, randoms or whatever else you can do in the game. Also what is posted above, the fact you can do them as just easier content whenever you feel like is nice.

I also think the majority of the complaints come from people who feel like they have to do dailies to get some gear (ofc with valor) yet there are other ways to get gear.

The bonus rolls in the game are also extra. People are just spoiled. If these coins weren't in the game there would be no complaints about them. They are a reward for doing dailies. Don't like dailies, you don't get coins and IMO that's totally acceptable.

Also people who complain will post it quicker on forums like these than people who are actually happy about features, it's not the majority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarqon View Post
    yes that's what I meant, "stuff = tomes" ^^
    Yeah but what I meant is that there's no reason to pick the same spec twice because they give you the exact same bonuses. But let's not stray to far from the original topic now :P

I also love doing dailies. They might sound like boring, mundane tasks to some but for me it's a way of coming to rest and enjoy the game in it's 'pure' form - a way to break away from the numbers game that's surrounding all the group content, and to simply enjoy the environment and watch my character be himself.

Some of my guildies call me crazy but hey, at least I get the most out of my subscription fee!

I think a large portion of the people complaining about dailies are the same kind of people who'd be very pleased if the game was nothing but normal and heroic raiding, and most every other aspect of the game was removed. Including but not limited to: PVP, Leveling, Questing in general, Dungeons, scenarios, every side activity at all that isn't raiding, LFR, and so on. It's basically a really, really, really, really loud hardcore minority that feels they've been shoehorned out of the one and only activity they seemingly care about. GRANTED, not all of the people who dislike the dailies are like that. It just seems to be a lot of them :x and if history serves, Blizzard should be very careful not to listen to these people too much :x If anything, I'd say Blizzard shouldn't much listen to what any of the kind of people that contact them directly (via forums or otherwise) at all. Look at why people leave your game, analyze why, and then try and fix it. I'd say this expansion, they've done a damned good job of actually listening to the majority for damned once, instead of the otherwise, and that's not just on the subject of dailies.

I enjoy most of daily quests. However I think that Golden lotus could be much much better if you had more feeling of story progress and mogu invasion, and not just jumping from place to place. I feel like Golden Lotus is the main reason why people complain.
    August Celestials only have one storyline and it feels like waste. Will Yulon die? Why Nizuao fate is tied to Shado-pan quests and not Celestials?
    And whats up with Anglers? There are two more faction hubs (one in Krasarang, one in Jade Forest) but no quests there.

they're fine, I just think golden lotus burnt people out hard. I really liked the 5.1 dailies.
    Hatred the Fearless.

Farming Tol Barad dailies for the mounts on two different char's completely put me off dailies. (Never knowing mounts would oneday be account wide). The only thing that made it fun was the TB was packed and full of pvp, and 359 ilvl epics seemd so rare

Deleted
    You like it so it's good?

We need more than 1 option when it comes to getting coins...and I'm not talking about the Minigame called Pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, dailys are entertaining like a paper with the text "turn page" on both sides.

Deleted
    I enjoy dailies. There. I said it.