Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    All the time, too many clowns on the road.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    She could hold it in her hand for 1 extra minute, let it go off and take it to the next trashcan or something.
    Don't most trashcans have those dispenser things for cigarettes? I guess not where he/she is from.

If you drive in the Philippines without using your horn you're doing it wrong. Back home I (and everyone else) probably used my horn at least once every 2-3 minutes. And it was so necessary.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If you drive, and have ever been in traffic, you inevitably know that sometimes people do dumb things on the road. Having said that, sometimes its not dumb things, but maybe someone is just not moving when there is a green light, and they need that nice little horn honk "nudge" to get them moving.

So.. have you ever honked at another driver before? If so, why did you honk at them?

I have honked several times at people because of doing stupid things, but mostly they have been just sitting at a green light probably texting. I have had a few people flip me off too, which is hilarious.

I use my horn frequently. I live and drive in New Jersey. I don't think I have to explain any further.

What's funny is that most drivers use their horn exclusively to convey frustration, when it is actually meant to convey courtesy; like "I'm coming around a blind corner now. kthkx"

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I sometimes use it as a farewell noise when I am driving away from someone I don't expect to see for a while. I also use it to make friends and family jump.
    Glad they give people that do this MASSIVE tickets in my country.
    It's massively anti-social and truely a dangerous act.

I used it just yesterday to tell the guy in the next lane over that no, there was NOT enough room for his fat ass SUV between me and the car in front of me. There only being a half car's length between me and the guy in front of me (morning rush hour) didn't stop him. Didn't use his turn signal either.

Only reason I didn't just let him hit the side of my car and have him pay for repairs for both my vehicle and his, as well as make his insurance payments go up, was that I was running late for my math class and I had homework to turn in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    What do you drive? I have never owned or heard of a vehicle where the handbrake did not trigger the brake lights.
    I guess you never drove a manual car?

My misses never uses the horn, but I always do.

Someone cuts me off, or is driving stupidly, I'll make it very clear they've been a prick! I also love to slam on the breaks for people right in my ass while driving!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I guess you never drove a manual car?
    What's interesting is that I thought this was the reason as well. But a co-worker and I just tried the same thing with his automatic Corolla and the lights don't turn on either.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is this mystical blind spot people keep referring to? There's no blind spot in a car if you can turn your head. Trucks sure, buses maybe.

Personally I use the horn far less than would actually be needed. I drive so much different trucks and vans in the work that I can never seem to locate the horn button fast enough because they tend to be located all over the place in different models. Some most common usages would be when you're blocking the lane doing a last moment lane shift or fail to notice the green light.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used it yesterday after sitting behind a guy for 10 seconds at a green light.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegan View Post
    I used it yesterday after sitting behind a guy for 10 seconds at a green light.
    In this case the horn says "Excuse me sir, it would seem you forgot to smart."

Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    What's interesting is that I thought this was the reason as well. But a co-worker and I just tried the same thing with his automatic Corolla and the lights don't turn on either.
    I know that I was just saying you would be more familiar with this IF you drove a manual car. People who drive auto use the E brake less frequently.

Of course, I use it more than most people judging from this tread. Especially kids being reckless get on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I know that I was just saying you would be more familiar with this IF you drove a manual car. People who drive auto use the E brake less frequently.
    In an amusing turn of events, I bought a used car (automatic) where the brakes failed before I even got home. Ended up using the emergency brake as a primary break the rest of the way.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

All the damn time, there's so many merges around town especially on the coastline where people fail to yield... I can see them like 50 yards off, people facing completely the other direction and now slowing down at all I preemptively beep to get their attention. Not risking an accident cause some asshole is admiring a family of ducks swimming in the bay.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I lived in the middle of no-where i rarely used my horn.
    Now living in a large city(Philly), it's rare if i don't use my horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    All the damn time, there's so many merges around town especially on the coastline where people fail to yield... I can see them like 50 yards off, people facing completely the other direction and now slowing down at all I preemptively beep to get their attention. Not risking an accident cause some asshole is admiring a family of ducks swimming in the bay.
    In my experience, and I'll bet this is true for most people, 100% of the almost-accidents I've come out of have happened because someone didn't yield when they were supposed to, or ignored right of way, or did a lane change without signalling.

Deleted
    I don't have a car. But I use the bell on my bike to signal pedestrians and other cyclists that a maniac is about to drive past

I have the habit of shouting and venting my frustrations rather than using my horn, usually it gets the same point across. More often than not if I just honk at someone being dumb/not paying attention and doing reckless things it just makes them more prone to doing them or at minimum deliberately doing those things in front of me.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa